• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Itadori trying to summon Sukuna thinking this is Naruto or even Bleach before being told to get fucked and getting laughed at and getting slapped with reality is always one of my favorites of this arc

You can't count on his self preservation or even being talk no jutsu like Nine tailed fox he doesn't give a fuck he's not going to die no matter what and is too sadistic to be swayed
He's not even nice enough to fight an enemy because fuck Yuji

Oct 27, 2017
Hot damn the latest episode was 🔥🔥🔥

Ha! Talk no Jutsu failed when I was expecting it to work. I'm liking this Sukuna fella - I like how he put Mahito in his place and couldn't say s***.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
You know I felt bad for Junpei in the manga, but god damn did the anime make it far worse. That shit hit too hard especially with the ost and voice acting brah.

All of this could have not happened if Junpei didn't get ruthlessly bullied. Made him lose his common sense unfortunately. They really had him in Jujutsu clothes which is a huge gut punch. Anyways RIP Cool mom and Junpei.

Also fuck Mahito.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sukuna going 'Nah, get fucked' it's just too good.
I feel bad for Junpei, but I like my shonen with actual stakes, so I'm glad about it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The protagonist failing to activate his trump card was a fun twist on things but I really appreciate Yuuji being a really level headed, no bull shit person. He straight up tells Junpei all his crazy villain talk is just a bunch of bull shit that's more for his own state of mind than it is to convince others. Then he actually stops himself when he realizes Junpei is hurting, realizes he was going about things the wrong way and then just sits there and listens to him vent. I just love that he actually seems to have a head on his shoulders and isn't all hot blooded passion which fails really rare in shonens.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The protagonist failing to activate his trump card was a fun twist on things but I really appreciate Yuuji being a really level headed, no bull shit person. He straight up tells Junpei all his crazy villain talk is just a bunch of bull shit that's more for his own state of mind than it is to convince others. Then he actually stops himself when he realizes Junpei is hurting, realizes he was going about things the wrong way and then just sits there and listens to him vent. I just love that he actually seems to have a head on his shoulders and isn't all hot blooded passion which fails really rare in shonens.

Yup. Very good kid

Also, Itadori and Mahito laughing at Itadori was too funny

Worse when Sukuna was basically like "we shared a good laugh, so I'mma let you off just this once"

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
What the fuck was that Juju Stroll

But anyway, that was a really cool adaptation of that fight. Now I'm really excited to see how MAPPA handles some of the action in the current arc of the manga someday.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

But anyway, that was a really cool adaptation of that fight. Now I'm really excited to see how MAPPA handles some of the action in the current arc of the manga someday.

The jujutsu scroll is foreshadowing the next episode since it has those same 3 transfigured humans.

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, this instantly popped up in my mind after watching that rage scene from E12:

tumblr_njbhuaO6R61tgagauo1_500.gif

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The art and animation are world class. Such a freaking good anime.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
all i know is pain
junpei's death was hella sad but man that was an elite moment

bigger preview of next week's episode

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that was a good episode, can't wait until they animate the current manga arc. Shit is gonna be crazy.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Itadori trying to summon Sukuna thinking this is Naruto or even Bleach before being told to get fucked and getting laughed at and getting slapped with reality is always one of my favorites of this arc

You can't count on his self preservation or even being talk no jutsu like Nine tailed fox he doesn't give a fuck he's not going to die no matter what and is too sadistic to be swayed
He's not even nice enough to fight an enemy because fuck Yuji

This episode was sad but I ain't gonna lie that made me laugh. Like it was horrible but I loved that it happened.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think people sorta missed this thing in the prison fight, but it's good to see it hitting home this time:

Sukuna is Yuji's super-powered evil side, but the emphasis is on "evil," not "superpowered." He's not like Hollow Ichigo, a part of Yuji that he needs to reckon with and master to improve. He's not the Nine-Tailed Fox, a somewhat-misunderstood force of nature, pissed off but reasonable if you can talk them down. Sukuna acts for two reasons and two reasons only: advancing his goals (whatever those may be), and fucking up Yuji's life. He got what he needed out of Yuji when the kid made the pact, so he's not going to pop out and help on demand. He can't be reasoned with, he can't be talk-no-jutsu'd, and he is absolutely never going to be brought around to be Yuji's friend. Unless an enemy directly threatens him, his interests, or his ego, he's going to remain purely a negative force in Yuji's life.

Sukuna is a monster, and that's the beginning, middle, and end of it, barring some dramatic future revelation. Part of why I like the character so much, tbh.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I think people sorta missed this thing in the prison fight, but it's good to see it hitting home this time:

Sukuna is Yuji's super-powered evil side, but the emphasis is on "evil," not "superpowered." He's not like Hollow Ichigo, a part of Yuji that he needs to reckon with and master to improve. He's not the Nine-Tailed Fox, a somewhat-misunderstood force of nature, pissed off but reasonable if you can talk them down. Sukuna acts for two reasons and two reasons only: advancing his goals (whatever those may be), and fucking up Yuji's life. He got what he needed out of Yuji when the kid made the pact, so he's not going to pop out and help on demand. He can't be reasoned with, he can't be talk-no-jutsu'd, and he is absolutely never going to be brought around to be Yuji's friend. Unless an enemy directly threatens him, his interests, or his ego, he's going to remain purely a negative force in Yuji's life.

Sukuna is a monster, and that's the beginning, middle, and end of it, barring some dramatic future revelation. Part of why I like the character so much, tbh.
Sukuna refusing to help forces Yuji to become even more stronger. Yuji's rage moment was amazing.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Incredible episode. The episodes of this anime are so good that it feels so short, that weekly wait is tough cause I just can't get enough.
Probably my favorite shonen in the last few years, this anime adaptation is a blast and every episode so far has been great.

Itadori being denied by Sukuna is awesome, no dependency on the inner force power up like in many other animes will lead to some interesting development.
Junpei dying feels bad, thought he'll be redeemed.
Sukuna warning Mahito not to try touching his soul again was awesome too. I need that next episode already.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Manga readers i find the series good but the pacing a little jarring at times, is the manga like this?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Manga readers i find the series good but the pacing a little jarring at times, is the manga like this?

The pacing is jarring in the beginning, but it all adds up together for an incredible build up later on in the series.

I'll say this the transitions can be a bit jarring at times, but honestly it feels like the author does it purposely.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Jujutsu Kaisen manga suffers greatly from, "Wait, did I skip a chapter?" syndrome.

This was a great episode.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
A lot of people already commented about it here, but I absolutely love that Sukuna really is just an asshole and in it for himself, one of my biggest fears for the anime at first was having a Naruto/Bleach situation with the protagonist here, but it's very refreshing seeing it be treated, at least so far, as an actual, proper, issue that Itadori will have to deal with at some point instead of just being a sudden power up that occasionally backfires, and eventually talk-no-jutsu/power up happens and it stops backfiring.
For now he has mostly been """useful""" for Itadori (really, to be clear, most of the bad situations that Itadori got into are Sukuna's fault to begin with so...), but it's clear that Itadori is in for a world of pain eventually. Itadori is trapped with Sukuna under rules he doesn't know, and it's more than clear that Sukuna is only going to help himself, and hurting Itadori seems to be one of the things he sees as helpful.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
They know when to let their talent show off. I usually don't bother with adaptions, but this remains pretty damn good.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Pop-Up Pirate is a popular luck-based game for children manufactured by Tomy. It originated in Japan in 1975 under the name Kurohige Kiki Ippatsu (黒ひげ危機一発, Lit. "Blackbeard in Danger") and has seen many iterations over the years.

The pirate is placed into a spring-loaded barrel and rotated to randomize the unlucky slot. Players must take it in turns to insert plastic swords into slots in the side of the barrel. If a player inserts the sword into a specific slot (which changes randomly every time the game is played), the pirate is launched out of the barrel and the player is eliminated. The last player remaining after all others have been eliminated wins.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Damn, that laughing scene was all kind of messed up. Sukuna is cold hearted and I hope they keep him that way.

There something satisfying with how weird the faces of character get animated sometime. Especially with Mahito.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Im all caught up. Man...when people were hyping this up pre-release I was doubtful but this show keeps delivering.
Why does Sukuna steal every scene he is in? Probably one of my favorite antagonists this year from anime.
The way he put Mahito in his place for trying to touch his soul was so satisfying. He strikes fear into every curse that meets him.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Im all caught up. Man...when people were hyping this up pre-release I was doubtful but this show keeps delivering.
Why does Sukuna steal every scene he is in? Probably one of my favorite antagonists this year from anime.
The way he put Mahito in his place for trying to touch his soul was so satisfying. He strikes fear into every curse that meets him.
Sukuna is awesome yet no one seems to have voted for him in the poll lol

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm new to this, anime viewer but at first it was... fast, convoluted and confusing. I honestly could not help compare it at the beginningg with other shounen BUT....

The characters did grow on me, I don't hate any one of them so far, everyone seems very interesting.
The quality fight scenes and everything I have liked it very much!

I just hope that... Sukuna...

Doesn't become like "friends" with the cast and remains evil

EDIT:

I do hope this gets a second season with this amazing quality so far.... I'm still behind, I think there are 12 episodes? 3 more to go!