• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
That was a nice finale. I don't wanna wait for another season, so I might just jump on the manga now.

Also is Inumaki the only one not up for a promotion? Feels bad.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
God damn, what a finale, and what a season. The Nobara + Yuji teamup was so cool.

This damn show needs a Season 2 announcement, yesterday.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
So he's not up for promotion? Sorry I feel like I missed everyone's rank at some point.
It is not explained yet and I guess this is not really spoilers, but I'm gonna warn you just in case
Sorcerers don't get promoted to first grade straight away. They are promoted to semi-first and then they are evaluated to see if they can cut it as full-fledged first.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
It is not explained yet and I guess this is not really spoilers, but I'm gonna warn you just in case
Sorcerers don't get promoted to first grade straight away. They are promoted to semi-first and then they are evaluated to see if they can cut it as full-fledged first.

He was already recommended for promotion. Semi first grade is basically a sorcerer in the process of becoming first grade.

Okay that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I LOVED this episode and this series so much. Holy shit, amazing!!!

Man nothing like an anime making you feel happy and hyped. I'm gonna start the manga now.

EDIT: On a second thought, I think I'm gonna try to be anime-only. Read/skimmed a few manga chapters and while I know some, I'm mostly blind so by the time the anime returns I'll have forgotten most of it.

Last edited:

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Not jumping into the manga will be so hard.
I liked it a lot. Now.... What should I do with my life! Hahaha

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The animation and art in this episode was fantastic, Kugisaki having such cool moments was amazing. They really love her character and the faces she pulls and it shows lol

Was a decent finale so I'm looking forward to a season 2 even if the story is still not as good as I was hoping, the characters are just that good.

That being said the fact that they acknowledge that the characters explaining their powers in detail makes them stronger and more effective is just the dumbest shit ever lol

I was fine with that being mentioned once as an off-hand justification as to why the characters monologue all the damn time but to keep bringing it up is just silly

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The animation and art in this episode was fantastic, Kugisaki having such cool moments was amazing. They really love her character and the faces she pulls and it shows lol

Was a decent finale so I'm looking forward to a season 2 even if the story is still not as good as I was hoping, the characters are just that good.

That being said the fact that they acknowledge that the characters explaining their powers in detail makes them stronger and more effective is just the dumbest shit ever lol

I was fine with that being mentioned once as an off-hand justification as to why the characters monologue all the damn time but to keep bringing it up is just silly
It does get a little repetitive, but honestly, I'm a sucker for that kind of worldbuilding-to-justify-writing-necessities thing. Sorta like the Animus being used to explain away all the videogameness of the Assassin's Creed games. Can't really say it bothers me much, it's just so clever.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Funnily enough, Eso's explanation of their technique was what sealed their doom.

When Nobara heard the explanation, she knew it was time to share some pain around.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Finished and probably this was one of the worst episodes for me, personally I heavily disliked the entire series with the execption of how pleasant it is from a visual perspective.
I am sticking with it for the production values alone at this point, but I keep reading that "it gets better", should I try and dip into the manga?

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Nobara is a fucking goddess. I am in sheer awe. Like a wise man once said, I am afraid of how much I love her. MAPPA da GOATS did a phenomenal job and after the double shift of JJK and AOT S4, they have earned my utter devotion and a much needed break. Please, take your time with the movie and season 2. You need anything? Some hot cocoa? A comfy pillow? But seriously, theyve cemented themselves as one of my favorite studios. Now Im even more excited for Chainsaw Man. Cant wait to see what they do.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished and probably this was one of the worst episodes for me, personally I heavily disliked the entire series with the execption of how pleasant it is from a visual perspective.
I am sticking with it for the production values alone at this point, but I keep reading that "it gets better", should I try and dip into the manga?

To be blunt I'd say not to bother if you thoroughly dislike everything but the visuals.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if you didn't like it till now you probably won't. Should bail then 😛 and maybe get some better taste 👀

Edit obviously meant as a joke

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
And that Nobara didn't explain her power.
I realized how she won because of this because the dude made assumptions thinking that her power was essentially linking them and sharing thr pain

He didn't know she was just using her body as s voodo doll to damage them

If he knew he wouldn't left anything for her to use

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

I love they decided to justify chatting off your opponents ears in a fight to the death lol

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
For me as a manga reader I will tell you right now without spoiling anything it gets much much better.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The talking about your technique to your opponent giving in-universe power ups is sorta how this world works, you trade the risks of exposing stuff for gained effect. In a world where the wizard dudes gain more power through suffering and even boast about it, pilling on risks and negatives are rewarded through this cursed energy. Unlike most of Jojo stand abilities where knowing the trick will lose you the fight, the world acts like a game and gives out advantages to even the odds. It makes for good justifications and you've seen how people can use deception to cause a misunderstanding of someone's abilites to great effect.

In general i love that characters can have the completly wrong assumption about stuff and be proven wrong.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The talking about your technique to your opponent giving in-universe power ups is sorta how this world works, you trade the risks of exposing stuff for gained effect. In a world where the wizard dudes gain more power through suffering and even boast about it, pilling on risks and negatives are rewarded through this cursed energy. Unlike most of Jojo stand abilities where knowing the trick will lose you the fight, the world acts like a game and gives out advantages to even the odds. It makes for good justifications and you've seen how people can use deception to cause a misunderstanding of someone's abilites to great effect.

In general i love that characters can have the completly wrong assumption about stuff and be proven wrong.
Also the Togashi influence

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The manga was so good, I was hooked and caught up (130+ chapters at the time) in about 3 days. Can't recommend enough

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
THAT was a near perfect episode.
Not sure why it resonated (heh) so much with me, but that's probably the first undisputed A+/S I'd give to an episode of this show. There was earned emotion, incredible animation, actual stakes, really good direction. Loved it.

The show definitely improved in the back half, so I'm hoping it'll be a definite A tier show by next season judging by how excited Manga readers are.

My biggest complaints so far is that Itadori is a very uninteresting Gary Stu protagonist and the story felt lacking as Sakuna, the most interesting part of the story, was absent for, like...... 95% of the show suddenly. The pacing while improved in the back half still feels rushed.

I'm starting to like the characters more, but I need more genuine, unforced interactions between them (like the teamup and talking in the woods this episode).

I give season 1 a high C or low B score.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I see people both recommending and not recommending to try and read it lol
Let'd do it like this, if you tell me the number of chapters for the next arc I'll try and read only that, if I like it I'll keep on reading, if not I'll wait for the anime and just enjoy some sakuga.

As a non-native English speaker I had to go and check the meaning lol
But yeah I get, I don't want to go into details as people are super psyched about it, and rightfully so, and I don't want to rain on people's parade.
Let's just say I don't like any dialogue in the show, the characters and how they behave, and all that jazz. And don't get me started on this week's discount Jojo aesthetic for the villain lol
Still, a joy to watch animated, and the music during the Yuuji/Nobara's scene was so kickass.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see people both recommending and not recommending to try and read it lol
Let'd do it like this, if you tell me the number of chapters for the next arc I'll try and read only that, if I like it I'll keep on reading, if not I'll wait for the anime and just enjoy some sakuga.

But yeah I get, I don't want to go into details as people are super psyched about it, and rightfully so, and I don't want to rain on people's parade.
Let's just say I don't like any dialogue in the show, the characters and how they behave, and all that jazz. And don't get me started on this week's discount Jojo aesthetic for the villain lol
Still, a joy to watch animated, and the music during the Yuuji/Nobara's scene was so kickass.

I don't think anything in the later parts of the manga is gonna change your mind on the characters or dialogue. It certainly escalates and gets better but it's still the same series at heart.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still, a joy to watch animated, and the music during the Yuuji/Nobara's scene was so kickass

Oh I'm not saying you gotta like the series, I get it, just surprised that you viewed it as one of the worst episodes when there's 24 to pick from, cuz like you said, the animation and what not was still on point

convo

Oct 25, 2017
As fast as the series goes with the action, i don't think the values of the characters are compromised because we don't have multiple episodes of characters talking philosophy. This episode had a lot of explanations that needed to be there, it was necessary but i can get it feeling like a drag sometimes. We haven't reached HxH levels of walls of texts and i hardly believe it will get that complex. I can see people guessing at what the point of it all is and i personally wasn't disappointed, a lot character development happens in fights and talking has to be quick in these situations but the talk Nobara and Yuji had about killing people was one of those nice moments the characters share.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As fast as the series goes with the action, i don't think the values of the characters are compromised because we don't have multiple episodes of characters talking philosophy. This episode had a lot of explanations that needed to be there, it was necessary but i can get it feeling like a drag sometimes. We haven't reached HxH levels of walls of texts and i hardly believe it will get that complex. I can see people guessing at what the point of it all is and i personally wasn't disappointed, a lot character development happens in fights and talking has to be quick in these situations but the talk Nobara and Yuji had about killing people was one of those nice moments the characters share.

The show almost has the opposite way of handling info and exposition. Its incredibly sparse and abrupt even if it is taking place during chaotic and frantic parts like the middle of an all out brawl. Instead of repeating ideas over and over or just slightly elaborating on them a bit more each time we basically get told once, maybe twice and then the series just kind of expects you to remember.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The show almost has the opposite way of handling info and exposition. Its incredibly sparse and abrupt even if it is taking place during chaotic and frantic parts like the middle of an all out brawl. Instead of repeating ideas over and over or just slightly elaborating on them a bit more each time we basically get told once, maybe twice and then the series just kind of expects you to remember.
We got characters like Gojo and Nanami just straight up talking shit about Jujutsu society with only glimpses at how the higher ups do stuff, i like how very high profile characters question the state of the world very early on.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just some of the crazy Nobara faces

165515051_496373125077753_2005671205126107782_o.jpg