• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty common nowadays. Long gone are the days when they would make the authors dress up for group covers. :P

We still don't know the gender of Haikyuu's author for certain (and they don't have a wikipedia page either).

But as usual, unless there's a lot of evidence to the contrary, always best to assume a shonen mangaka is a guy. And in the case of Gege and Furudate (Haikyuu), there are videos of them drawing where their hands/arms can be seen, and going off that, I think they're both guys.

Here's the video of Gege doing a quick drawing.

I'd say Gotouge for Kimetsu no Yaiba is most secretive out of all the Jump authors and for good reason. Couldn't even imagine with their success if people knew who they were.

It would be quite frightening.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'd say Gotouge for Kimetsu no Yaiba is most secretive out of all the Jump authors and for good reason. Couldn't even imagine with their success if people knew who they were.

It would be quite frightening.
Seems inevitable given their success, but we'll see how long they can maintain it.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
That's not what I'm gathering from AoT at all. A lot of the episodes are well-directed that give you perspective from both sides. Very good use of flashbacks and monologue from characters. I went back and watched the previous seasons and it all made sense leading up to what's currently happening in the final season.
Hmmmm yeah.... I prolly should rewatch AoT sometime to catch all of it. I'll prolly rewatch it after it the final season ends

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
As a manga reader, I think the author is a huge fan of Hunter x Hunter.

I mean, people already picked up on this from the anime.

maxresdefault.jpg
Gon-Aura-Transform.png

Yeah I don't feel like these two can be compared considering how significant that part of HxH was and how well it was built up.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck they have to go in so hard on the animation? This ep looked phenomenal.

And good bye Lost in Paradise ED, you will be missed...

e3ef8ccb1cc0e8d6c493fa2163cdd6ff.gif

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Mahito's domain is pretty fucking cool in a body horror fashion... which is pretty fitting for Mahito. Loved the animation as it was summoned up.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Jesus Christ, Hironori Tanaka went absolutely in. The animation, these character designs, the layout. That was a visual treat and came closest to the look they were selling in the OP. Well done Mappa you didn't disappoint and gave this episode the attention it needed. Though I should rather thank the staff behind it.

Jun 22, 2019
If the aesthetics of how Mahito looks in this episode is just the general aesthetic for the Chainsaw Man adaptation... I would be quite happy.

Also this was easily the best episode out of the lot so far, no contest.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Yep, great episode. Good character development, solid pacing and action. Everything I want in an anime.

The conclusion of the fight was a bit....weirdly portrayed and hard to follow, but overall easily one of the best episodes. Glad Nanami (?) lives to fight another day.
Sakuna is such a fun villain. I hope we get to see more and more of him as they inevitably make him more powerful. Bring on the tournament arc!

9/10 for this episode.

Overall I give part 1 of the show a 6.5/10. There's definitely hints of a great story/show and I'm excited to see where it goes.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What really struck me about the animation this episode is how smart it was - the shots were well-composited to get the most out of everything. Like, Yuuji vs. the 3 transformed humans on the rooftop. They pull back so you can see everything, don't even bother drawing in his face for most of it, and the resulting animation is just soooooo smooth. It's great.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Can we give a hand to all those hands. There were was something incredibly disturbing about the entire domain expansion sequence. Just so many hands.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
After every episode this show just rapidly rises on my list of best shounen anime.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Animation was nice, always love when an anime prioritizes the flow of animation and allows it to get messy and lets loose with exaggeration.
Also the music playing at 3.30 - 4.40 is pretty damn good.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Btw the line that Nanami says about Sukuna should be:

EEX_B_XXoAAU2KH

Sounds much more in line.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
That intro cut for the Mahito domain expansion is so good. All the hands! Liked how it started with a nice prolonged hand touch. Mahito in general looked great this episode with all the shapeshifting/body changes.

Nanami character backstory is simple but like it a lot. The "are you bragging" response to Nanami's dismay at societal structure in the bakery was funny too.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know these characters well and I can't wait for them to be reunited. Hurry uuup.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I love the ED, but that was a huge tonal shift from the episode to the credits haha
Actual episode: Yuji failed to save someone he cared about, failed to save his mentor with his own power, mentally tortured by the demon inside and got filled with holes, forced to kill humans for the first time innocent ones at that, basically failed everything he sets out to do at the cost of lives

ED: YUJI HAPPY DANCING

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This episode was beautiful from beginning to end, whew. Mappa is outdoing themselves week after week.

The domain expansion scene was really cool, and loved to see Sukuna fucking his shit up

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Another episode where Sukuna is teasing that Megumi is hiding that good stuff.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
He's 100% chaotic evil. Chaotic neutrals don't laugh with a big bad after refusing to save a life. Chaotic Evil would also kill the same big bad if they start cramping their style
Neutral implies he isn't a sadistic monster that enjoys seeing a kid suffer for shits and giggles
Oooohhhh I called him Chaotic Neutral because he doesn't care and that can lead to bad things happening but yeah... y'all right... he's Chaotic Evil

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, how many episodes are in this season? I want to watch these all at once when they are done.

Jun 22, 2019
The previous episode's post-credits sequence with the transfigured humans playing that pirate toy/game and getting startled and running off...

Those were the transfigured children Itadori killed, yeah?