• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
jujutsu-kaisen-aoi-todo-boogie-woogie-cursed-technique-anime-1258531-1280x0.jpeg

Tōdō be like

3435ae0f39174a608c38c46ce2ff59b7.jpg

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Gojo himself mentioned students who can be on par or even supass him eventually, but there are also internal conflicts of interest like the higher ups wanting to kill Yuji. There are still things to be layed out.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually thing the tension and stakes are still pretty damn good even with Gojo around ready to swoop in and fuck everyone's day up. Most of the Students are not Todo or Yuji and even then its possible for the really impressive students to get their asses handed to them. Hanami basically solo'ed nearly every remaining full strength student left on the battleground and was well on its way to killing several of them before Todo and Yuji showed up

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the musical score to season 1 to get released. So many good songs in this episode alone from the funky vocal track during the two on one brawl with Hanami to the pumping track that goes along to Gojo's Purple.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
So I watched a Youtube reaction to this episode and when Gojo said "where should I start?" the reactor is like "you could start with meee~"

LOL

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
If Gojo were secretly evil like some here speculated then there would be no way for the current good guys to win O_O no one can oppose him.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the musical score to season 1 to get released. So many good songs in this episode alone from the funky vocal track during the two on one brawl with Hanami to the pumping track that goes along to Gojo's Purple.

Yeah the soundtrack is killer, big fan of this little bop when Mahito learns his domain.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Also you kinda need someone like Gojo around, because the alternative of "no Gojo" in the event of a full powered Sukuna overpowering Yuji is kind of a "oh everyone is fucked" deal.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone brought up stakes earlier and compared it to MHA, I do agree with the similarities.

Right now I don't really feel like anyone is in real danger. I mean, the fight with the tree lady should've challenged the hell out of the main character but he pretty much kicked the shit outta her. Then Gojo shows up and starts one shotting dudes.

I am enjoying the show a whole bunch but there doesn't seem to be a lot of stakes right now, be it from a mortality or emotional point of view.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the show's already made a point of saying that in spite of Gojo's power, there's still things he can't do. He can't be in multiple places at once - if somebody suckerpunches the students when he's not there, there's not much he can do. That's sort of the whole point of the prison arc - Gojo would've absolutely rolled that curse, but the students got sent in by themselves and Yuji fuckin' died. And even if he is there, not all problems can be punched to death. He wants to shake up the Shaman status quo, but can't. So there's still stories to be told there.

And again, what you're buying with these kinds of limitations are some SUPER cool moments and worldbuilding.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Reached episode 17 today. I suppose there are 2 different storylines here that might come together in the end: The relationship with the Kyoto students and the war against the intelligent curses.
Also, I already miss the 1st ending 🥺

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not worried about Gojo atm. The show is at the point where everything is still being "established" I feel like, so I assume it's intentional that we feel like he can just easily wreck shop when he drops in.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gege did an interview and mentioned that Todo was inspired by Kenpachi from Bleach and Geto's character was influenced by Sensui from YYH. It's apparently full of manga spoilers so be careful if you look it up. I just got some basic highlights.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Gojo hmm, I'm worried for him now. Something is going to happen where he's not in the picture anymore or his powers get inhibited...or something! The man is just hax.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they handle Gojo like

Julius was handled. They didn't kill him but he's out of the way allowing for other characters to grow.

Big Goods are the best. They give the story so much more range than just hyping teenagers up.

Last edited:

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Two things:

1) Gojo's going to die right? He's way too powerful and this looks like it's setting up the "master dies so protoge can step up" thing.

2) Maki is best girl.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Geto seems pretty confident that the Prison Realm cursed object should be enough to sideline Gojo and Geto so far seems to be the man with the plan though that does make me a bit confused as to who the "boss" of the curses is. I'd assume Mahito but he's so young so I'm not exactly sure if its him or a curse we haven't met yet.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I also think Gojou's weakness will end up being his respect and care for Yuji as a student.

He'll probably sacrifice himself to save Yuji and his other students. (not with his life, but putting himself in the seal)

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Domains are from Chapter Black and you can't convince me otherwise.

I only read an article that was talking about a few highlights but its super spoilery from the sounds of it though some are debating the translations so far which may have lead to some incorrect info getting out there.

What isn't in question...

pkbltgufogk61.jpg

JJK in good company.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Tried watching Ep 18 on CR and it just won't load. Is it because everyone's trying to stream this series? Tried streaming DBS and Bleach and they worked flawlessly. I'm watching on my PS5 btw since my TV doesn't have the CR app, but I don't think it's a problem with the system.
Edit: Just tried on my phone and it's buffering too lol, guess this series popularity is too strong for its own good on CR 😂

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Tried watching Ep 18 on CR and it just won't load. Is it because everyone's trying to stream this series? Tried streaming DBS and Bleach and they worked flawlessly. I'm watching on my PS5 btw since my TV doesn't have the CR app, but I don't think it's a problem with the system.
Edit: Just tried on my phone and it's buffering too lol, guess this series popularity is too strong for its own good on CR 😂
seems fine on my end.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
My partner was trying to watch a few hours ago and it was buffer city, she gave up for the night.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I love that anime people are finally seeing the awesomeness of Todo!

Still remember when he first showed up people were like "dude is a fucking jerk" lol

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida

It must be a crunchy issue, because I was trying to watch the last episode of season one of Re-:Zero an hour or so ago and it was constantly buffering and pausing on me.