• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
EnIpZ5fXUAIk3zl

yikes again

EnRFVoSW4AQUCXR

goo when he's finally freed

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Actually good point, I keep forgetting how Gojo went off the walls in the 'Past Arc,' he is a lot more chill in the present.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
This man Toji literally killed off Dagon when everyone else had trouble.

He did it just on pure strength and skills lol.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta imagine he'll be back in some capacity, either through another seance/ritual or a flashback.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Latest anime episode reminds me that Maki is cool and hopefully not super dead

Revising mahito fight remainder guess to 5 chapters of Panda showing up and throwing hands /s

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Latest anime episode reminds me that Maki is cool and hopefully not super dead

Revising mahito fight remainder guess to 5 chapters of Panda showing up and throwing hands /s
Only Nanami is definitely dead in the sorcerer group i will be surprised if anyone else taken out so far is dead

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Only Nanami is definitely dead in the sorcerer group i will be surprised if anyone else taken out so far is dead
I don't have high hopes for Inumaki. I think he was in the Sukuna Domain Zone.

Everybody else would've had to have died off screen, so I think you're probably right about the rest. But Inumaki in particular... part of the point of that scene was how sudden and overwhelmingly inhumane it was. Everything rendered to dust in an instant. In that light, dying off screen would be very on theme.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
All the deaths we've seen have been clearly shown so I don't seen Toge getting off-screened.

I'm just more worried about Mei Mei and Ui lol.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Nanami is the only character with a very clear on screen death, everyone else will be fine. Maybe with some scars or "unable to fight anymore" type shenanigans.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
True form achieved even if the form is a jumble of words. With a tail mahito truly can't be stopped now.

Really like the look of the top half of the page 14-15 spread.

Yuji gonna punch hard next chapter.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Not much happened in this chapter, I'm about ready for the fight to end already

Hopefully Kugisaki comes in with the assist by the end of this

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Not much happened in this chapter, I'm about ready for the fight to end already

Hopefully Kugisaki comes in with the assist by the end of this
I think Kugisaki is probably out for the rest of the arc, though I'm not sure how much longer that'll be. Feels like the fight is just about done, but I dunno what happens after that.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone else it joining this fight. Though if anyone I think most likely would be Inumaki to assist

Some more thoughts
-Very physical fight. I like that even with a series with crazy powers like this we can get a prolonged close combat fight like this.
-Didn't catch Yuji's cut lip at first.
-Still curious about the new form. This chapter makes it more clear that it is black flash that prompted it. Design wise the form's scarf/back of head thing kind of resembles black flash? Yuji seems to have some idea of the change.
-Yuji really put through everything this arc. Impactful to seem him shaking/scared but pushing through.
-A flooding collapsed tunnel scene change is nice visually. Also would be a great place to see Mahito ora ora'd to exorcism if it were to happen!

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Really felt like a short chapter, but I did enjoy the combat aspect to it. I really can't guess what's gonna happen next week considering how much incredible luck Mahito has lmao. This man has gotten away every single time.

Also something I realized whenever Gojo, Megumi, and Nobara are at their ends they get real crazy, but Yuji is devoid of emotions. In the entire fight he hasn't shown any crazy facial expression. Also I wanna mention his appearance is starting to look like Sukuna. He looks good when his hair is slicked back. I hope he keeps that look as well as the scar.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on the manga and maaaaan the most interesting side character would be the first to get got ;___; RIP Nanami

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Well spoilers are out for the new chap.

Not related to it but what did you people think about the Getwo reveal? I hated it after all the awesome backstory in the flashback, I wasn't aware of Volume 0 at the time.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a break after the next chapter. Latest author comment mentioned renovating studio so maybe related.
Not related to it but what did you people think about the Getwo reveal? I hated it after all the awesome backstory in the flashback, I wasn't aware of Volume 0 at the time.
I was put off by at it at first. Now knowing about volume 0 it is less bizarre / makes some sense.

Going forward it is one of the more interesting mysteries since we still have so little info about their identity/motives. Also like having a more immediate antagonist to set up with the disastor spirits exorcised. And we have the real Geto leftover followers still around too. I'd say the long term intrigue it added, assuming it doesn't end up falling flat, has probably outweighed the immediate problem had with it.

Viz should be putting up volume 0 in about a month so probably won'r be as jarring for new readers. Wonder if the anime would adapt it if it were to continue past this season?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, like, what is Sukuna up to anyway? We had that one page where Mahito talked to him, telling him he'd kill Itadori before he could switch in, but surely if Sukuna wanted to kill Mahito (even if just to keep Itadori alive) he would've done it already?

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Caught up this weekend, love this manga! Can't believe it took me so long to start reading.

Art reminds me of bleach but so far the story is much better! A little bit of hunter x hunter and naruto as well. Hopefully the story doesn't turn into a power level fight fest like bleach and naruto eventually did.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
finally the fight ends. Looks like some mind fuckery and prolonged damage ended it
Spoilers for latest chapter

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Remind me does Fushiguro get to keep his Super Shikigami since technically Sukuna exorcize it or did he lost it

Either way he should get a huge power boost

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the rule was that to bind the shikigami, one of the participants has to exorcize it? If an outside party does it, it doesn't count.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the rule was that to bind the shikigami, one of the participants has to exorcize it? If an outside party does it, it doesn't count.
That's why I'm confused and Sukuna seems to want Megumi to get stronger so idk
Either way Shouldn't his other shikigami get a huge powerboost from losing that one based on the wolf explanation

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That's why I'm confused and Sukuna seems to want Megumi to get stronger so idk
Either way Shouldn't his other shikigami get a huge powerboost from losing that one based on the wolf explanation
I don't think that this one counts towards that - it's bonded shikigami. Otherwise, yeah, it'd be a colossal powerup, but getting one from getting his ass kicked would be... weird. Dude was unconscious for that entire fight, lol.

I don't think anything changes for him directly, yet. He'll probably be stronger 'cause he's getting experience, but Mahoraga's status hasn't changed. He's still a Shikigami he doesn't have access to yet.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the ten shadow user has to exorcise it alone to keep it. But can have multiple participants in the ritual, but their is a line about calling multiple person ritual useless. So Megumi was using it as a pure sacrifice move and ritual wouldn't end until he and ponytail both defeated.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Remember to spoil tag discussions and comments about chapters that have not had an official English release (Viz)

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Great chapter! The callbacks were on point and it looks like Itadori had full control over his body.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Great end to the fight. Was starting to think that the use of the delayed second impact would become obsolete due to black flash, so it is nice to see that it comes back here as a mix up and both can be utilized.

Incredible Todo showmanship. RIP Boogie Woogie.

Yuji lines are chilling and a bit depressing in a way. Resigned to being a cog in the machine of the system (same imagery of Fushigoro at start of series). No triumph or ideals, just fighting to survive, the predator and prey spread does a good job of hitting that home, and preserve a system that couldn't care less about him. Mahito declaring it a war was more or less right.

Next couple chapters should be interesting. Guess we will find out what happened to Mei Mei and Gojo.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Great end to the fight. Was starting to think that the use of the delayed second impact would become obsolete due to black flash, so it is nice to see that it comes back here as a mix up and both can be utilized.

Incredible Todo showmanship. RIP Boogie Woogie.

Yuji lines are chilling and a bit depressing in a way. Resigned to being a cog in the machine of the system (same imagery of Fushigoro at start of series). No triumph or ideals, just fighting to survive, the predator and prey spread does a good job of hitting that home, and preserve a system that couldn't care less about him. Mahito declaring it a war was more or less right.

Next couple chapters should be interesting. Guess we will find out what happened to Mei Mei and Gojo.

Honestly hoping his hand gets restored by the medic back at the school, such a good character with a simple power made amazing.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Damn, Todo had me going for a sec. Still holding out hope that someone can fix him

C'mon, just die already Mahito. It's about time.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Todo is so fucking cool.

Great chapter, I love this manga. Punished Itadori is cool, love his little monologue to Mahito at the end, gave me chills.