• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Choso has had a tough time
-Mother experimented on leading to him and brothers
-Spends 100+ years as a semi sentient womb that only cares for his brothers
-Gets a host only for the other two to almost immediately be killed
-Gets his mind messed up to think he is friends with Yuji.
Glad Mei Mei is alive
I guess UI UI has an emergency teleport
Makes sense she's grade 1 she can't beat Geto and is probably too selfish to sacrifice herself

I don't see how they could let Yuji live honestly even ignoring the untold deaths Gojo the only one person probably in the entire world that can kill Sukuna is gone

There's no reason to let him live
Right, they made moves to kill before hand when Gojo was still around even. No going to go well now
Do any guesses what happened with Geto or who that is?
Popular guess is Noritoshi Kamo. The one mentioned during the cursed womb backstory called most evil sorcerer.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
this show/manga has the best take on "demon inside protagonist"

suzuna is awesome lmao (im an anime-only but just came to say this after most recent episode)

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was bitching about the awful Spanish translation but the English one is awful too
Lol

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Soooooo after what Sukuna just did + Gojo being imprisoned...y'all think Yuji should be executed?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
After watching the latest episode I'm kinda glad Mahito got paid back in full. It was absolutely satisfying.

0eRXW5.jpg

Also Nobara was right ahaha. Dude was always a coward lol.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but... Nobara should've ran the fuck away tho lol

Think about it tho if Nobara hadn't been there and attacked Mahito with her resonance curse ability, Yuji wouldn't have been able to defeat Mahito. She is the reason why his hp went down to 40%. Mahito even explains it that if it weren't her curse attack he wouldn't have been damaged as much. Her curse technique is really effective against Mahito since it deals with the soul.

It's literally one of the reasons why he wanted to get rid of her immediately. In order for Mahito to be taken down it needed to be a combination of Yuji, Nobara, and Todo. They all had an important role in the fight even if they all suffered damages.

Oct 27, 2017
What's with with 2 characters (Choso and Todo) getting memories that never happened after meeting with Itadori?

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
Think about it tho if Nobara hadn't been there and attacked Mahito with her resonance curse ability, Yuji wouldn't have been able to defeat Mahito. She is the reason why his hp went down to 40%. Mahito even explains it that if it weren't her curse attack he wouldn't have been damaged as much. Her curse technique is really effective against Mahito since it deals with the soul.

It's literally one of the reasons why he wanted to get rid of her immediately. In order for Mahito to be taken down it needed to be a combination of Yuji, Nobara, and Todo. They all had an important role in the fight even if they all suffered damages.
No I meant when Mahito got hurt and then ran. She was able to sus out it was a double so she shouldn't have followed him to what was, from a critical thinking standpoint, him going back to his other half

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Mahito has always been clever af and had luck on his side. Thankfully he ran out and got yetted.

What's with with 2 characters (Choso and Todo) getting memories that never happened after meeting with Itadori?

It might have to do with Yuji's curse ability or something. All we know is that he's involved in some shape or form when memories start to effect others.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but... Nobara should've ran the fuck away tho lol
TBF Nobara kicked (that half of) his ass. Woman got suckerpunched in round 2.

It's a mysterryyyyyyyy

I got some theories tho:

Right, I'd forgotten that one of Choso's brothers got hit with it too.

Hmmm

I was thinking that maybe it was Yuji's cursed technique - we don't know who his parents are, it's possible he's supposed to inherit something. But it's hard to square that with his clearly superhuman abilities - which we know are the result of taking on some great restriction. His parents could have given him a restriction that he couldn't use it deliberately, so it would only activate spontaneously when he's in great danger, but that doesn't really feel like it would merit being able to throw cars at people.

Maybe it's related but tangentially. It could be some kind of protection he was given alongside the restriction, somehow. Sort of a very abstract barrier.

Flipside, it could just be #1. Sukuna has some weirdass powers, as evidenced by him somehow managing to match Jougo using a cursed technique he really shouldn't have (controlling and producing fire), given the rules as we understand them. Maybe he's got some mind juju. I doubt he'd be able to restrain himself from gloating, though.

Ooooooh kinda depressing twist - this has been happening for a very long time. Yuji's grandpa? Not actually his grandpa. Found him when he was distressed after his parents died or abandoned him and the barrier/power/whatever convinced him he was Yuji's grandpa.

Could be Yuji having powers, could be Sukuna covertly protecting him so he's alive for whenever he cashes in that deal he made without tipping his hand that he's protecting Yuji (which might raise the question of "why")

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really wonder if JJK will go the shonen trope route and nake Yuji's parents important or big players.

He said he can only remember his dad very slightly and his mother not at all right?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I heard somewhere that Gege is gonna reveal Yuji's mother soon and his father down the line.

Don't know what it means, but we are definitely gonna get more info in regards to his parents.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Happened to one of the other blood painting brothers too. Some innate curse Yuji has it seems.

I heard somewhere that Gege is gonna reveal Yuji's mother soon and his father down the line.

Don't know what it means, but we are definitely gonna get more info in regards to his parents.
Everyone thinks Yuki is his mama, right?

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Mahito is extremely wet behind the years so I see this being a big learning experience for when he eventually escapes.

The plan was to always execute yuji after he ate all the fingers, but now if they wait who will stop him?

there will be more talks of killing him, but I believe most will realize they need him around based on what Geto does. The power vacuum Gojo left behind is too big

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo after what Sukuna just did + Gojo being imprisoned...y'all think Yuji should be executed?
There's no reason for the higher ups to keep him alive
Yuji even though it's completely not his fault proved to them that they can't rely on a dumb kid to keep an unstoppable immortal monster in check and the only one that could kill Sukuna if he's let loose not only failed to do his job but he's out of the picture and he was the only one with the power and influence to stop them

Unless Yuta comes back with Super Sorcerer God i guess

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad he incorporated Yuta in the manga, he was such a meh first draft character. That said Rika isn't around anymore so I do wonder what he'll do.

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason for the higher ups to keep him alive
Yuji even though it's completely not his fault proved to them that they can't rely on a dumb kid to keep an unstoppable immortal monster in check and the only one that could kill Sukuna if he's let loose not only failed to do his job but he's out of the picture and he was the only one with the power and influence to stop them

Unless Yuta comes back with Super Sorcerer God i guess
Yeah Gojo should've been more careful. He bought into his own hype too much and the ruined the plan. I'd imagine we're in for an interesting character arc for him when he's freed.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
With Gojo alive they had already succeeded on sending Yuji on a too tough mission and getting him killed. Now pretty much anyone who would vouch for Yuji (who has now decimated a portion of a city) is sealed, dead, or severely hurt. Maybe the principal would come through.

Though maybe that is moot point since both Ino and Nanami declared that it's going to be war / over for humans in japan if Gojo stays sealed, and they will have to prioritize that.

Will be funny if that third year (hikari?) Gojo mentioned and has been MIA since gets introduced into the story before Yuta, and Yuta goes back to getting teased for another 100 chapters.

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
With Gojo alive they had already succeeded on sending Yuji on a too tough mission and getting him killed. Now pretty much anyone who would vouch for Yuji (who has now decimated a portion of a city) is sealed, dead, or severely hurt. Maybe the principal would come through.

Though maybe that is moot point since both Ino and Nanami declared that it's going to be war / problem for humans if Gojo stays sealed.

Will be funny if that third year (hikari?) Gojo mentioned and has been MIA since gets introduced into the story before Yuta, and Yuta goes back to getting teased for another 100 chapters.
Yeah and they already wanted to kill Yuji anyway. Now he's 15 fingers deep and killed like 10,000 people.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
See at first I was thinking that yea the sorcerers would immediately want to execute Yuji. However, now that Gojo is sealed and the sorcerers fighting capability has been completely decimated I feel like they may be a bit hesitant. Think about it, this incident may cause a huge flow of curses to come in and the usual evil that were in hiding due to Gojo are gonna probably reveal themselves. So basically like Mei Mei said all of Japan is gonna be completely fucked because of this incident and it's the reason why she dipped immediately. So I don't think they will be quick about it because they are being attacked by other evil sorcerers and curses.

Mahito is extremely wet behind the years so I see this being a big learning experience for when he eventually escapes.

The plan was to always execute yuji after he ate all the fingers, but now if they wait who will stop him?

there will be more talks of killing him, but I believe most will realize they need him around based on what Geto does. The power vacuum Gojo left behind is too big

Is there even a possibility a curse can regain conscious after being taken in by Getwo? I feel like they are basically done. Anyone I feel like this may be it for Mahito as he has already served his purpose by growing Yuji's character.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Though maybe that is moot point since both Ino and Nanami declared that it's going to be war / over for humans in japan if Gojo stays sealed, and they will have to prioritize that.
This is a good point. With so many jujutsu sorcerers killed or badly hurt, and Gojo sealed, can they afford to throw Yuji away?

The counter-argument, of course, is that with so many jujutsu sorcerers killed or badly hurt and Gojo sealed, they definitely can't afford to risk Sukuna seizing control.

Altho given how strong Sukuna is now, I wonder if they even could kill him. Like, even if Yuji wanted to let himself be killed, it's possible Sukuna could seize control of his dead body or some shit. Or he activates the pact and escapes, but the higher-ups don't know about that.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good point. With so many jujutsu sorcerers killed or badly hurt, and Gojo sealed, can they afford to throw Yuji away?

The counter-argument, of course, is that with so many jujutsu sorcerers killed or badly hurt and Gojo sealed, they definitely can't afford to risk Sukuna seizing control.

Altho given how strong Sukuna is now, I wonder if they even could kill him. Like, even if Yuji wanted to let himself be killed, it's possible Sukuna could seize control of his dead body or some shit. Or he activates the pact and escapes, but the higher-ups don't know about that.

Yea he can do so much with in a min. Could easily escape to somewhere else even if Yuji was to be executed.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up with the manga. I started watching the anime and it was so good I needed more! Where to start...

Toji (Megumi's dad) is probably one of my favorite characters here - he's a badass that bodied Gojo and Geto HARD back then, plus he took out Dagon with ease inside of its DE while a supreme grade 1 sorcerer, grade 1 sorcerer and 2 others were struggling. Too bad he's dead!

Megumi summoned one of the strongest cursed spirits (Maharoga), but 15-finger Sukuna was able to take care of it with no issues. However, Sukuna is still fixated on Megumi getting even stronger. Gojo even said that Megumi's potential can surpass that of Itadori, so that's interesting. Maybe he can perfect his DE and control Maharoga in it.

The sorcerers are going to need some backup now that Gojo sealed. They've been hyping up Yuta Okkotsu for a while now, and even dedicated a whole prequel to his character, so I imagine he would need to come back from overseas to help eventually. Also, the other guy that Gojo mentioned that could surpass him was Hakari (currently the only 3rd year student), but we don't know much about him right now other than he's suspended. I've read about theories regarding Hakari's potential cursed technique: he can manipulate the weight and size of objects, this is based on a kanji writing of his name that translate to weighing scales or light. How useful can this cursed technique be, I wonder?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up with the manga. I started watching the anime and it was so good I needed more! Where to start...

Toji (Megumi's dad) is probably one of my favorite characters here - he's a badass that bodied Gojo and Geto HARD back then, plus he took out Dagon with ease inside of its DE while a supreme grade 1 sorcerer, grade 1 sorcerer and 2 others were struggling. Too bad he's dead!

Megumi summoned one of the strongest cursed spirits (Maharoga), but 15-finger Sukuna was able to take care of it with no issues. However, Sukuna is still fixated on Megumi getting even stronger. Gojo even said that Megumi's potential can surpass that of Itadori, so that's interesting. Maybe he can perfect his DE and control Maharoga in it.

The sorcerers are going to need some backup now that Gojo sealed. They've been hyping up Yuta Okkotsu for a while now, and even dedicated a whole prequel to his character, so I imagine he would need to come back from overseas to help eventually. Also, the other guy that Gojo mentioned that could surpass him was Hakari (currently the only 3rd year student), but we don't know much about him right now other than he's suspended. I've read about theories regarding Hakari's potential cursed technique: he can manipulate the weight and size of objects, this is based on a kanji writing of his name that translate to weighing scales or light. How useful can this cursed technique be, I wonder?
Depends on what the bounds on that are, I suppose. If he can just wave his hand at a spirit and it collapses into a tiny black hole, well, that'd be pretty potent.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
See at first I was thinking that yea the sorcerers would immediately want to execute Yuji. However, now that Gojo is sealed and the sorcerers fighting capability has been completely decimated I feel like they may be a bit hesitant. Think about it, this incident may cause a huge flow of curses to come in and the usual evil that were in hiding due to Gojo are gonna probably reveal themselves. So basically like Mei Mei said all of Japan is gonna be completely fucked because of this incident and it's the reason why she dipped immediately. So I don't think they will be quick about it because they are being attacked by other evil sorcerers and curses.

Is there even a possibility a curse can regain conscious after being taken in by Getwo? I feel like they are basically done. Anyone I feel like this may be it for Mahito as he has already served his purpose by growing Yuji's character.
he is most likely done, but I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka comes up with a way to bring such an interesting villain back.

Megumi's powers at their peak are supposed to be on the same level of Gojo.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers for the upcoming chap

To no one's surprise Getwo is Kamo, that said Kamo also had stitches on his 4head, was that in preparation to use his tech, or was Kamo also not Kamo? We'll see I guess.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Going to do a reread. Haven't read these early chapters since 2018 when hardly anyone was talking about it. Expect some comparisons with a certain other series. Hey look, a random one already. :P
1YzXolR.png

One more from the first chapter.
5MUzWyH.png

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Going to do a reread. Haven't read these early chapters since 2018 when hardly anyone was talking about it. Expect some comparisons with a certain other series. Hey look, a random one already. :P
1YzXolR.png

One more from the first chapter.
5MUzWyH.png
Ahahahaha

WOW that's direct. I love it.