• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Probably the best directed episode for me.

I will agree with this I think. The storyline with the bullied kid and the evil sorcerer (?) was really effective. I have a lot of hope for this arc based on how well those scenes were done. The protagonists' storyline was the underwhelming part for me.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I will agree with this I think. The storyline with the bullied kid and the evil sorcerer (?) was really effective. I have a lot of hope for this arc based on how well those scenes were done.

Yea I'm actually glad this episode was directed well because the current arc needs some good direction. So if they adapt future episodes like this one for the current arc it should be good.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the technical school is even more of an excuse school than most Shonen highschools, lol. 3 students to a class, no time spent in a conventional classroom that I can remember. It's a base for active Jujutsu Sorcerers and a place for training new ones, but it's not a real highschool by any normal standard.
I kind of get the feeling that even in universe they're only calling it a school as a cover so they don't have to explain the curse stuff to normal people. It's a way of blending into normal society and that's pretty much it

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of get the feeling that even in universe they're only calling it a school as a cover so they don't have to explain the curse stuff to normal people. It's a way of blending into normal society and that's pretty much it
I don't think that curses etc are secret. Fushiguro didn't use a cover story talking to either Yuji in the beginning or the woman whose son died in the prison. I think it's mostly so they can justify having teenagers attend full-time, lol.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't think that curses etc are secret. Fushiguro didn't use a cover story talking to either Yuji in the beginning or the woman whose son died in the prison. I think it's mostly so they can justify having teenagers attend full-time, lol.
Gojou mentions this about the school "On the surface, it's known as a private religious school." and also one of the cops in this latest episode was pretty pissed that two random people were on the scene of the crime before forensics, asking why were they there, while the other, seemingly more experienced cop, just recommending that he should ignore it if he wants to live long enough to reach retirement.
I take it that overall it's kinda of an open secret between people higher up in certain areas of society but that the general public doesn't know about it, but it has been pretty inconsistent so far about that.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's been really inconsistent on how much of a secret the curses are but thr general public don't know about it or the school since the school has a cover

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Curses are invisible to regular people, and we've seen that the Jujutsu Tech staff do their best to cover stuff up (for example, saying that the cursed womb was a gas leak or whatever)

Obviously, some civvies know there's supernatural shit going on, like those cops or Itadori's friends from the occult club. They either get ignored by people who don't believe that stuff or look the other way and let Jujutsu sorcerers do their thing because no one else can.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Soooo Nanamin is totally dead right? Newly introduced character with a slight plays hard to get attitude. Kind of contrived ability that seems cool on the surface, but impractical to actually flesh out and develop in reality. Has to fight what I'm guessing is one of the end bosses of the arc? series? He totally has to job to prove the curse's strength.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo Nanamin is totally dead right? Newly introduced character with a slight plays hard to get attitude. Kind of contrived ability that seems cool on the surface, but impractical to actually flesh out and develop in reality. Has to fight what I'm guessing is one of the end bosses of the arc? series? He totally has to job to prove the curse's strength.
All he wanted was a quiet life too

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
It's been really inconsistent on how much of a secret the curses are but thr general public don't know about it or the school since the school has a cover

Does it? They explain that most people can't see curses but they can feel something is off like being haunted and the like. Most people just see the school as a weird private school. When people die unexpected others just chalk it up to being haunted/myths/etc, else just something like explosions, etc

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also the anime doesn't make it Super obvious as the manga but its still obvious but Jogo the curse Gojo wrecked represents the fear of earth the other two are the water and forest
We allknow what happened to the last dude in a suit who just wanted to live a quiet life.
I'm sure Nanami is fine
It's just one of the big boss villains

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
You can start to see the Hxh influences with the whole thing about Nanami revealing his abilty in order to give it a boost

The influence gets more pronounced the idea that you give yourself a disadvantage or weakness in order to boost yourself or your technique but the Bomber Genthru in Greed Island arc put the same condition where his powerful technique gets activated when he explains his ability

Not only it gives excuse for exposition but the characters are not dumb for explaining it

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Great episode as always, but damn... What a cliffhanger. I just want Nanami to start showing off already.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Too bad he is almost certainly super dead

Yeah, definitely got the same vibes throughout the episode. Quite a few death flags.
Shame.

Great episode. Very cohesive and pacing felt really good.

Animation was a bit...lower quality than usual during the fight scene which was a little distracting, but still exceptional compared to most anime.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see the dynamic between Itadori and Junpei and then back to Junpei and Mahito. Itadori is totally going to Talk no Jutsu Junpei at some point, isn't he? Looking forward to the next episode!

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Good episode can't wait for next week.

THAT AVATAR!!!!! YOOOOO!!!!
Can't wait to see the dynamic between Itadori and Junpei and then back to Junpei and Mahito. Itadori is totally going to Talk no Jutsu Junpei at some point, isn't he? Looking forward to the next episode!
Talk no Jutsu fused with the ultimate "I'll be your friend!" blast has to becoming next week lol I'll be surprised if Ita doesn't say it

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
THAT AVATAR!!!!! YOOOOO!!!!

Talk no Jutsu fused with the ultimate "I'll be your friend!" blast has to becoming next week lol I'll be surprised if Ita doesn't say it

I had to change my avatar to Nobara because I really do like her character well from reading the manga. Plus this art of her looked really cool.

I applaud you for still keeping your Makoto avatar till this day lol. My avatar used to be him because you know he's the best Persona protagonist imo.

Really enjoy this anime so far, think I'll have to read the manga soon.

That was me, but at the third episode lmao. Ended up binge reading the entire manga.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Nobara, the Juju Stroll bit at the end of this week's episode was HILARIOUS.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

I had to change my avatar to Nobara because I really do like her character well from reading the manga. Plus this art of her looked really cool.

I applaud you for still keeping your Makoto avatar till this day lol. My avatar used to be him because you know he's the best Persona protagonist imo.
And there's people that say Era isn't a place where people can be chill and become friends. shakes your hand in respect

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
What was up with the teacher? Did he really not catch the bullying when he looked trough the window few episodes ago or did he just glanced over it pretending nothing happened? Thought it was the latter, but the way he spoke seems he really hadn't a clue what happened in school.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

What was up with the teacher? Did he really not catch the bullying when he looked trough the window few episodes ago or did he just glanced over it pretending nothing happened? Thought it was the latter, but the way he spoke seems he really hadn't a clue what happened in school.
Teacher walked passed like, "Looks like Junpei-kun is having fun with his classmates! So happy for him!"

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

Naw he knew he's just pretending like it didn't occur at all. It's like when some adults try to pretend everything's all fine and dandy with a kid and the people he's around. However, in reality that isn't the case. They just shrug it off and think it's kids being kids. It's unfortunate, but these things really do happen in schools.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Naw he knew he's just pretending like it didn't occur at all. It's like when some adults try to pretend everything's all fine and dandy with a kid and the people he's around. However, in reality that isn't the case. They just shrug it off and think it's kids being kids. It's unfortunate, but these things really do happen in schools.
Yeah you are right. Cracking these tone deaf jokes when 3 people from school just died shows that some of these human beings have no empathy at all. I guess because Junpei shyness and introvert behavior he didn't talk this neither with his parents or the teachers amd with a sensei like him he probably didn't had any hope that openly discussing it would solve any of this. Crazy to think he wanted to kill the teacher on the spot. Contrary to his beliefs not wanting to push the button to kill all humas who he hated and I doubt the teacher hated him.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally started watching this series recently without much knowledge about the manga except the general premise. Been fairly impressed so far with everything from the characterization to the animation. It's light on the joke and obnoxious characters and the world is interesting and mysterious. Can I also say I enjoy the weird and creative powers so far. Domain battles are really cool in terms of anime fighting as its not just who is the better fighter or has more energy. Reminds me more of some of the powers exhibited by the villains in Chapter Black of YYH.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started watching this series recently without much knowledge about the manga except the general premise. Been fairly impressed so far with everything from the characterization to the animation. It's light on the joke and obnoxious characters and the world is interesting and mysterious. Can I also say I enjoy the weird and creative powers so far. Domain battles are really cool in terms of anime fighting as its not just who is the better fighter or has more energy. Reminds me more of some of the powers exhibited by the villains in Chapter Black of YYH.
Author is a fan of Togashi apparently and you can feel the HxH and YYH influence in parts

weaK_willO

Oct 25, 2017
Sure enough

Source: French manga publisher, Ki-oon 2019 interview with Akutami Gege

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Episode 10 was great, i really like Nanami, episodes 9 and 8 were a bit slow but thats it, series have been really good and very unique, that "horror" touch is what makes it truly special.
What hasnt been landing very well with me are power levels, Megumi is a normal human, right? but he has building-level durability in episode 5, is it just one of those shonen tropes we have to ignore or was it already explained?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 10 was great, i really like Nanami, episodes 9 and 8 were a bit slow but thats it, series have been really good and very unique, that "horror" touch is what makes it truly special.
What hasnt been landing very well with me are power levels, Megumi is a normal human, right? but he has building-level durability in episode 5, is it just one of those shonen tropes we have to ignore or was it already explained?

I kind of just took it that cursed energy makes your body more durable much like any series where characters use some kind of magical energy source.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Cursed energy us basically like Chakra,nen, spiritual energy etc the sorcerers can use it to protect their bodies and enhance attacks

But really Megumi should be dead if it wasn't anime lol

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

The anime heavily exaggerated how much Fushigoro got beat up in that fight. In the manga he got knocked into the hair, hit once (which he blocked using the bird shikigami), then he crashed into the building and that was it.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Cursed energy us basically like Chakra,nen, spiritual energy etc the sorcerers can use it to protect their bodies and enhance attacks

But really Megumi should be dead if it wasn't anime lol
Thank you for the explanation.
And yeah, knowing he is just a human made me feel the pain, specially that bit when he blows the antenna at the rooftop. OUCH!

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The anime heavily exaggerated how much Fushigoro got beat up in that fight. In the manga he got knocked into the hair, hit once (which he blocked using the bird shikigami), then he crashed into the building and that was it.

I decided to look for that chapter

Yeahhh, that deep smash into the building would have still killed him super dead lmao

They definitely added a bit, but they didn't sice his durability if he survived that

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mahito's power is insanely disturbing. Its not exactly unique in that we've seen all kinds of villains who can transform things and people especially but how he uses those transformations is what sets it apart. He just uses people's bodies like literal tools.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Mahito's power is insanely disturbing. Its not exactly unique in that we've seen all kinds of villains who can transform things and people especially but how he uses those transformations is what sets it apart. He just uses people's bodies like literal tools.
Yeah he's a horrendous evil fucker.