• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
If there is one criticism I give the anime it's that it really doesn't capture the artstyle that well imo. The manga has a more gritty feeling when it comes to the art while the anime feels a bit sterile.

Still I do enjoy the anime and view it as extra content and the omakes are the greatest thing ever because we get even more character interactions.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
-
If there is one criticism I give the anime it's that it really doesn't capture the artstyle that well imo. The manga has a more gritty feeling when it comes to the art while the anime feels a bit sterile.

Still I do enjoy the anime and view it as extra content and the omakes are the greatest thing ever because we get even more character interactions.
Yeah it's not nearly as gritty and scratchy as the manga.

Todo looks especially bad in anime form. The upcoming ep seems to have fixed it for a scene at least, he doesn't look like he's constantly oiled up

16-6.jpg

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

Todo looks especially bad in anime form. The upcoming ep seems to have fixed it for a scene at least, he doesn't look like he's constantly oiled up

16-6.jpg

Kinda funny since the art was looking nice for Todo during the dream sequence lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

16-6.jpg
Todo really looks too clean and smooth
He also is more oily than Dwayne Johnson lol

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
the first few episodes were great but now its like its trying to be as generic as possible. its like these guys (manga writers) have a good premise and ideas and then mail it in with battle arcs and really bad writing

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta admit while I enjoyed the last couple of episodes I'm not loving this arc. Its is weirdly paced though I guess its a given issue with having to introduce all these characters at the same time. I will say I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the rap/rock stuff they keep inserting into scenes. It rarely works for me and just kind of distracts from the actual fights.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The entire beginning sequence is so weird to me for some reason, but the Panda/Mechamaru fight was great. I think I'm getting spoiled by the animation here, every fight looks fantastic. There's a couple of really simple tricks I'm surprised I haven't seen more elsewhere, like the "pull out to justify lower detail so we can focus on high-quality establishing animation" moments.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the rock with lyrics, the stakes aren't so high right now so they aren't ruining an important moment or anything, it's alright in this context for now.
In today's episode:

DreamRunner

Banned
Sep 14, 2020
I feel like the show is missing something, like it could be way better than it is atm.Is the manga better than the anime?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the show is missing something, like it could be way better than it is atm.Is the manga better than the anime?
The content that's adapted so far has not been misrepresented i don't think. Maybe some people think Toudou is looking too greasy or sweaty right now? I mean he is fighting so i dunno. Some narration from the manga is not in the anime at the behest of the mangaka and so far it hasn't been a detriment. Stuff is going to happen naturally and the girls time next week is a big highlight. You get to know stuff as things progress and i only see things getting more exciting.
I am just curious how far the rest of the season will go.
The way the latest arc in the manga is going, there'll be plenty of good stuff for future seasons too.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Compare the character designs in the opening with the stuff you see in the actual series and it's such a stark difference. Probably one of the worst manga to anime character design changes I've seen in a while. The manga has a completely different feel with its gritty and dirty art. The anime is way too clean and generic looking. Glad more people seem to start noticing.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018

I feel the same way. But my problem is the pacing. People have mentioned it's "brisk", but I feel like it's more *rushed* than brisk.

The plot is cool, the characters are fun, the animation is great, I literally have no other faults.... but the pacing moves this show from A tier to low C tier.

Basically the show feels like an excuse for cool looking fights than an actual show. Like they speed through character development, tension building, etc. just so they can get to the next cool sequence or big fight.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The show except for that small "every Shounen needs a tournament arc somehow" arc here has almost the same arc pacing as Bleach. It's just building things up I guess.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see what the third mode is for Panda, maybe an Elephant, that would be a cool animal.

Jun 22, 2019
After decades of glacial-paced shounen, I guess I shouldn't be surprised people are finding the pacing too fast. (That being said, the pacing style of this series is a bit atypical in the manga as well, but I enjoy it for a change.)

The manga has a completely different feel with its gritty and dirty art. The anime is way too clean and generic looking. Glad more people seem to start noticing.

I don't necessarily think it was a bad creative choice with JJK. The style they went with works. (I do far prefer the manga's aesthetic, but that's my default preference for most manga-anime adaptations anyway.) I do wish the show always looked like how Mahito looked in his big fight though.

My real fear is the Chainsaw Man adaptation though. I'm okay with it looking like that Mahito aesthetic from ep13 that I just mentioned, but if the studio goes for something other than that, it better be scritchy as hell. I think JJK works okay with the sleek shounen aesthetic in anime form, but I think a major component of Chainsaw Man would be lost if they don't really go out of their way to achieve a unique(and preferably scratchy) look.

Last edited:

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
After decades of glacial-paced shounen, I guess I shouldn't be surprised people are finding the pacing too fast. (That being said, the pacing style of this series is a bit atypical in the manga as well, but I enjoy it for a change.)

I don't necessarily think it was a bad creative choice with JJK. The style they went with works. (I do far prefer the manga's aesthetic, but that's my default preference for most manga-anime adaptations anyway.) I do wish the show always looked like how Mahito looked in his big fight though.

My real fear is the Chainsaw Man adaptation though. I'm okay with it looking like that Mahito aesthetic from ep12(?) that I just mentioned, but if the studio goes for something other than that, it better be scritchy as hell. I think JJK works okay with the sleek shounen aesthetic in anime form, but I think a major component of Chainsaw Man would be lost if they don't really go out of their way to achieve a unique(and preferably scratchy) look.
I think you mean the episode with Hironori Tanaka as the episode director, right? Which would be episode 13. And yes I fully agree, that was how I expected the general style of the anime to look like. Beautiful episode. Outside of a few actions scenes here and there I didn't like the visual direction of this show at all.

If Chainsaw Man looks like this I'm gonna cry.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I knew there'd be panda, but I did not expect monke

Seriously though, while reasonably fun, this arc hasn't been that enthralling so far. Typical shounen one-on-ones so that the supporting cast gets to show off their powersets together with their sad backstories. Feels like I've sat through this kind of thing a million times before.

Doesn't help that, while competent, the animation hasn't been hitting the sakuga highs of the last cour. I do expect that to change soon though.

Last edited:

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I think my only complaint would be that I wish I could binge the rest of the season. I'm always surprised when the ending theme starts. Watching week to week didn't bother me with the first half.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think the art style has taken a little change going into the school battle arc. Feels a little simpler and cleaner than the first half. Perhaps to better assist the animators with the non stop fights.

I think my only complaint would be that I wish I could binge the rest of the season. I'm always surprised when the ending theme starts. Watching week to week didn't bother me with the first half.

I imagine binge watching this entire section without waiting will be a better experience.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Brah they actually did the beginning scene with Todou complete justice and he even looks cleaner. Shit the music and everything fit so incredibly well especially the part where you see both Todou and Yuji look like they are about to dance.

The panda and mechamaru fight was great.
Shit seeing more of Mechamaru as well as his omake special at the end kinda makes me sad for his future in the anime. Shit sucks that Mahito got plot armor.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Caught up to latest ep.

OP 2 is great
ED 1 is still the best

Gojou remains the greatest character in this show
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Panda vs. Mechamaru was great, but next ep. is Maki's fight and I am looking forward to that.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brah they actually did the beginning scene with Todou complete justice and he even looks cleaner. Shit the music and everything fit so incredibly well especially the part where you see both Todou and Yuji look like they are about to dance.

The panda and mechamaru fight was great.

May be better to keep manga spoilers limited to changes from the anime, if anything?

Maybe other people aren't as silly as me, but I clicked because I thought it was just context given to what we had already seen.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
0hA8kQ.jpg

One of the best adapted scenes from the manga. Todou the GOAT.

May be better to keep manga spoilers limited to changes from the anime, if anything?

Maybe other people aren't as silly as me, but I clicked because I thought it was just context given to what we had already seen.

Damn sorry for that didn't expect anyone that hasn't read the manga to click it. I will try to do that less or be more specific in my spoilers.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I love Panda and if anything happens to him then I will be quite upset.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Panda is awesome. Do you think there's death flags around him or something? I definitely think there's death flags around the cool speech guy who always says food stuff. I really wanna hear his backstory but I fear that he's doomed lol

I'm the same with food guy, which would suck cause he seems awesome. Panda is super smart, caring and observant. That's prime self sacrifice material.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the first public interview with Gege, don't feel like typing it out so click on the pics.

Aly Mediking no one is safe according to it.

unknown.png

unknown.png

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the first public interview with Gege, don't feel like typing it out so click on the pics.

Aly Mediking no one is safe according to it.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Not the most enlightening interview outside of a couple tidbits but I had to raise my eyebrow at Gege not sexing up Nobara because his parent's were watching. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'm just imagining this dude working on his manga in his childhood bedroom as his mother yells for him to come down for dinner.