• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
EnIpZ5fXUAIk3zl

yikes again

They can only come out stronger......

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
I think the guy from overseas s is going to come back to watch over Yuji and help train the freshman.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I think the guy from overseas s is going to come back to watch over Yuji and help train the freshman.

All the sorcerers and the trios are in dire need of buffs considering how badly they have been destroyed. I mean Dagon in his Domain expanision almost wiped all the sorcerers if it wasn't for Megumi support and Toji coming in clutch.

It will be even worse now if Gojo is really gonna be cubed for a while.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
All the sorcerers and the trios are in dire need of buffs considering how badly they have been destroyed. I mean Dagon in his Domain expanision almost wiped all the sorcerers if it wasn't for Megumi support and Toji coming in clutch.

In their defense, Dagon's power level has to be at least 5 fingers if Jogo is around 8-9.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Gojo is kinda... weird, even by the standards of other people who could be on his level. After the Toji fight he figured out some special mindset stuff that lets him keep Infinity on all of the time - that wasn't the case when he first got ganked. I'd reckon it probably wasn't the case for that ancestor that got killed by Megumi's ancestor, either.

I think we can basically take it on faith that nobody currently operating is at Gojo's level. It's sorta foundational to the current status quo. Full-power Sukuna might be up there - he's got some weird-ass tricks up his sleeve - but that's about it barring some new players out of left field.
its not a mindset thing. He is constantly using The Limitless and using reverse cursed energy to heal his brain, otherwise it would fry from having his cursed technique activated all the time.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

And the sorcerers Dagon wiped out was were some of their stronger sorcerers we've seen

And they got almost wiped by probably by not even the strongest of the Disaster curses
Jogo even in their full strength would have no problems

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
So like where does everyone expect the manga to go after this arc if everyone isn't dead?

I wanna say there will be a timeskip, but who knows. There will definitely be some needed character development especially with Nobara, Yuji, and Megumi.

Also Sorcerers will start to realize how heavily handicapped they are without Gojo. We will probably get introduced to the third years that were apparently suspended as well as Yuki.

And the sorcerers Dagon wiped out was were some of their stronger sorcerers we've seen

And they got almost wiped by probably by not even the strongest of the Disaster curses

We literally got introduced to the Zenin head with his cool FPS curse technique and he almost got wiped out by Dagon.

Then to only get one shotted by Jogo. Although granted the fight against Dagon worn him out, but still.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017

I wanna say there will be a timeskip, but who knows. There will definitely be some needed character development especially with Nobara, Yuji, and Megumi.

Also Sorcerers will start to realize how heavily handicapped they are without Gojo. We will probably get introduced to the third years that were apparently suspended as well as Yuki.

We literally got introduced to the Zenin head with his cool FPS curse technique and he almost got wiped out by Dagon.

Then to only get one shotted by Jogo. Although granted the fight against Dagon worn him out, but still.
the show has a lot of rock paper scissors , expansion domains are a cheat code
they were fine till that happened tbh

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This fight just keeeeeeps gooooooing. Mahito kind of has to die here, or what was the point of all this.

Todo clapping his hand with Mahito's to switch with Itadori was really cool, though. Hopefully someone will be able to get him a replacement hand.

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate I expect Mahito to grow back whips and do that for 10 more chapters.

I don't even like Mahito, can this fight end already.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Popping in to say I'm on chapter 37 and soon the semester will be over so I can catch up

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It's been said that the next chapter will be the climax so yea this fight will end in the next one.

Something's up with Sukuna though considering he was acting all smug. Also that smart thinking by Todo was fantastic man literally switched by clapping with Mahito's hand.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Mahito: This isn't even my final form
Dude has more power ups than shonen protagonist
It's been said that the next chapter will be the climax so yea this fight will end in the next one.

Something's up with Sukuna though considering he was acting all smug. Also that smart thinking by Todo was fantastic man literally switched by clapping with Mahito's hand.
Todo is the greatest bro

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Toudou is cool now, but watching the anime I'm reminded of how much of a huge jackass he was before... whatever the hell happened with his memory and Yuji happened.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the first time it happened I figured it was just Toudou being a weirdo, but now that it's happened twice, and once in a really serious scene... it's gotta be something else.
There's a few possibilities:
1. It's just Sukuna fucking with people
2. Yuji is doing it (subconsciously) somehow?
3. Also possibly related to his parents? Idk

Mahito getting distracted by the necklace was a bit odd too. Either way I'm intrigued.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Initial thoughts:

Mahito powerup is his true form, which means their is a reason why he appears as a human compared to the other cursed spirits we have seen so far.

I don't think Mahito is winning this fight, Sukuna doesn't even seemed bother.

Todo is a beast and definitely worthy of his fame within the shaman community.

I couldn't tell if Mahito destroyed todo's hand or not.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't tell if Mahito destroyed todo's hand or not.
The one that's left? No Todo just got burnt from touching him, he even says he got off lucky with just that from touching him.

I mean, the first time it happened I figured it was just Toudou being a weirdo, but now that it's happened twice, and once in a really serious scene... it's gotta be something else.
3 times. Todo, First human looking blood bro and Choso after he beat Itadori in the bathroom.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
3 times. Todo, First human looking blood bro and Choso after he beat Itadori in the bathroom.
Right, I'd forgotten that one of Choso's brothers got hit with it too.

Mahito getting distracted by the necklace was a bit odd too. Either way I'm intrigued.
Hmmm

I was thinking that maybe it was Yuji's cursed technique - we don't know who his parents are, it's possible he's supposed to inherit something. But it's hard to square that with his clearly superhuman abilities - which we know are the result of taking on some great restriction. His parents could have given him a restriction that he couldn't use it deliberately, so it would only activate spontaneously when he's in great danger, but that doesn't really feel like it would merit being able to throw cars at people.

Maybe it's related but tangentially. It could be some kind of protection he was given alongside the restriction, somehow. Sort of a very abstract barrier.

Flipside, it could just be #1. Sukuna has some weirdass powers, as evidenced by him somehow managing to match Jougo using a cursed technique he really shouldn't have (controlling and producing fire), given the rules as we understand them. Maybe he's got some mind juju. I doubt he'd be able to restrain himself from gloating, though.

Ooooooh kinda depressing twist - this has been happening for a very long time. Yuji's grandpa? Not actually his grandpa. Found him when he was distressed after his parents died or abandoned him and the barrier/power/whatever convinced him he was Yuji's grandpa.

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Mahito did blow it up/transfigure it to spikes

Ahh thank you.

Yuji is definitely not normal to have that much raw strength and abilities before even learning anything. So yea, there is definitely something up with his parents and probably why he can be a vessel to Sukuna even up to the point of consuming so many fingers.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Added dimension, so far this has only happened to people who were putting Yuji in direct danger themselves. Grandpa the attempted child killer!

Anyway, the more I think on it, the less likely I think that it's Sukuna. Yes, we only saw this happen for the first time after Yuji got brought back to life, but like... Sukuna is a lot of things, but subtle is not one of them. Yes, he keeps secrets, yes, he manipulates people, but he's too proud to downplay anything. He's incredibly cocksure and lives to flaunt. If he was saving Yuji on the regular, he would be rubbing the kid's nose in it. I honestly don't think he could help himself.

Although... since he did erase Yuji's memory after his deal, he might want to act without making Yuji wonder why he was helping him.

Though I think he could probably get away with pretending he's getting soft. And it's sort of a weird way to go about doing it - even if he did want to use some kind of mental attack on people trying to hurt Yuji, wouldn't you expect it to be more... Sukuna? Blood, brimstone, giant piles of skulls?

But maybe the idea is to revert the memories when he's ready to take control so all of Yuji's "friends" he picked up along the way because of this without knowing why suddenly turn on him. Sort of an emotional torture. Or a way to get around the terms of the deal...

Gah, now I'm not sure again.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
-Mahito pulling of the .2 domain, taunting Sukuna, and beating out a simple domain from Todo is wild. So yuki did teach todo as implied before. Wonder when we will get a more proper introduction to Yuki. Probably the special grade sorcerer we know the least about.
-Todoooo. Clapping Mahito's hand moment was great and that pendent reveal haha.
-I'm curious if something about the pendent prompted Mahito's true form or it was just the fight itself. Expecting the first two pages of next week to be narrator boxes explaining it!
-Thinking 2-3 chapters left for the fight. At this point seems unlikely that we will cut to not Geto and Mei Mei for an on screen fight. Almost hope that she took an offer to look the other way or something rather than getting off screened. No idea what the aftermath there will look like.
Mahito: This isn't even my final form
Dude has more power ups than shonen protagonist
Yuji to Sukuna techniques after seeing all these Mahito powers while he is still relegated to punching and kicking things hard.
200w.webp

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

It's related to Yuji somehow the death painting brother also gained false memories of Yuji and his brothers somehow and was confused by it

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Excited to see the death painting arc. It is essentially the arc that shows the trio's progression and based on how the anime op foreshadows things, the last arc of season 1.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you are excited seeing animated Todo
I'm happy Nanami is alive again in animated form

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Right, I'd forgotten that one of Choso's brothers got hit with it too.

Hmmm

I was thinking that maybe it was Yuji's cursed technique - we don't know who his parents are, it's possible he's supposed to inherit something. But it's hard to square that with his clearly superhuman abilities - which we know are the result of taking on some great restriction. His parents could have given him a restriction that he couldn't use it deliberately, so it would only activate spontaneously when he's in great danger, but that doesn't really feel like it would merit being able to throw cars at people.

Maybe it's related but tangentially. It could be some kind of protection he was given alongside the restriction, somehow. Sort of a very abstract barrier.

Flipside, it could just be #1. Sukuna has some weirdass powers, as evidenced by him somehow managing to match Jougo using a cursed technique he really shouldn't have (controlling and producing fire), given the rules as we understand them. Maybe he's got some mind juju. I doubt he'd be able to restrain himself from gloating, though.

Ooooooh kinda depressing twist - this has been happening for a very long time. Yuji's grandpa? Not actually his grandpa. Found him when he was distressed after his parents died or abandoned him and the barrier/power/whatever convinced him he was Yuji's grandpa.
yooooooooooooooooooo. YES

OP
OP
Flow

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
I don't think sukuna has played any part in tampering with memories outside of Yuji's due to them making a deal within Sukuna's domain/soul.

I think Yuji was cursed or is being protected by something causes him to have this memory placing effect.

Yuji's strength is a toss up, because we have seen another character rekt everyone without any cursed powers.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
They tend to have heavenly restriction to combat having no cursed power
Except Yuji has cursed power so whatever
Yuji has cursed power but apparently no cursed technique. It's said you get more benefit corresponding to what you give up. Fushiguro's dad still seems to be the top level of what's possible by using this method - he gave up his access to cursed power, but not his ability to see curses. Could be he just lost more in the trade than Yuji by doing it that way, but whatever Yuji lost was impressive enough to make him his ridiculous superhuman self.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yuji has cursed power but apparently no cursed technique. It's said you get more benefit corresponding to what you give up. Fushiguro's dad still seems to be the top level of what's possible by using this method - he gave up his access to cursed power, but not his ability to see curses. Could be he just lost more in the trade than Yuji by doing it that way, but whatever Yuji lost was impressive enough to make him his ridiculous superhuman self.
Actually megumi dad can only see curses because he's Daredevil on steroids his senses were good enough that he could see them anyway

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Got into this recently, randomly clicking on things on manga plus and finally caught up.

And boy, this current arc is going places. I don't remember the last time I saw the good guys destroyed that hard, especially not with such a body count of innocent bystanders.

Yuji desperately needs that win against Mahito, but at this point I say it wouldn't feel earned.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Actually megumi dad can only see curses because he's Daredevil on steroids his senses were good enough that he could see them anyway
What, so he was so boosted in the physical department that he got cursed senses from the other direction?

Jesus.
Can't imagine what Yuji gave up in order to be able to lift a car up and throw it like he was Goku lol
Just as context, Mechamaru was bedridden for life as the cost of expanding the area of effect and power of his technique. So, going the opposite direction does suggest a rough sort of scope.