• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
People must have talked about this but what do you think of the idea of the Gojo past arc being moved ahead and the next season of the anime starting with the death painting arc instead. I feel the there wouldn't be that big of a disconnect or is there something the shuffle would ruin?

Oct 25, 2017
Mappa hasn't really taken any liberties yet, so I can't see them moving arcs around. I also can't see Chapter 0 getting animated anytime soon.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking the arcs are pretty distinct and can't quite think of the downsides specifically. Ending on a bombshell with Gojo and introducing Toji seems alright, it would make for a different feeling i guess.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if one of the elders is complicit to help grab power.
Kinda has to be the case right? I mean I get why they are against or unhappy with Gojo's practices, but him not wanting to be freed is bullshit, he is their best chance to beat sukuna and "geto" execute gojo afterwards.

Still wonder what yuta can do without Rika, what gives him the rak of special grade.

Can't wait for Yuta to be hit with Itadori's memory blender and him also thinking they are best friends

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I like where they are going with Tokyo being super fucked and all that. Wait and see I guess.

They also better have a limb factory lying around somewhere.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Maki and Nobura are ok. Very interested to see how the Yuji/Yuta interaction is gonna go down.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Yuta probably won't be too thrilled with Maki's current condition either. Idk if he wants a half mummy girlfriend but we will see🤔

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
So I wonder who Yuji's classmates will side with. Siding with Yuji means betraying the Jujutsu Organization and becoming fugitives. I imagine Fushiguro, Nobara (if she's alive) and Todo will side with Yuji, but I wonder about the rest of them. Yuki probably as well?

Yuji vs Okkotsu should be hella interesting. I wonder if Inumaki, Maki and Panda will convince him to come over to Yuji's side (assuming they side with him). Can't really see Okkotsu actually killing Yuji or vice versa. (Unless Sukuna kills Okkotsu)

also, damn I feel bad for Yaga. The higher ups are definitely using this as an opportunity to keep Gojo and his allies away so they can grab more power. Yaga is some unfortunate collateral damage there.

Wonder if Gege retconned Yuta's backstory, since I though Rita had disappeared.

very interesting stuff, the world is fucked and the setup for this next arc is great. Can't wait to see what Gege has in store for us.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
They mentioned that the prison realm seal can be undone, before i kinda assumed it was impossible but i guess it's designed to keep things mostly. Do they know about the prison realm. I kinda took the hundread year sealing at face value, but i guess Gojo will have to show up sooner than that.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I wonder who Yuji's classmates will side with. Siding with Yuji means betraying the Jujutsu Organization and becoming fugitives. I imagine Fushiguro, Nobara (if she's alive) and Todo will side with Yuji, but I wonder about the rest of them. Yuki probably as well?

Yuji vs Okkotsu should be hella interesting. I wonder if Inumaki, Maki and Panda will convince him to come over to Yuji's side (assuming they side with him). Can't really see Okkotsu actually killing Yuji or vice versa. (Unless Sukuna kills Okkotsu)

I think they'll resolve it pretty quickly and move on. But we'll see I guess.

They mentioned that the prison realm seal can be undone, before i kinda assumed it was impossible but i guess it's designed to keep things mostly. Do they know about the prison realm. I kinda took the hundread year sealing at face value, but i guess Gojo will have to show up sooner than that.

I believe Geto originally said 100 years - but then corrected himself and said 1000 years. Either 1000 years or if Gojo kills himself the seal will be undone.

The way I saw it was Gege needed to remove Gojo from the story temporarily because the dude is so OP.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Good luck trying to kill Itadori, Yuta.

If he even comes close, he'll probably get Todo'd

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Panda is siding with Yuji if for nothing else then because they wanna execute his papa,. Megumi for sure. Todo is his buraza. Idk what condition Maki is in, Nobara either. He has big bro Choso too.

Btw end of chap says new chap in a week, on site countdown in 2 weeks :(

Damn... The world is fucked
It''s "just" Tokyo.

for some reason i thought Rika was gone
She was, he flat out lets her go at the end of the prequel. Brain chan even mentioned it to Gojo before he cubed him.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Inumaki lost his arm off screen right? Cause I just reread the whole thing and I swear I didn't see that

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I figured it was from Sukuna's cutting spree, I just didn't remember it being shown and wanted to be sure.
It's offscreen yeah last we saw him was some civilians talking about him using his powers (they don't know he has powers obviously i think he was mind controlling them) i think either evacuating them or moving them out of the way before they got sliced by Sukuna
So he was in the domain likely and since he's a sorcerer was able to defend himself somewhat

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was weird how the chapter said Feb 7th like everything else but the app said "New chapter in 14 days". Take your time Gege.

To think Okkotsu would come back only to be the antagonist. I did not expect that. Looking forward to what's next

He shoulda been disintegrated by Malavolent Shrine, idk how he got hit and survived.
Dude's just that good. Probably busted his throat defending himself though.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
-What a hook to introduce Yuta with. I was surprised that he was on a color page since usually an entrance of a much teased character would be treated as a reveal, but no need with this direction lol. Have been expecting Yuji's execution to get pushed forward, but not like this!
-Punished Yuta is here. Rika seemingly being back might be a retcon. As long as there is an alright explanation and takes Yuta's character an interesting place I'm alright with it. The pitfalls of turning what you thought was a mini series into a full blown serialization.
-Poor Inumaki really did get caught up in the domain expansion :( no wonder every character but him got to run in on that final geto encounter
-While I was expecting Yuji to be in trouble, I never considered that the higher ups might be perfectly fine with Gojo remaining sealed. Makes sense, too powerful to be controlled and was often working against them. He is going to be chilling in prison realm for a while.
-Tokyo in some dire straits. You know you are in rough shape when the shady organization is contemplating making the secret world/powers known to the public. Would be an interesting direction. Full extent doesn't even seem to be known to them since there was no mention of the new sorcerers/hosts.

Thinks looking bad, but hey, at least the depreciating yen may be good for exports.

Btw end of chap says new chap in a week, on site countdown in 2 weeks :(
Ah bummer. Not usually a good sign when it is sudden like that, hopefully health is ok/gets to rest up.
I'm not sure any of the tokyo jujutsu students, aside from Panda who should go with Yaga, are even going to be in condition to pick a side depending on how quickly this gets moving.

Yeah, thinking Yuji will go with Yuki. She probably isn't too committed to the jujutsu world if she was talking about the best course being breaking away from cursed energy.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
6392th7j5pe61.jpg

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Glad I'm not the only one who had Shin Megami Tensei on the mind this chapter lol

This is just SMT in manga form, not that I'm complaining

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember thinking about how cool it would be that the wimpy MC of the prequel becomes this badass senpai to the main character whenever he returns. Little did I know

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

also, damn I feel bad for Yaga. The higher ups are definitely using this as an opportunity to keep Gojo and his allies away so they can grab more power. Yaga is some unfortunate collateral damage there.

Wonder if Gege retconned Yuta's backstory, since I though Rita had disappeared.

very interesting stuff, the world is fucked and the setup for this next arc is great. Can't wait to see what Gege has in store for us.
At this point we have to consider if Yuji is even on his own side. He'll probably be begging to be killed

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Surely Sukuna won't let Yuji die before he can kill him himself? 🤔
And he'll at least check up on Megumi once in a while for his plans. With Megumi's sister being a problem now that puts Megumi himself in a precarious situation and i don't know where Sukuna will stand in that situation. He seems to have special Megumi senses to know when he's in danger.
I really can't keep the "Sukuna saving his boyfriend" jokes at bay for much longer, the fandom will keep on building on that with fanfics and fanart, and i have nothing against it.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda interesting that Yuta and Rika are still together, too. I thought she was freed? Even "Geto" thinks that and assumes Yuta is no longer a threat. 🤔

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It's kinda interesting that Yuta and Rika are still together, too. I thought she was freed? Even "Geto" thinks that and assumes Yuta is no longer a threat. 🤔
Worth considering:

And yeah, as others have said, could be a retcon/treating Vol. 0 as not 100% canon (since it existed before he even knew the series was gonna be a thing).

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter was good. I liked the pages of dialogue, very nice establishing technique. Tokyo is cut off from the rest of Japan, the Japanese government is in turmoil, cursed spirits are meant to be secret (was wondering about that for a while now), and it looks like the official line is that cursed spirits are a Tokyo-specific thing since that's where the chaos is concentrated.

I'd expect that they're just retconning Rika being gone. Always felt like it'd be hard to do Yuta without her.

And yes, WHERE IS NOBARA

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Damn, indeed. Someone mentioned that it could have been intentional, but given some of the issues on KnY with this translator, I'm left skeptical. The Spanish version went with "Sophistry" (Sofisteria) btw.