• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Did Megumi pull that root thingy out of his abdomen? I know he was about toand then stopped because Maki shouted, but in the last shot of him before being carried away by Panda, I didn't see it anymore.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
What's this explanation about the black punch thing? I didnt understand any of that

Looks like doing that "unlocked" his curse energy

Jun 22, 2019
Subs had mistakes I'm pretty sure.
Black Flash is in a millionth of a second, and magnifies power exponentially (^2.5 not *2.5).

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
So, just like in the past when episode 5 in anime tended to be a fanservice (or beach) episode, now episode 19 is when studios go full sakuga?.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
So, just like in the past when episode 5 in anime tended to be a fanservice (or beach) episode, now episode 19 is when studios go full sakuga?.
I say it would take another example to make it a trend. But boy do i love that anime adaptations don't have to be weekly death marches of filler and dead air like the times of the big three. A good schedule more than budget can determine the quality of a show, it helps that talent will flock towards wanting to animate for cool scenes.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
This episode helped for me put Kaisen on another level. Before it was an okay anime which I would watch weekly like Dr. Stone but nothing too special.
Now I am being hyped :)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
If you are fighting Inumaki can you just cover your ears?
Well basically yeah but with cursed energy Kamo told his team to use curse energy to protect their ears and considering Momo the witch girl it allows them to still hear but protects them from Inumaki power

Keep in mind Hanami wouldn't know to do that since they don't Inumaki while Kamo does

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also remember how Nanami was saved from being one shotted by Mahito power because he knew the shape of his soul and instinctively protected his soul

Considering that landing a black flash basically gives an increase understanding of your cursed energy in a way and they implied in Todo explanation Nanami and Gojo have done it before i guess we know how Nanami was lucky

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
So something that never became clear to me.

Megumi has a secret mega duper hyper powerful invocation/power that gave Sukuna a Hisoka-Gon like motivation?

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017

Megumi has a secret mega duper hyper powerful invocation/power that gave Sukuna a Hisoka-Gon like motivation?
More or less. Sakuna saw something in their fight. Clearly the show wants us to see what Megumi's big super-cool move is, but every time he's about to get his moment, someone comes in and saves the day. If they're hyping it up like this, it better be something super broken.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Basically yeah
He has one technique/power powerful enough even Sukuna the strongest curse spirit in the world interest that anime keeps blueballing us because he keeps having been forced to get serious before being stopped first when he's fighting Sukuna inside itadori before he decides to talk no jutsu, it's implied he would have used it against Todo before Panda and Inamuki stopped the fight and then against Hanami, Inamuki decided to try to Hanami with last of his strength

It's coming
That reveal

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Hmm action was a little hard to follow during the Itadori-Todou portion of the fight, but up until then the animation/action was sick.

Hopefully the next episode is even better if the curse is about to go all-out.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Hanami supposed to be a reference to Zetsu reference from Naruto what with the black and white plant user that has a weird manner of speaking?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Not really sure why I'm digging this anime but I'm still in. I bounced off Demon Slayer hard and this has all the usual tropes of a high school combat anime, tournament arc and all. I think it not having annoying cast members across the board is whats keeping me going lol. Aside from the usual "oooo I'm the crazy bad guy~ woooooooo" stitched up guy who is just so generic, I'm having fun with it for some reason.

Also I love the plant demon's design. It's like an alternate skin for Yoshimitsu or something haha.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Not really sure why I'm digging this anime but I'm still in. I bounced off Demon Slayer hard and this has all the usual tropes of a high school combat anime, tournament arc and all. I think it not having annoying cast members across the board is whats keeping me going lol. Aside from the usual "oooo I'm the crazy bad guy~ woooooooo" stitched up guy who is just so generic, I'm having fun with it for some reason.

Also I love the plant demon's design. It's like an alternate skin for Yoshimitsu or something haha.

I thought that guy was generic until he kept living and kept making me hate him more and more

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This part was just Disney's Tarzan.

latest

latest

Hmmm...

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I'm like that certain staples of a shonen type anime are mostly vacant. The animation is sublime to boot.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually surprised they didn't make Gojo a perverted sensei type considering he hits nearly all the checkboxes for the other aspects of similar characters. Maybe rocking grandpa is a perv like Roshi.
If Gojo was a pervert the fanbase would do an entire 180 on him (for good reason). He'd lose like...50% of his fans.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised they didn't make Gojo a perverted sensei type considering he hits nearly all the checkboxes for the other aspects of similar characters. Maybe rocking grandpa is a perv like Roshi.
I don't think Kakashi was the creep in Naruto, and Gojo wants to dismantle the current state of jujutsu society which are decidedly sexist like patriarchal japanese families.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's because my boy's shiny~~

Agreed on wanting more slice-of-life stuff with the cast. The characters feel like they've got great chemistry, but it's all so frantic.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018
Fantastic episode Toudou and Yuuji are the best duo and they just met lol

When the demon revealed their arm, I got Chad from Bleach vibes