• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sophistry would probably refer to the damage control stuff from the front of the chapter; Yuta isn't really being lied to, exactly, even if he is misplacing the blame.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Just caught up... pretty wild chapter to catch up on. Pretty drastic shift to the status quo of the manga. Hope Gege doesn't squander it. Their horror influence is pretty huge, so I'm expecting the next arc to be dark.
Mappa hasn't really taken any liberties yet, so I can't see them moving arcs around. I also can't see Chapter 0 getting animated anytime soon.
OVA between seasons wouldn't be too surprising. That or start of the next season.
for some reason i thought Rika was gone
I absolutely had the same impression, which I thought made Yuta far less interesting. We'll see.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Volume 0 is adapted as an OVA/special.

I thought his ability to copy techniques would be enough once he got back into the main series but I don't mind if Rika is brought back too.
Btw I love Volume 0 as a concept so much. Wish more series did stuff like that, even if it's after the main series comes out.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so I watched the anime and then caught up on the manga. I was like "how long can this arc go on" once it started getting into the 20's and damn, shit really escalated. I guess this author has a gameplan in mind and isn't going to let the manga run on for a massive amount of time like some shonen? I'm here for that. Usually takes a few hundred chapters for things to 'upend' society or whatever in these kinda "kids go to school" shonens, so that's cool.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
On the topic of Rika's return. We know Yuta is (distantly) related to the Gojo clan, so it's possible he has a cursed technique, and since he was able to copy Inumaki's cursed speech in the prequel, maybe that cursed technique is power mimicry? Maybe the Shaman character has an ability similar to that villain who channeled Toji's spirit into her grandson, and Yuta learned it, allowing him to temporarily bring Rika back?

There's also this twitter thread (I don't know how accurate the translation is, but I've seen other people say similar things):

Another explanation is that Yuta managed to create a cursed spirit or shikigami, and just named them Rika as a tribute.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question: I thought the Shaman was an enemy to the Jujutsu sorcerors in the prequel, how come he was chilling with Yuta during the events of the main story?

Jun 22, 2019
On the topic of Rika's return. We know Yuta is (distantly) related to the Gojo clan, so it's possible he has a cursed technique, and since he was able to copy Inumaki's cursed speech in the prequel, maybe that cursed technique is power mimicry? Maybe the Shaman character has an ability similar to that villain who channeled Toji's spirit into her grandson, and Yuta learned it, allowing him to temporarily bring Rika back?

There's also this twitter thread (I don't know how accurate the translation is, but I've seen other people say similar things):

Another explanation is that Yuta managed to create a cursed spirit or shikigami, and just named them Rika as a tribute.

Just wanted to nitpick that tweet since "X, please..." is totally a playful chiding remark when said with the appropriate tone.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Interesting.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Question: I thought the Shaman was an enemy to the Jujutsu sorcerors in the prequel, how come he was chilling with Yuta during the events of the main story?
We don't know. The other one from their team with the pasties on his nipples is also working with Yuki. Larue is his name.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how rough Yuta looks
Yuta looks like he hasn't really smiled since volume 0 lol. Even his fake smile to the kid in the chapter seemed off.

Guessing whatever caused Rika to return has been distressing for a while.. Or could just be the massive fallout of shibuya incident.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The third guy from the Tokyo school that's supposed to be super strong and who Gojo is counting on in the future has never actually been seen right?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
How fucking insane would it be for Yuta to just execute Itadori and become the protagonist again lol
I thought this might happen until I remembered we never got an explanation for Yuji's memory altering abilities. If not for that, I would think he would "die" I.e. Sukuna takes control and fucks off somewhere

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Between Sukuna and whatever the memory fuckery is, Itadori has to be extremely difficult to kill

Giving him the remaining fingers so he'll peace out voluntarily might be the only surefire way to make it happen lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
The third guy from the Tokyo school that's supposed to be super strong and who Gojo is counting on in the future has never actually been seen right?
Nope. Just the one shot of him.

BYN37SB.png

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought this might happen until I remembered we never got an explanation for Yuji's memory altering abilities. If not for that, I would think he would "die" I.e. Sukuna takes control and fucks off somewhere

I agree that it probably has an explanation, but imagine if Choso was actually his brother somehow and Todo is just a headcase lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'll post it in here since it has sealed Gojo (though it's censored :P).

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I'll post it in here since it has sealed Gojo (though it's censored :P).

This was already funny, but then the prison realm sections hits and was even better.

Roboco definitely having a special dedicated chapter to Gojo's release if it happen while it is still running.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I read Vol 0 now and I'm super curious as to how Yuta is still a special grade sorcerer. I mean even if Rika is gone, the fact that he was able to create a special grade curse by cursing someone at the moment of their death is pretty powerful. I wonder if he still has the ability to copy cursed techniques. Copying stuff is always either super OP or has to be done in a very limited way to not make it super OP.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between Sukuna and whatever the memory fuckery is, Itadori has to be extremely difficult to kill

Giving him the remaining fingers so he'll peace out voluntarily might be the only surefire way to make it happen lol

Yeah, Itadori is already inhumanly strong as it is and Sukuna isn't going to let him die yet. So even if Itadori couldn't actually hold his own against Okkotsu, which I think he could, Sukuna would step in anyway. His best bet of becoming whole again is to let Itadori consume all twenty fingers and then take over his body permanently before Gojo can kill him. I'm not sure anyone else really could.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I read Vol 0 now and I'm super curious as to how Yuta is still a special grade sorcerer. I mean even if Rika is gone, the fact that he was able to create a special grade curse by cursing someone at the moment of their death is pretty powerful. I wonder if he still has the ability to copy cursed techniques. Copying stuff is always either super OP or has to be done in a very limited way to not make it super OP.
Yuta still has magic blood being related to gojo that makes him super powerful

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone hasn't been following the anime but curious about the best produced scenes, episode 17 is worth checking out. Has Maki/Miwa, Kugisaki/Momo, and Maki/Mai.

Was a good reminder that we need a Maki update! Inumaki losing a limb off screen has me about 10% more worried about this.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has Miwa's technique ever had its intended effect? I feel like it has never worked once and it saddens me because Miwa is fun, katana users in suits are cool and I love "step into this area and you're done" attacks.

And yeah episode was insane. Glad to see my hero Tatsuya Yoshihara on it, this was his week.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Looking back at the most recent episode, it's kinda funny seeing that flashback with Naobito looking down on Maki

Like, bruh, you got fucking demolished by Dagon and Jogo like just as easily as she did, and you were the one talking shit?

Also, can we get some Episode 17 level animation for Toji next season? Please?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
i forgot we seen Naoboto
Looking back at the most recent episode, it's kinda funny seeing that flashback with Naobito looking down on Maki

Like, bruh, you got fucking demolished by Dagon and Jogo like just as easily as she did, and you were the one talking shit?

Also, can we get some Episode 17 level animation for Toji next season? Please?
i mean he was the one closest to beating Dagon lol and they said he could have dodged if he wasn't injured
so still smug

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's so funny how they look down on Maki cause she can't use techniques even though she has superhuman strength in exchange and now represents the next step for humanity.

i forgot we seen Naoboto
Yeah I was surprised to see him when I re-read recently. Cause when he appeared in the recent arc I didn't think "oh that old guy from before".

Jun 22, 2019
I re-read the entire Shibuya arc as a form of procrastination and I think it's a muuuch better experience reading it all at once rather than weekly.

In the Dagon fight (pre-Domain Expansion), Maki was frustrated that she would have died if Naobito didn't save her by activating his cursed technique at one moment. But yeah it's always a real eye opener to watch all 3 get set ablaze by Jogo before they're even aware what's happening.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Repeat cover characters on the table now. Before the protagonist even.

Though just might be the circumstances of almost everyone prominent in the volume is already on cover and not wanting to do Sukuna and Yuji back to back lol

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The cover of 15 feels like Gege was peeping MHA 25 but Mahito is definitely having a harder time than Shigaraki lmao

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, spoilers for upcoming chap

Naobito died, just 1 week after getting introduced into the manga. Apparently Megumi is the next heir in case Gojo loses his mental faculties or dies, getting sealed counts too.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
So I had read the Kyoto Kamo flashback as his father talking to him, but based on the voice in the anime it is someone else (maybe his grandmother?)

Looking like origin or obedience will be covered this season.

Last edited: