• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Poodlestrike Ay, can you wipe the current poll? I'm gonna replace it with a favorite character poll when I get home tonight from work.
Ehhhhhh

I'm supposed to be on break but this is a little thing. Sure.

E: Poll gone! You gotta report it next time, tho.

E: watched the new ep! Goddamn but the Kyoto students are jerks. And Toudou is so unrelentingly weird. I'd fogotten how over the top it all is, lol.

Mappa sure does love throwing Megumi through buildings tho. And I appreciate Maki's motivations.
"Why did you decide your calling would be running around fighting monsters you can't even see?"
"Spite."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Ehhhhhh

I'm supposed to be on break but this is a little thing. Sure.

E: Poll gone! You gotta report it next time, tho.

E: watched the new ep! Goddamn but the Kyoto students are jerks. And Toudou is so unrelentingly weird. I'd fogotten how over the top it all is, lol.

Mappa sure does love throwing Megumi through buildings tho. And I appreciate Maki's motivations.
"Why did you decide your calling would be running around fighting monsters you can't even see?"
"Spite."
Thanks so much!!! I appreciate it!!!

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
8vq9bs8h97061.jpg

yuji
Lol!

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yoooooo.

Alright. This arc. THIS ARC.

This is what fucking sold me on the manga that started at the end here. Actually forgot it was this soon and not later, but there's some serious shit that's gonna go down.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao at Fushigiro getting crushed at every fight
Is he the genos of jujutsu kaisen?
Lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish they got Kira's VA from Jojo to voice Nanani given how he kind of resembles him (that's not just me right?) but oh well...

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Is EVERY episode going to have a huge gorgeous sakuga-fied fight sequence? This show is just firing on all cylinders, wonderful stuff.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Some of the best and absolutely worst scenes in this anime happened in this week's episode. Hopefully that character being a pervert gets toned-down going forward, a Mineta/Sanji is not what this series needs.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Some of the best and absolutely worst scenes in this anime happened in this week's episode. Hopefully that character being a pervert gets toned-down going forward, a Mineta/Sanji is not what this series needs.
I'll just say you're not gonna have to worry on that front. Todo isn't like that.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Todo is a goofy character, but he's definitely not a pervert.

Don't put him next to Mineta that's actually an insult lol.

Jun 22, 2019
If you don't want Todo shit-talked, then he shouldn't have his first impression to the audience be a stupid "What's your type of woman?" followed by fanservicy shots of bikini-clad women. Todo is indeed pretty fun (and he doesn't go the Mineta route whatsoever thank god), but the first impression the guy makes of himself is legitimate horseshit, and don't you fuckers try to deny that. ;-P

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If you don't want Todo shit-talked, then he shouldn't have his first impression to the audience be a stupid "What's your type of woman?" followed by fanservicy shots of bikini-clad women.
This.
I will trust what you and RochHoch here said regarding the character, but this is a godawful first impression of a character I was actually excited to see because he looked pretty cool in the opening.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Asking what type of woman you like is perverted how ? The guy was not disrespectul at all with any of the women he interacted with in the episode.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't want Todo shit-talked, then he shouldn't have his first impression to the audience be a stupid "What's your type of woman?" followed by fanservicy shots of bikini-clad women

this fucking sucked and felt super out of place. I dropped MHA for their shit and I'll do the same here if it continues.

Last edited:

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just let the show speak for itself, if Todo is a good character then it'll reveal that in short order. Was Todo and Mai supposed to have left a positive first impression anyway?

Jun 22, 2019
Just let the show speak for itself, if Todo is a good character then it'll reveal that in short order. Was Todo and Mai supposed to have left a positive first impression anyway?

Just let people shit-talk how stupid the first impression of a character is, geez. It was dumb AF in the manga, and it's dumb AF in the anime too. Todo being fun later doesn't change his first impression being crap. Y'all could have more substance to your knee-jerk defensiveness if they didn't choose to have that slideshow of bikini-clad women as Todo's background visuals for his stupid "fetishes tell me about people" dialogue, lmao. Pervert/sex-pest characters are so ubiquitously shoved into shounen series that it should not be surprising whatsoever that this episode could raise some red flags, and it's super obvious where those red flags come from.

Last edited:

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just let people shit-talk how stupid the first impression of a character is, geez. It was dumb AF in the manga, and it's dumb AF in the anime too. Todo being fun later doesn't change his first impression being crap. Y'all could have more substance to your knee-jerk defensiveness if they didn't choose to have that slideshow of bikini-clad women as Todo's background visuals for his stupid "fetishes tell me about people" dialogue, lmao.
??? I agree with you. I don't understand why people are so defensive either, if the character is a good character then he'll be a good character, no one needs anyone to "reassure" them.

I haven't read the manga either so I'm speaking in general.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Todo 100% comes off badly in his first appearance, I don't think that's up for debate. He's not Mineta or even Sanji, but resting the foundation of his character on his assessment of your taste in women (though he does say men too, so props for that I suppose) is deeply weird and does play into objectivizing attitudes.

Ultimately, he does show himself to be a mensch and a genuine badass later on, but... yeah.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Todo 100% comes off badly in his first appearance, I don't think that's up for debate. He's not Mineta or even Sanji, but resting the foundation of his character on his assessment of your taste in women (though he does say men too, so props for that I suppose) is deeply weird and does play into objectivizing attitudes.

Ultimately, he does show himself to be a mensch and a genuine badass later on, but... yeah.
I just remembered that he

clearly got into doing this through Yuki's influence. She asks the same of Geto and that other kid shaman in her intro scene. Not that it makes it better.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Just let people shit-talk how stupid the first impression of a character is, geez. It was dumb AF in the manga, and it's dumb AF in the anime too. Todo being fun later doesn't change his first impression being crap. Y'all could have more substance to your knee-jerk defensiveness if they didn't choose to have that slideshow of bikini-clad women as Todo's background visuals for his stupid "fetishes tell me about people" dialogue, lmao. Pervert/sex-pest characters are so ubiquitously shoved into shounen series that it should not be surprising whatsoever that this episode could raise some red flags, and it's super obvious where those red flags come from.
He didn't ogle anybody he didn't harass anyone you still haven't explained how he is a sex pest. You can not like it if you want to but comparing him to characters like mineta is nonsense.

Jun 22, 2019
He didn't ogle anybody he didn't harass anyone you still haven't explained how he is a sex pest. You can not like it if you want to but comparing him to characters like mineta is nonsense.

For hopefully the last time: This episode had red flags that he could potentially go the Sanji/Mineta route for those who don't read the manga. Todo did not perform any sex pest actions, but the way he was framed (with fanservice shots as his literal background) makes it appear possible in the future, especially to viewers tired of that shit who have had enough. Please refrain from strawmanning this a 3rd time.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
So i like the show a lot.. but the pacing feels REALLY off.
Friendships/camaraderie seem to blossom suddenly with no real moments developing them and I don't know anything about the school itself. What do they do in school? Have classes started? It's really odd.

I'm hoping eventually the show slows down and organically develops the characters and setting a bit instead of just jumping from one curse to another.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I'll just say: "One of these is not like the others..."
🤣 whatcha referring to? Lol
Friendships/camaraderie seem to blossom suddenly with no real moments developing them and I don't know anything about the school itself. What do they do in school? Have classes started? It's really odd.

I'm hoping eventually the show slows down and organically develops the characters and setting a bit instead of just jumping from one curse to another.
Yeah, we need some cool slice of life moments of the golden trio goofing off more. But I also like we got a new intense case coming up!

Jun 22, 2019

I don't even remember if anything happens to establish what goes on at the "school" in the manga.
It just feels like a location for sorcerers to live/train at between missions. I dunno if they take online classes or what to learn math/science/history/lit/etc, lol.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the technical school is even more of an excuse school than most Shonen highschools, lol. 3 students to a class, no time spent in a conventional classroom that I can remember. It's a base for active Jujutsu Sorcerers and a place for training new ones, but it's not a real highschool by any normal standard.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Underwhelming episode for me again, but I'm glad to see some "teaching" happening even if it's not at the school.
Not sure how I feel about the goofy tone of the show. Severe tonal whiplash at points. I'm so close to loving the show so hopefully they figure that out.