• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
rugrnjd69e761.png

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sukuna not giving a damn and letting Yuji twist in the wind until he thinks he's being disrespected is PEAK Sukuna. God, what a moment.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That episode was all the assurance I could need to be sure that Chainsaw Man is going to turn out great. Well, that and Dorohedoro, but damn, Mappa is bringing the goods with this adaptation

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting so hyped for the second cour. I really hope they go all out with animation for the second cour since there are definitely a lot more fights.

Next year is gonna be great for me with all the anime that's coming out. To top it all off if they announce a new season of Kimetsu imma be in complete happiness.

Edit: also that moment at the end of the episode where Yuji says "I will never lose" is a beautiful moment for his character.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting so hyped for the second cour. I really hope they go all out with animation for the second cour since there are definitely a lot more fights.

Next year is gonna be great for me with all the anime that's coming out. To top it all off if they announce a new season of Kimetsu imma be in complete happiness.

Edit: also that moment at the end of the episode where Yuji says "I will never lose" is a beautiful moment for his character.
Yeah the next 13 eps are gonna be phenomenal. Gonna make anime fans go "MHA school festival arc who?" Lol

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants a really short preview of each of the new characters from the sister Jujutsu tech school with some small samples of the voice acting here you go

One girl looking like she's out of Harry Potter and one guy is... a cyborg?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to wait till season 1 is finished before I debate diving into the manga. I'll probably give in and burn through the manga in a single night but the anime has been more such a quality experience for me to stick with it week to week.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Last portion of the season gave me hope with Endeavor tho. It felt like production got hit because they were juggling between the movie and the anime season.

What's weird is that even the first arc of that season should've been pretty cool in theory, but it just had the weirdest pacing....

Still loved the climax of the arc though.

but I think it's unfair/quick-to-judge to compare a show in its first season to a show 90 or whatever episodes in.

JJK has potential for me definitely, but they gotta make me start giving a shit about the characters for it to reach the top tier of anime.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
What's weird is that even the first arc of that season should've been pretty cool in theory, but it just had the weirdest pacing....

Still loved the climax of the arc though.

but I think it's unfair/quick-to-judge to compare a show in its first season to a show 90 or whatever episodes in.

JJK has potential for me definitely, but they gotta make me start giving a shit about the characters for it to reach the top tier of anime.

Having read the manga it does a good job so far. However, like most Shonen Jump manga the beginning will always be the weakest.

That's what happens when you are in Jump magazine because it's really competitive and cutthroat so you gotta rush things.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
It's gonna be great and I just hope Mappa doesn't fall off because sometimes their production falls off in the second half. I hope this won't be the case.
The show/manga is getting really really popular in Japan that I don't see Mappa neglecting it. It has a chance to make them a lot of money.

Personally, I found the characters in this series extremely likable compared to most shonen. There hasn't been a character I've disliked or found all that annoying. And the ones that were supposed to be like that, it was intentional.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I think the biggest problem with the cast is that we've barely seen anyone after their introductions.

Like everyone got an episode or two and that's it. After Itadori faked his death everyone else got sidelined.

I'm sure we'll get more of them in the future but I understand where the sentiment comes from.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If anyone wants a really short preview of each of the new characters from the sister Jujutsu tech school with some small samples of the voice acting here you go

One girl looking like she's out of Harry Potter and one guy is... a cyborg?

Is that the new song ofr the OP?

Btw, Anyone notice that itadori was crying at the end of the Opening?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Cursed energy does remind me of Nen in that it can be used in a variety of ways including enhancing the users natural abilities, turned into powerful attacks of all sorts or even totally separate entities. Seems its also able to be infused into random objects to increase their stats in some manner like how we saw Nanami punching the wall and infusing all the falling rubble with cursed energy for extra damage. I'm guessing the same applies to a gun and the bullets it would be firing.
Just found this interview he did with a German website. The excerpt:

Interviewer: "In the manga, the characters are involved in magical battles. The fact that each of them has individual abilities is reminiscent of HxH, isn't it?"

Gege: "The special abilities that Yoshihiro Togashi introduced in HxH are pretty much perfect, so I almost had no choice but to address fights that reject emotional arguments. But in Daisuke Ashihara's World Trigger, the characters have weapons of the same type, and so he developed his own style that was different from Togashi's. My magic is essentially based on the rules created by Togashi, but just like Ashihara, I'm in the process of finding and establishing my own style."

--

Not exactly sure what he meant with the rejecting emotional arguments bit (machine translation).

And yes, check out WT too.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just found this interview he did with a German website. The excerpt:

Interviewer: "In the manga, the characters are involved in magical battles. The fact that each of them has individual abilities is reminiscent of HxH, isn't it?"

Gege: "The special abilities that Yoshihiro Togashi introduced in HxH are pretty much perfect, so I almost had no choice but to address fights that reject emotional arguments. But in Daisuke Ashihara's World Trigger, the characters have weapons of the same type, and so he developed his own style that was different from Togashi's. My magic is essentially based on the rules created by Togashi, but just like Ashihara, I'm in the process of finding and establishing my own style."

--

Not exactly sure what he meant with the rejecting emotional arguments bit (machine translation).

And yes, check out WT too.

Damn Gege really likes Togashi's work not that I can't relate with that. Did they ever work together in the past?

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Seen many WT suggestions, is the anime adaptation good or should I go straight for the manga?

Also I'll be honest, I'm pretty bored with JJK. It's perfectly fine, good and fun to watch even, but until now I haven't seen anything that I haven't felt or seen in previous similar shonen mangas. Feels like KnY and early MHA in that aspect, I'll definitely keep watching, but I hope something changes down the road.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Seen many WT suggestions, is the anime adaptation good or should I go straight for the manga?

Also I'll be honest, I'm pretty bored with JJK. It's perfectly fine, good and fun to watch even, but until now I haven't seen anything that I haven't felt or seen in previous similar shonen mangas. Feels like KnY and early MHA in that aspect, I'll definitely keep watching, but I hope something changes down the road.
Avoid the anime.

Please.

P L E A S E

(WT is fantastic, but the anime is EXTREMELY BAD)

Jun 22, 2019

At the end of the day, it's still a (super solid) shounen, so I wouldn't recommend expecting anything beyond that.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Funny. I remember dropping Hunter X Hunter repeatedly in the beginning but my friends urged me to keep watching it because they said it gets much better and turns out they was right! HxH is easily in my top 5 now and I still haven't finished it lol Alotta anime take alotta episodes to find a rhythm or a flow. JJK doesn't even have over 20 episodes yet

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA

WT is in my top 3 shounen, but I have never watched the anime lol.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like JJK has definitely been getting its groove going since episode 7 or so.

If it can continue to buck trends like it did with Junpei, that would be all the better for it. However, the world it presents is brutal but I appreciate it's not all doom and gloom every episode.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
When I read the manga I totally felt the "sidelining" the rest of the cast got for a few chapters but the pacing of the anime was quick enough that I felt it didn't bother me as much. Luckily the next arc throws all the characters they were hyping up at you + the ones we already like so it made up for it tbh

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017

I like the characters in JJK much better than KnY, and I like Yuuji much more than Deku.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Manga, however I'd like to preface things by saying it is a VERY slow paced series that is further exacerbated by the author's persistent health condition.
The pacing works so well due to the large cast of characters who are actually quite memorable. If it were faster the manga would be a train wreck

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The pacing works so well due to the large cast of characters who are actually quite memorable. If it were faster the manga would be a train wreck
I'm generally agree with you, but I know it can be a turn off for some people. Especially the part about the release schedule being sporadic.

Last edited:

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Idk why people like Yuuji so much, he has weird tonal shifts going from goofball to self-righteous anger at the flip of a switch. My main problem is that his motivation feels undercooked and rushed (much like a lot of things in the show, but this is one of the biggest offenders). His grandpa was like "go help others, bye!" and now he's like "okay I'll do it because you said so". I know that's probably not the case, but that's what the anime has portrayed the impetus as so far: just fulfilling his dying grandfather's wish. But then he genuinely gets angry when bad things happen to people. So it's confusing and not in a "complex" character sort of way. So I wish they would delve into his backstory a little bit more showing more of what drives him.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Idk why people like Yuuji so much, he has weird tonal shifts going from goofball to self-righteous anger at the flip of a switch. My main problem is that his motivation feels undercooked and rushed (much like a lot of things in the show, but this is one of the biggest offenders). His grandpa was like "go help others, bye!" and now he's like "okay I'll do it because you said so". I know that's probably not the case, but that's what the anime has portrayed the impetus as so far: just fulfilling his dying grandfather's wish. But then he genuinely gets angry when bad things happen to people. So it's confusing and not in a "complex" character sort of way. So I wish they would delve into his backstory a little bit more showing more of what drives him.
yuji kinda blank template like gon imo , or early gon , where the world around and colorful characters are more interesting
i think yuji's current blank story is gonna be interesting later on, seen some impressive theories

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I started watching this 2 days ago and I quite like it. It feels like a darker Naruto somehow. Also the cast is great and often hilarious.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He's just earnest, which leads to both of those emotions. It doesn't really seem that confusing to me.

His grandfather's words inspire him to do some crazier stuff, but...

I think he's also developing his own motive. Be strong enough to choose how he dies & help guide others to proper deaths.

Death really has a major effect on him, which isn't crazy either.