• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Just some of the crazy Nobara faces

165515051_496373125077753_2005671205126107782_o.jpg
Find someone who looks at you the way Nobara looks at cursed spirits.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What a killer of an episode. Loved Itadori and Kugisaki working together.

Also this explains the killer fan art I saw some weeks ago

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The director of this episode knocked it out of the park, I think it was my favorite so far. Hope we see more from them.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
The director of this episode knocked it out of the park, I think it was my favorite so far. Hope we see more from them.
The only thing I didn't like was in the middle of the fight Yuji decided to turn into Sonic and skate along a mountainside horizontally with just his sneakers. And then Nobara immediately afterwards does this odd movement where she slides forward and then twirls backwards with no momentum shift. It looked kind of cool in the moment but when you go back to watch it it's pretty nonsense.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
This was basically a perfect adaptation barring one episode. One weak episode animation wise in a 24 episode "season" is still basically perfect. I just read through chapter 63 (thanks to those who informed where to read up to) to catch up to the anime. I'll make progress on the manga as the anime releases.

Regardless of people's opinion of the show there are two things that are objectively great about it.

- Animation (please keep this team together for "season 2")
- Pacing (63 chapters in 24 episodes is perfect)

At the time of this post there will be 144 chapters out according to the SJ app. Getting a bit too close for comfort and if they start this thing again too soon I think the pacing will suffer. I'm glad the film is coming first and I hope we don't see S2 until late 2022 to allow the manga more time to advance further.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This was basically a perfect adaptation barring one episode. One weak episode animation wise in a 24 episode "season" is still basically perfect. I just read through chapter 63 (thanks to those who informed where to read up to) to catch up to the anime. I'll make progress on the manga as the anime releases.

Regardless of people's opinion of the show there are two things that are objectively great about it.

- Animation (please keep this team together for "season 2")
- Pacing (63 chapters in 24 episodes is perfect)

At the time of this post there will be 144 chapters out according to the SJ app. Getting a bit too close for comfort and if they start this thing again too soon I think the pacing will suffer. I'm glad the film is coming first and I hope we don't see S2 until late 2022 to allow the manga more time to advance further.

The film is very roughly slated for Winter 2022. I wouldn't expect the second season till later that year which would be like 75 to 100 chapters worth of manga material released in that timeframe.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
The film is very roughly slated for Winter 2022. I wouldn't expect the second season till later that year which would be like 75 to 100 chapters worth of manga material released in that timeframe.
The Winter season starts in January. So not even. The movie will be out within 9 months.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Is the movie going to be going the route of Demon Slayer, where it's a canon arc from the manga translated into film form?

Or My Hero/DBZ where it's just a big ass battle that doesn't need to be watched and has no effect on the show's story?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Is the movie going to be going the route of Demon Slayer, where it's a canon arc from the manga translated into film form?

Or My Hero/DBZ where it's just a big ass battle that doesn't need to be watched and has no effect on the show's story?
It's canon. It'll be based on a prequel manga series with the same name --- Jujutsu Kaisen 0, featuring the sword user in the 2nd OP as the protagonist.
NG14loq.jpg

The manga itself came out before the main series, which is why the main series treats like the viewers already knew about the event covered in JK0.

Last edited:

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It's canon. It'll be based on a prequel manga series with the same name --- Jujutsu Kaisen 0, featuring the sword user in the 2nd OP as the protagonist. The manga itself came out before the main series, which is why the main series treats like the viewers already knew about the event covered in JK0.

Ah, okay. I remember seeing those issues up on the SJ app and went back and forth about reading those first. I'll wait and see the movie.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017

This needs to be watched. Jujutsu Kaisen is the sequel to this. It was a 4 chapter manga in a different part of Shueisha's magazines (GIGA Jump I think), but after it concluded, Weekly Jump wanted the series as part of their magazine which is what we have now.

I was speaking about when season 2 drops. That could be closer to 2023 with the movie coming out early 2022 and that would be a huge chunk of manga chaptera. Easily enough for a third season.
Ah. I see. Considering Gege says they plan to end it in two years, almost makes me wonder if the manga will end by the time season 2 ends.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This needs to be watched. Jujutsu Kaisen is the sequel to this. It was a 4 chapter manga in a different part of Shueisha's magazine, but after it concluded, Weekly Jump wanted the series as part of their magazine which is what we have no.

Ah. I see. Considering Gege says they plan to end it in two years, almost makes me wonder if the manga will end by the time season 2 ends.

Im expecting 4 seasons in total going by the rough timeline Gege mentioned.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

It is canon, but it adapts a prequel manga that was made before Jujutsu Kaisen became a series.

It is about that older student that has been mentioned before.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
The anime has ended but the love for the series still goes on 😢 I got into JJK because I saw that amazing trailer for it wayyy back then and I was like, "Wow. This looks hype. Lemme try making an OT for it". This is my second actual anime OT. My first one was the Kimetsu Demon Slayer and that was a great show too. I'm gonna still remain anime only/pure for JJK. The next time I see a trailer for an upcoming anime that I think looks hype and exciting... I'll make a OT for it or something.

Salamande

Oct 25, 2017
The anime has ended but the love for the series still goes on 😢 I got into JJK because I saw that amazing trailer for it wayyy back then and I was like, "Wow. This looks hype. Lemme try making an OT for it". This is my second actual anime OT. My first one was the Kimetsu Demon Slayer and that was a great show too. I'm gonna still remain anime only/pure for JJK. The next time I see a trailer for an upcoming anime that I think looks hype and exciting... I'll make a OT for it or something.
Chainsaw Man next?

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
great fucking episode!! Some of the physics bothered me when it came to how they moved, but otherwise A plus.

this is one of the few fights I think I prefer in animation versus the manga. They really nailed the double black flash.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
As absolutely sick as Yuji's brawl with Eso was, I genuinely don't get what propels Yuji high up in the sky after he skids off the cliff face. Feels like there could've been a kick-off or something there.

But boy am I nitpicking, that shit was sick.
Not sure if it was you, but when somebody mentioned it was al I could think of. Like they are just gliding on concrete and rubble???

hype for season 2!

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
But you don't need both is my point
Oh no, you definitely need both. Jujustu Kaisen actually makes good use of physics and characters weight to show the audience the impact of certain moves. The thing is when they get carried away with it, you then end up with the fight scene in last episode of jujustu Kaisen where characters are skating on concrete for reason whatsoever. Looks cool though.

Edit:
Again, one of the few fights I prefer the animated version of

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
started reading the manga and my god is the anime leaps and bounds better. Not just action scenes but character interactions and downtime are expanded upon as well, the juju strolls do some real heavy lifting in the first half

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Huge kakaguri vibes.
What a coincidence! LOL I was just about to say that if anybody wanna see another good Mappa show then y'all should check out Kakageuri on Netflix. I freaking love that show. I've been watching it and I'm almost done with season two. I really wanna change to a Yumeko avatar someday. She is so cool

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
started reading the manga and my god is the anime leaps and bounds better. Not just action scenes but character interactions and downtime are expanded upon as well, the juju strolls do some real heavy lifting in the first half
Low-key my fave Juju Stroll is the one with Mai and Todo visiting the idol. Such a great opportunity to add some humanity to a character that doesn't get a lot of screentime. All the Kyoto ones were good, really.

But then I remember that one with the trio at the Chinese Restaurant and I'm not sure what my fave is again...

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i can honest to God say, this is the same for me as Demon Slayer. Where the manga is good, but the anime adaptation elevates it to levels so above it's astonishing.

I said before I reached a point in the manga I really wasn't feeling it and just dropped it. It was ok and I didn't hate it, I just wasn't on the edge of my seat. The anime absolutely went leaps and bounds above the manga for me. I'm going to miss it, but knowing how I dropped the manga I don't know if I can see myself reading it again. Maybe not until it officially ends.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
The anime honestly lifts a lot from the manga 1:1, though I still prefer the manga as a whole for the narration and darker ink tone.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What a coincidence! LOL I was just about to say that if anybody wanna see another good Mappa show then y'all should check out Kakageuri on Netflix. I freaking love that show. I've been watching it and I'm almost done with season two. I really wanna change to a Yumeko avatar someday. She is so cool

My wife and I watched Season 1 last year. It's fucking nuts. The hypersexuality was a bit much for me, though, especially since everyone is high school age. Is Season 2 worth watching?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
i can honest to God say, this is the same for me as Demon Slayer. Where the manga is good, but the anime adaptation elevates it to levels so above it's astonishing.

I said before I reached a point in the manga I really wasn't feeling it and just dropped it. It was ok and I didn't hate it, I just wasn't on the edge of my seat. The anime absolutely went leaps and bounds above the manga for me. I'm going to miss it, but knowing how I dropped the manga I don't know if I can see myself reading it again. Maybe not until it officially ends.

I only started reading the manga right after the baseball episode and it was actually pretty interesting to see the alterations and edits Mappa made to the series. Many of the differences I actually think improve on the manga. Most of these are small things like adding an extra sequence to a rather straight forward fight or altercation to spice them up but there were also a lot of thoughtful changes that I think really help sell a scene a lot better.

One of the bigger examples I can think of comes from the very start of the series. When Yuji swallows the very first Sukuna finger in the manga he's standing next to Megumi while the curse is away from them though still very much an immediate threat. He just kind of agrees to eat it and swallows it like its no big deal. The anime on the other hand has Yuji fighting hard with the curse up until he eats the finger which itself is a much crazier affair with Yuji holding it between his teeth as he gets manhandled and caught up by the curse till the point he's going to get killed and about to lose hold of the finger and eats it at the very last moment after struggling to do so. I much prefer how the anime handled that moment as its a lot more tense and exciting and makes the pay off a lot more earned while also making it not seem like such a simple decision to make on Yuji's part.

Another moment that's not as big a change was from the baseball game episode when the two principles are talking and discussing how to handle Yuji and lamenting their past mistakes while watching a bunch of ants. Gojo then interrupts them by walking right in front of them and stomping on the ants while laughing like an asshole. Of course the ants are actually alive and the principles are left frustrated by him. In the manga this entire scene happens in a single panel with the ants never even being featured in the manga let alone in relation to Gojo. Its a small change that adds a lot to the scene.

I also think the humor is handled a lot better but humor on paper is a lot harder to pull off compared to animation where you can use things like timing, voice acting and the other elements of moving pictures to add that much more to a joke. However there are even small additions like all the funny chyrons during the baseball game episode which are totally absent in the manga. Those are blink and you miss them but really funny "Panda wants to punch a zebra one day"

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

My wife and I watched Season 1 last year. It's fucking nuts. The hypersexuality was a bit much for me, though, especially since everyone is high school age. Is Season 2 worth watching?
Hahaha well... season 2 for Kakageuri is still enjoyable so far. The amazing music and Yumeko going from intense to calm and calm to deadly is still there. There's still some hypersexuality there but it's nowhere as much as season one. I refuse to think they're high school students. I see them as freshmen and sophomores in college lol

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What chapter does the anime end? This is one of those series where I wanna jump right into the manga after a single season.