• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I expected to hate Todo when he was first introduced, but he ended up being great in Episode 20 and I'm glad they didn't go the expected route with him.

When Todo showed up initially, he gave me major Gamagoori (from Kill La Kill) vibes, and I had a feeling that he was going to be great. I was very happy to be right, he's great.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on this show. Really awesome stuff so far. No idea how MAPPA is able to keep up the consistency but goddamn the show looks fucking amazing.

Just finished episode 18 and wow 17 was one of the best I've watched in a while. The whole episode had some incredible animation and fight choreography. All of that 3D inside the forest and flying around made me think I was watching AoT for a second though haha.

Also, if I was a student at a shonen battle school, I would probably avoid going on any trips that involved training or team battles in the forest. Seems like bad guys really enjoy crashing those lol.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on this show. Really awesome stuff so far. No idea how MAPPA is able to keep up the consistency but goddamn the show looks fucking amazing.

Just finished episode 18 and wow 17 was one of the best I've watched in a while. The whole episode had some incredible animation and fight choreography. All of that 3D inside the forest and flying around made me think I was watching AoT for a second though haha.

Also, if I was a student at a shonen battle school, I would probably avoid going on any trips that involved training or team battles in the forest. Seems like bad guys really enjoy crashing those lol.

Hah you're gonna love 19 and 20 if you've been enjoying it that much so far.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
The second ending theme gets to me, much like the end of the first opening. Because you just know when the last episode of this airs years from now, we'll go back and watch that ending and cry.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Hah you're gonna love 19 and 20 if you've been enjoying it that much so far.

Finished the series and yup, 19, 20 and 24 were quite the ride. I'll never get enough of the sakuga corkscrew flips. Even the animation during the baseball game was expressive and really well done. What a feast for the eyes.

Loved both of the OP and EDs as well, especially the second ED. Cant wait for the next season.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
13 was legit. Nanamin and Mahitos fight underground was pretty epic too. Damn, there were honestly so many awesome cuts throughout the season.

My only gripe with the show so far is that despite beating the shit out of two of those special grades, they weren't able to exorcise them completely, especially considering the amount of time that was spent on each of those encounters. Shigaraki wannabe dude I get but Tree dude should have kicked the bucket.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
13 was legit. Nanamin and Mahitos fight underground was pretty epic too. Damn, there were honestly so many awesome cuts throughout the season.

My only gripe with the show so far is that despite beating the shit out of two of those special grades, they weren't able to exorcise them completely, especially considering the amount of time that was spent on each of those encounters. Shigaraki wannabe dude I get but Tree dude should have kicked the bucket.
Actually, according to the author himself (as per a fanbook), Hanami is the sturdiest of the curses in the villain crew.

He even went as far as to state that Jogo, the volcano head, wouldn't be able to survive that many Black Flashes, albeit he wouldn't get hit that much in the first place.

That tracks with the show. Megumi referred to Hanami as a sort of benchmark when he spoke about how his werewolf's claws could easily go through the special grade in the penultimate episode.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More songs from the album are hitting:

Mahito's Domain Expansion:

The song from episode 20 for Yuji and Todo vs Hanami:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, according to the author himself (as per a fanbook), Hanami is the sturdiest of the curses in the villain crew.

He even went as far as to state that Jogo, the volcano head, wouldn't be able to survive that many Black Flashes, albeit he wouldn't get hit that much in the first place.

That tracks with the show. Megumi referred to Hanami as a sort of benchmark when he spoke about how his werewolf's claws could easily go through the special grade in the penultimate episode.

Ah okay, I guess that makes sense. Just wish they managed to actually kill at least one of the 3 main special grades they fought. They all just escaped by the skin of their teeth which gets a bit frustrating.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

The song from episode 20 for Yuji and Todo vs Hanami:

That Hanami fight song was my second most wanted song from the OST.

JJK is on point with these insert songs.

EDIT: Although this one might just be a more regular fixture in the OST

EDIT 2:

Megumi's theme reminds me of Kaiji ost (especially season 2) for some reason.

Last edited:

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Not all tracks are still online sadly, hopefully it gets fixed in the following hours.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I was reading about some of the tracks being misnamed/misnumbered.
Yeah, apparently Your Battle Is My Battle is named "Scariest" for some reason.

Speaking of which, this is what the full version is like. Gotta say, when they first played an edited version of it when Gojo was beating Jogo up, I sure didn't imagine the full version sounding this... uh, somber? Dramatic?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
JJK set the bar too damn high for new anime heat LOL

Learning more about studio Mappa is interesting but also kind of depressing. Still looking forward to future adaptations like Chainsaw Man, but the production pipeline and directors being creatively stifled sounds miserable. Anime industry seems like its in a perpetual cycle of talent leaving studios only to have the same shit happen all over again.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Learning more about studio Mappa is interesting but also kind of depressing. Still looking forward to future adaptations like Chainsaw Man, but the production pipeline and directors being creatively stifled sounds miserable. Anime industry seems like its in a perpetual cycle of talent leaving studios only to have the same shit happen all over again.
Watched Canipa Effect video too huh?

It is sad, but kinda funny how Maruyama's first studio lost its original focus and that he went on to make another one (with his name literally in it), only for that second studio to grow too big for its own good and alienate him within a decade.

I hope the history doesn't repeat itself with his new studio M2!

Back on the topic of JJK, this anime adaptation is as good as it is due to the director Sung Hoo Park and the talent he gathered, not MAPPA and its dumbass pipeline.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

that feel when the character you hate has a banger soundtrack

tenor.gif

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

From episode 14 when the Kyoto school is making its entrance and might be the best track of the entire season everyone missed. Apparently the featured artists is a black British dude though I'm totally unfamiliar with him. You have to wonder how some of these collaborations come about.

Jac_Solar

Oct 28, 2017
There's no escalation whatsoever.. The main character goes from a regular school goer to casually beating up a demon in the first episode. I really want to like it, but this makes it hard to get into.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no escalation whatsoever.. The main character goes from a regular school goer to casually beating up a demon in the first episode. I really want to like it, but this makes it hard to get into.

It's still very much a battle shonen and touches on a lot of the common tropes. I'd point out he isn't that normal. He easily breaks the world record for the Shot Put on his first attempt.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Oh and thanks for posting all these cool songs from JJK, y'all. I really appreciate it.

And.....

I might've found some actual new anime heat!!!! Apparently there's a new anime coming to Netflix called Yasuke and it looks VERY hype. It doesn't release until a few days and I'm gonna get a keep eye on it

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and thanks for posting all these cool songs from JJK, y'all. I really appreciate it.

And.....

I might've found some actual new anime heat!!!! Apparently there's a new anime coming to Netflix called Yasuke and it looks VERY hype. It doesn't release until a few days and I'm gonna get a keep eye on it
It's not precisely heat but there's this series on Crunchy called Odd Taxi that's legit great.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they Litterally go out of their way to show him breaking world records to show that he's not a regular school goer in the first episode...

Anyhow, just binged it all and it was amazing. If it remains this consistent throughout, it'll be my top anime for sure. Favourite part are the characters and how unique they are from one another but have great depth to them so they don't seem shallow at all. Picking a single favourite character would be impossi... It's Gojo. But seriously I'm a fan of most characters which I can't say for any other anime I've watched. I'm glad I watched demon slayer before this and not vice versa, because although demon slayer is alright, this is just better in every way.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Soooo.... uhhh... just wondering... anybody watching Don't Toy with me, Miss Nagataro!? LOL I've been ignoring the show for a while because I thought it looked super dumb but I was bored and decided to watch it and it's not really as bad as I feared... it's actually kinda good.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling the JJK English dubbing. Its not terrible by any means and the VA's are all decent but several just don't fit the characters namely Sukuna and Gojo's. Fushiguro's VA does a pretty good job on the other end but its a mixed bag with some of the bigger characters just sounding off. I'll add I'm by no means a subtitle purist either, I actually enjoy the Hunter x Hunter dub outside of one or two minor characters. They nailed that entire thing including characters like the King and Komugi.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'm not feeling the JJK English dubbing. Its not terrible by any means and the VA's are all decent but several just don't fit the characters namely Sukuna and Gojo's. Fushiguro's VA does a pretty good job on the other end but its a mixed bag with some of the bigger characters just sounding off. I'll add I'm by no means a subtitle purist either, I actually enjoy the Hunter x Hunter dub outside of one or two minor characters. They nailed that entire thing including characters like the King and Komugi.
I like Brazilian Sukuna.

A different interpretation of him that may or may not fit some of his more punk-like mannerisms, but he sounds like a boss in the clips I've seen.

Oct 25, 2017
Oof yeah it's pretty bad. Then again I think the dubbed MHA cast is overall awful too, so maybe dubs just aren't for me.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oof yeah it's pretty bad. Then again I think the dubbed MHA cast is overall awful too, so maybe dubs just aren't for me.

I think there are a bunch of great dubs from classics like Cowboy Bebop to more modern examples like HxH but JJK is not one of them.

Sukuna just sounds like generic raspy evil guy and Yuji isn't much better.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe that it took me until now to realize that with the explosive increase in popularity it's only a matter of time until we get some JJK games! I'm not usually a fan of the traditional anime 3d fighting games but I might make an exception for this series.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe that it took me until now to realize that with the explosive increase in popularity it's only a matter of time until we get some JJK games! I'm not usually a fan of the traditional anime 3d fighting games but I might make an exception for this series.

Nobara in Smash! I shall also accept a character action game by Platinum.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Now that I think about it, Itadori has just about the most boring power-set for a main character in an anime game. Unless Sukuna is out, all he does is punch stuff.

If we get another one of those Jump crossover fighters, they should add Fushiguro instead, since his Shikigami would make for a much more interesting character to play as.