• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Mahito's power is insanely disturbing. Its not exactly unique in that we've seen all kinds of villains who can transform things and people especially but how he uses those transformations is what sets it apart. He just uses people's bodies like literal tools.

Yup he's an insanely wicked character and it doesn't help his viewpoint of humans accommodates his ability really well. They go hand in hand as we seen in the latest episode. Having the ability to control souls is a powerful technique.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Sure enough

Source: French manga publisher, Ki-oon 2019 interview with Akutami Gege

91ApW1z.gif

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Checked out the dub 'cause that's hitting now too. They're up to ep 4. I like most of the VAs other than Yuji who sounds a little... light, I guess? Gojo's is fantastic, tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up with all 10 episodes. Loving it so far. I like the characters and like that the jujutsu world is brutal. The fights have been good too.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Zero chance of them being as good. I saw who's doing them.

The one who is doing the Opening did the Psycho Pass opening and it was pretty damn good and I feel like they may fit Jujutsu's tone. Also Co shu Nie who's doing the Ending did the Tokyo Ghoul Re Opening which was literally the best thing about that adaption lol. They definitely could fit the somber, but upbeat tone for Jujutsu.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
The one who is doing the Opening did the Psycho Pass opening and it was pretty damn good and I feel like they may fit Jujutsu's tone. Also Co shu Nie who's doing the Ending did the Tokyo Ghoul Re Opening which was literally the best thing about that adaption lol. They definitely could fit the somber, but upbeat tone for Jujutsu.
Asphyxia is still a meme song even if it was the best part of gruel: re anime.

God what a shitshow.

I mean, "better than the current ED" is kind of an unreasonable bar to set.
Yes it is.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Do we really need a new ED

Can't they just stick with the current one

Oct 25, 2017
Yes we need a new one. I'm currently watching Hunter X Hunter and even though I'm really enjoying the show... I keep hearing the same songs 4 million times and it's making me glad that JuKai is changing the songs lol
The Hunter x Hunter EDs are great, especially when it does the freeze frame painting transition into the ED

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yes we need a new one. I'm currently watching Hunter X Hunter and even though I'm really enjoying the show... I keep hearing the same songs 4 million times and it's making me glad that JuKai is changing the songs lol

The same with Gurenge (Demon Slayer Opening). I loved it a lot, but I would have loved a new opening.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Ink wash painting

EllcJEZU8AEdAdL

EouX0qSU0AA2kVN

Enwrk3lVEAQA2DD

Artisit pixiv
www.pixiv.net

極道畫師のイラスト

二次元水墨画の世界 pixivID:7140895 微博ID:極道畫師 貼吧和貼吧ID:極限之道 獨家指定官方授權淘寶店鋪:極道動漫工作室 授權與業務請私信 謝謝!Overseas Creative Studio: Jidou Art Studio

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Show is pushing the boundaries of shonen and itching into seinen, some dark stuff in it. But oh my god, I'm loving it. Half-tempted to read the manga but this adaptation is so good breh.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I was wondering how they would handle this part of the series, considering how incredibly rushed and sudden the latter half comes across as.

They really didn't improve on anything, but having the plot jump ahead a bit mid-episode was preferable. When I was reading the manga, I legit thought I skipped a chapter for a minute.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's a few weird pacing moments in the manga that the anime seems to be handling more smoothly.

What a gutpunch of an ep. I forgot how much I liked the mom.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
The hell is with this weird pacing. I'm getting upset because this show could be so good but the pacing is so RUSHED.

It feels like the middle of the episode should've been like....3 episodes MINIMUM away from the ending episode's confrontation and as a result I'm not invested at all in what happens. Also how did Itadori even show up there? It's possible they show what happened in the next episode like they did with the beginning of this arc, but why? Why not just tell the story in sequential order.

Also how dumb is Yoshino (?)?! Yeah totally trust the CURSE that's constantly saying weird/demented shit and transforms and kills humans; this random bully knows all about Sakuna and his curses and killed your mom.

Really poor episode. Close to dropping the show.

I liked the 2 minutes of action in the beginning though.

What a gutpunch of an ep. I forgot how much I liked the mom.

I wish the show would've developed her more; as a result I felt nothing when she died. I'm assuming the Manga did a better job.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The hell is with this weird pacing. I'm getting upset because this show could be so good but the pacing is so RUSHED.

It feels like the middle of the episode should've been like....3 episodes MINIMUM away from the ending episode's confrontation and as a result I'm not invested at all in what happens. Also how did Itadori even show up there? It's possible they show what happened in the next episode like they did with the beginning of this arc, but why? Why not just tell the story in sequential order.

Also how dumb is Yoshino (?)?! Yeah totally trust the CURSE that's constantly saying weird/demented shit and transforms and kills humans; this random bully knows all about Sakuna and his curses and killed your mom.

I wish the show would've developed her more; as a result I felt nothing when she died. I'm assuming the Manga did a better job.
No, I think they basically covered everything. She's just a cool older lady. Reminds me a lot of my mom.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Ink wash painting

EllcJEZU8AEdAdL

EouX0qSU0AA2kVN

Enwrk3lVEAQA2DD

Artisit pixiv
www.pixiv.net

極道畫師のイラスト

二次元水墨画の世界 pixivID:7140895 微博ID:極道畫師 貼吧和貼吧ID:極限之道 獨家指定官方授權淘寶店鋪:極道動漫工作室 授權與業務請私信 謝謝!Overseas Creative Studio: Jidou Art Studio
Looks super cool and it made me smile after seeing what happened in the episode

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

For better or worse the Anime is pretty faithful besides some exaggerated movement or action you expect from Anime adaptations

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, HxH is like... there are places where it's fine to be a normal human. You can really just chill on some island or in some city and be cool. As long as there's technology around.

JJK... you just fucking die in the most gruesome ways for literally no reason at all.

Still sounds like the HxH world lol.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that might be contributing to the perceived fast pacing is that some episodes devote a full minute of their runtime to the little shorts and outtakes at the end. Out of 23ish minutes total, that's not insignificant. I personally love how quick JJK is because I get bored kind of easily.

Oct 25, 2017
From what I can tell, Mappa seems to be fond of cutting some scenes in an episode so they can hit certain endings for an episode, which can affect the pacing. It happened with the theatre and now here, which is an interesting approach.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Junpei: hey Mahito not a bad person.......
*thinks back about the humans living tortured existence*
Junpei:........ wait a minute