• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Did they seriously just trick me into thinking Junpei would join the main cast? Manga readers, is he really dead? That would be so cruel.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris

EpnvuUFVEAEHlr4

Oooh, I want to see these new students soon!

I guess the tournament Arc is still happening after all that shit with Mahito ? meh

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Heres hoping they keep the same OP and ED for the 2nd cour, that ED in particular is an absolute bop.
I love the current OP and ED too but I think we getting a new OP and a new ED when the new cour aka arc starts. I got a feeling the new OP is gonna be fun and jumpy like MHA season 2's and the new ED is gonna be sad lol

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i started watching this tonight, i just finished episode three

i can already tell itadori and kugisaki will have like one braincell between the two of them that they pass back and forth lol

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Considering all the fights so far were great and animated beautifully... yeah give me that tournament arc.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they were hitting it off at junpei's house.

also surprise they didn't show any gore from his mom. half expected them to show it.

i still feel hes gonna come back from this. its too early for him to go out this way.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Forget about Junpei. I've already moved on and waiting to see Bonito flakes in a fight.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, I'm legit sad about Junpei and his mom. Been a while since I was so invested in this type of drama in an anime. I was already into his relationship with Itadori too. The animation, the music, it's all so good.

I'm actually pissed that the anime made it look like he would join the team in the OP. I really dislike this kind of thing.

Last edited:

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Junpei's death wouldn't have had 1/100th of the impact it had on me, had the show not actively made me think and wonder about the character, thinking about when was he going to join the others at the schools and thinking he would become a main character.
It's impressive really, they made a fantastic job just with that last shot of the OP of Yuji and him together, really made me wonder for quite a few episodes about who was that seemingly so important character (since he seemed to share a strong relationship with the main character, them laughing together), and how come he hadn't shown up yet until a few episodes ago. Had him not be that prominent on the OP under that context I wouldn't be shocked at all about his death, probably would be a character I would forget by episode 20 or something.

The most important impact of that decision is that the show just completely leaves me thinking of what could have been had it turned out differently, and that's a damn amazing thing for a character with less than a handful of episodes to develop.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't watch Attack on Titan then because that's quickly becoming the king of bait and switch and "tricked you!!!" of plot twists lol

That's not what I'm gathering from AoT at all. A lot of the episodes are well-directed that give you perspective from both sides. Very good use of flashbacks and monologue from characters. I went back and watched the previous seasons and it all made sense leading up to what's currently happening in the final season.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That's not what I'm gathering from AoT at all. A lot of the episodes are well-directed that give you perspective from both sides. Very good use of flashbacks and monologue from characters. I went back and watched the previous seasons and it all made sense leading up to what's currently happening in the final season.
Not to get too much into AoT discussion here but Season 1 has a haunting dimension to some scenes on re-watch that absolutely were not there on first watch. Some scenes of the latest season also have that when having Season 1 still fresh on the mind, some seemingly innocuous dialogues that becomes absolutely shocking/chilling.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough I only watched the OP once or twice so I'd entirely forgotten Junpei was featured in it. Now the ED, that I stuck around for. That said the Junpei arc worked pretty well for me as much for the denial of so many expected and common shonen tropes.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was curious to learn more about the author but outside of some general info like their birthday and some interviews there doesn't seem to be much info.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
That Mai just straight up has a revolver cracks me up
What's your cursed technique/weapon:
Megumi: i summon different type of spirits to help me fight my enemies
Maki: i use various types of cursed weapons
Toge: my words have power so much so i can say anything but riceball recipes in normal conversation
Nobara: i use hammer and nails as part of my arsenal and to assist in voodoo techniques
Panda: I'm a Panda

Mai what do you have
I have a gun fuck you

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Mai is just keeping it real
But they should have made her gun like Gene Starwind's Caster in Outlaw Star, which used shells containing magic spells of varying strength and effects.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair ichiji the assistant basically said anything above grade 3 can take a shotgun

It's still funny Mai weapon in a series about sorcerers and curses inspired by YYH and HxHis a fucking gun and she shoots people
That was a metaphor - it was "if normal weapons worked on them."

So, safe to say, it's probably not a normal gun.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cursed energy does remind me of Nen in that it can be used in a variety of ways including enhancing the users natural abilities, turned into powerful attacks of all sorts or even totally separate entities. Seems its also able to be infused into random objects to increase their stats in some manner like how we saw Nanami punching the wall and infusing all the falling rubble with cursed energy for extra damage. I'm guessing the same applies to a gun and the bullets it would be firing.

Oct 27, 2017
Cursed energy does remind me of Nen in that it can be used in a variety of ways including enhancing the users natural abilities, turned into powerful attacks of all sorts or even totally separate entities. Seems its also able to be infused into random objects to increase their stats in some manner like how we saw Nanami punching the wall and infusing all the falling rubble with cursed energy for extra damage. I'm guessing the same applies to a gun and the bullets it would be firing.

As a manga reader, I think the author is a huge fan of Hunter x Hunter.

I mean, people already picked up on this from the anime.

maxresdefault.jpg
Gon-Aura-Transform.png

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Just curious to learn more about them. It seems we don't even know their gender, not that we should if they don't want to tell us but just seems like there wasn't a ton out there. Not even a wiki page from what I saw.
Pretty common nowadays. Long gone are the days when they would make the authors dress up for group covers. :P

We still don't know the gender of Haikyuu's author for certain (and they don't have a wikipedia page either).

But as usual, unless there's a lot of evidence to the contrary, always best to assume a shonen mangaka is a guy. And in the case of Gege and Furudate (Haikyuu), there are videos of them drawing where their hands/arms can be seen, and going off that, I think they're both guys.

Here's the video of Gege doing a quick drawing.