• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The one complaint I have with the fight is that the way they drew Megumi and his doggo at the end there doesn't make it clear enough that they came out of the Curse's shadow

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
They don't even draw the curse's shadow in the frames before.
Yeah, I can see that being fixed in the BD release or whatever.

So yeah, in case anyone reading this didn't get how the curse got blindsided at the end there, they came out of his shadow and the Domain Expansion, which enables Megumi to do things like this, was still going after the curse blew the shadow gunk away.

Other than that, they did that scene justice.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
That Juju Stroll was fucking hilarious, but can someone explain why the entire gang would be trying to stop Megumi from being hit on?

I think everyone in the group just loves teasing him.

Plus I imagine there's a host of other reasons.

Nobara's really vain so Megumi showing romantic interest in someone else other than her means she's losing to another girl and her self-perceived superiority can't have that.

Itadori is insecure that Megumi willl stop hanging with him if he has a girlfriend that he enjoys more.

And Gojo is trolling.

Maybe they're all a little possessive of him too.

"mai precious broody boy"

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Plus Nobara's really vain so Megumi showing romantic interest in someone else other than her means she's losing to another girl
I know this probably isn't what you mean, but just to be sure, I don't think she into either of them romantically.

Maybe they're all a little possessive of him too.

"mai precious broody boy"
Probably this, plus teasing.

This shit was planned out and premeditated too.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I know this probably isn't what you mean, but just to be sure, I don't think she into either of them romantically.

I know. I'm just saying in her mind, everyone has to find her hot and be interested in her regardless of whether she's interested in them or not. That's the read that I get off of her.

But I'm gonna start shipping them as an OT3 (as a result of the Jujutsu Stroll) even if I'm good with them all just being besties:

Ew3mXu_W8AYhTo7

Edit: Don't take me to horny jail, guys, but I just noticed that Itadori has his hand on Megumi's ass and Nobara's wrapping Megumi between her legs in this picture.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Greaaaat ep. I liked the way they did Chimera Shadow Garden - it's going to look *very* cool when it's complete. They did mess up the very end of the fight but c'est la vie. Next ep is gonna be hype.

And yes, the Juju Stroll was incredible.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I feel like the subs were a bit misleading in places.

Gojo doesn't tell Megumi that he has as much potential as Yuji, he actually tells him that his potential exceeds that of Yuji. Unless, of course, it is the manga translation I read that was wrong.

Also the first half of the flashback dialogue about his father almost made it seem like his dad had some semi-noble intentions or something, although the later lines clarify that his dad sold him to the clan. Should've used "bargaining chip" instead of "trump card", even if the latter is more direct translation.

Between this and the shadow complaint, I must be sounding real nitpick-y lol

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Gojo doesn't tell Megumi that he has as much potential as Yuji, he actually tells him that his potential exceeds that of Yuji. Unless, of course, it is the manga translation I read that was wrong.

Also the first half of the flashback dialogue about his father almost made it seem like his dad had some semi-noble intentions or something, although the later lines clarify that his dad sold him to the clan. Should've used "bargaining chip" instead of "trump card", even if the latter is more direct translation.

Nah you are correct he says he has the potential to possibly exceed him.

EoHq8R4XMAAayxO.png

Also GOD DAMN are Jujutsu Kaisen fans THIRSTY AS FUCK. Everytime a TAG comes up for the show on twitter holy moly people go nuts anytime Megumi/Gojo even Yuji is featured heavily.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really good episode. Really cool to see Megumi cut loose and I love that his Domain is basically a shoggoth.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

EoHq8R4XMAAayxO.png

Also GOD DAMN are Jujutsu Kaisen fans THIRSTY AS FUCK. Everytime a TAG comes up for the show on twitter holy moly people go nuts anytime Megumi/Gojo even Yuji is featured heavily.

This is a mistranslation, this manga is CURSED with bad translations.

nanami-says.tumblr.com

Part V (2/3): chapters 58~60

Chapter 58 [About Sukuna’s fingers resonating with one another] "The ones that possess an immense presence. The ones that are hiding. The ones that are already taken in by cursed spirits." ⇒ "1) The...
Greaaaat ep. I liked the way they did Chimera Shadow Garden - it's going to look *very* cool when it's complete. They did mess up the very end of the fight but c'est la vie. Next ep is gonna be hype.

And yes, the Juju Stroll was incredible.
They also didn't include Megumi surfing on the frogs :(

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody in here gonna talk about how they censored all of that man service? Just realized the "don't see my back" thing is a Jojo's reference.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Yo my boy Megumi finally wot a win! That dumb Juju scroll is my favorite one so far.

wunsubdee

Mar 6, 2021
Kinda bummed they didn't show megumi surfing on the shadowfrogs and his utilization of shadows was shown more clearly in the manga, but those are just minor nitpicks, overall episode was great as always

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Ayyy Megumi with the DUB for once. Really great animation too and the backstory was nice.

I AM a bit tired of the constant stomps in this show though. Need some more evenly matched fights. Hopefully next week's episode provides that.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I know. I'm just saying in her mind, everyone has to find her hot and be interested in her regardless of whether she's interested in them or not. That's the read that I get off of her.

But I'm gonna start shipping them as an OT3 (as a result of the Jujutsu Stroll) even if I'm good with them all just being besties:

Ew3mXu_W8AYhTo7

Edit: Don't take me to horny jail, guys, but I just noticed that Itadori has his hand on Megumi's ass and Nobara's wrapping Megumi between her legs in this picture.

I mean, if you wanna go shipping, the most shippable combination is right there

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017

Tbf that's bound to happen

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017

EoHq8R4XMAAayxO.png

Juding how many fanart (male) characters who haven't appeared in the anime yet get, this is going to get even "worse" lol

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
That Juju Stroll tho. Yuji, Nobara and Gojo really out here sharing one brain cell and i'm here for it. I love JJK and I would still watch a show only about Megumi and his three idiots.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Really liked this song during the Todi &Yuii VS Hanami fight in episode 20 and this cover is pretty damn good. Can't walt for the full musical score to drop in April to get the offical version.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I appreciate how the show and the manga have managed to keep Domain Expansions as this big deal, to the point where Megumi busting one out is a super-hype moment that instantly lets you know that his potential is legit.

I hope Jujutsu Kaisen never gets to the point where every jobber has a Domain Expansion and that it never gets devalued.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate how the show and the manga have managed to keep Domain Expansions as this big deal, to the point where Megumi busting one out is a super-hype moment that instantly lets you know that his potential is legit.

I hope Jujutsu Kaisen never gets to the point where every jobber has a Domain Expansion and that it never gets devalued.
Only human so far who could do it is Gojo
Nanami couldn't even do it

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With how long it takes to get to the opening in some of these later episodes I feel the finale of season should just push it back till its playing right before the credits.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That "Cheap Trick" looking JoJo dude was great. One of the more flamboyant, buffer, prettier, male characters we've seen in this too.

I want to see the actual fight scene with him lol.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
BTW, here's a cool fact from a databook that can be shared with the anime watchers.

The author said if Jogo (the volcano cyclops) were to be hit with as many Black Flashes as Hanami (the plant monster) was in that previous arc, he'd straight up die. Hanami seems to be the tankiest curse. However, the author also said that Jogo wouldn't be hit in the first place.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
BTW, here's a cool fact from a databook that can be shared with the anime watchers.

The author said if Jogo (the volcano cyclops) were to be hit with as many Black Flashes as Hanami (the plant monster) was in that previous arc, he'd straight up die. Hanami seems to be the tankiest curse. However, the author also said that Jogo wouldn't be hit in the first place.

Makes sense, between Joho's combustion power and Jogo also probably would have used his domain earlier. Hanami was enjoying the fight until she got started to really get her ass kicked.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Yeah, I can see that being fixed in the BD release or whatever.

So yeah, in case anyone reading this didn't get how the curse got blindsided at the end there, they came out of his shadow and the Domain Expansion, which enables Megumi to do things like this, was still going after the curse blew the shadow gunk away.

Other than that, they did that scene justice.
What's this about a shadow?
They still come out of the curse's shadow at the end there, it wasn't changed, it's just that the way it is drawn doesn't make it clear enough.

Manga panel, for reference

latest

Jun 22, 2019
Megumi's fight wasn't bad... but I still feel like the manga version was so much better. In general this adaptation has been good, but I think Maki vs Miwa was the only fight in the whole season where I felt the anime version surpassed (or matched the experience of) the manga.

And that's ignoring the fuck-up with attacking from the shadow.