• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I'm kinda interested to start this, but is this one of those series where innocent bystanders or non main (or main) characters die needlessly? Does it get depressing lol. Answer in spoiler if needed, I don't really mind :P

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying the show so far.How many episodes left?

It's gonna have 24 episodes in total.

I'm kinda interested to start this, but is this one of those series where innocent bystanders or non main (or main) characters die needlessly? Does it get depressing lol. Answer in spoiler if needed, I don't really mind :P

It has comedy relief, but it also doesn't stray from being dark. It isn't needlessly edgy.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There's a particularly gruesome scene with some innocent bystanders in one of the recent episodes, otherwise there has only been one (or maybe two) scene where only the "after the fact" was shown (ie. bystanders already dead). But the show is not particularly depressing in that sense, it's more in line with other shounen series mood, has jokey moments and silly characters and such.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
The after episode scene 😂

Expecting twitter to go wild about the eyes.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Itadori and Gojo's interactions after the fight were killing me lol. Even having read the manga, I forgot how much I enjoy their dynamic.

Loved how they animated Gojo's domain. MAPPA just keeps delivering.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, Gojo is too beautiful.
I read the manga so I knew what was coming but damn... This anime isn't kidding around.

Can't wait for bro to show up soon.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Gojo!

I thought Jogo was already having a bad time but then even the after credits scene decided to dunk on him.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Gojo is legit just hax. So goddamn strong lmao.
Sounds good.Do we know if there will be multiple seasons or will they be able to wrap the story in one season?
I doubt they get current in one season, but they'll probably get close? It hasn't been running for a very long time, not even 200 chapters yet, and a lot of those are action stuff which animate quickly. They probably stop right before the current arc begins.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Gojo is legit just hax. So goddamn strong lmao.

I doubt they get current in one season, but they'll probably get close? It hasn't been running for a very long time, not even 200 chapters yet, and a lot of those are action stuff which animate quickly. They probably stop right before the current arc begins.
no way it makes it that far. 50 episodes sure, but not at the pace it is going.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
spoilers my guy
that is at least 5-8 episodes and is the second-longest arc so far.
Thing is, if you count the Mahito vs. Mechamaru fight, this current arc has been going since chapter 79. If we assume 26 eps total, so 2 full cours, that's only a hair more than 3 chapters an ep average, which seems doable with how much action is coming up.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Thing is, if you count the Mahito vs. Mechamaru fight, this current arc has been going since chapter 79. If we assume 26 eps total, so 2 full cours, that's only a hair more than 3 chapters an ep average, which seems doable with how much action is coming up.
I see ending after the death painting arc and teasing the past arc goodwill event is going to end around episode 17, and that is being generous of 3 episodes per chapter. edit: chapter 79 kinda ends with the beginning of a new fight.I feel like starting the past arc this season won't transition to well due to the break betweens seasons.

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably the darkest one since Tokyo Ghoul but it hasn't turned comically bad like that did, it's pretty solid.

Why you gotta remind me of Tokyo Ghoul.....

Part 1 was amazing and the first half of RE was good its just that the author got burnt out over his own work which is why the second half was all over the place. I fully believe that he really should have taken a short break right after part 1 of Tokyo Ghoul otherwise he wouldn't have lost his passion over time in RE.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

Part 1 was amazing and the first half of RE was good its just that the author got burnt out over his own work which is why the second half was all over the place. I fully believe that he really should have taken a short break right after part 1 of Tokyo Ghoul otherwise he wouldn't have lost his passion over time in RE.
Furuta memeing was the only good part of 2 tbh. Amon was totally wasted on P2 too :(

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
In regards to where season 1 will end

With the pace they are going with they will either stop at the baseball event or stop right at the beginning of the Origin of Obedience arc.I really don't think they will cover the Origin of Obedience arc unless they really want to rush it.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
In regards to where season 1 will end

With the pace they are going with they will either stop at the baseball event or stop right at the beginning of the Origin of Obedience arc.I really don't think they will cover the Origin of Obedience arc unless they really want to rush it.

Yep. the last half of RE had its moments, but man was it a mess in not just plot but characters and panels.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
It's probably the darkest one since Tokyo Ghoul but it hasn't turned comically bad like that did, it's pretty solid.

Yep. the last half of RE had its moments, but man was it a mess in not just plot but characters and panels.
Season One Tokyo Ghoul was amazing. Iconic.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
New-star-trek-shows.jpg

Reaction pic is actually semi-relevant.

Welp...

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
What's crazy is that the manga is way better ahahaha. Its not even a joke.

Although the Anime opening is definitely iconic even till this day. Gives me chills especially as I remember the good ole days of when I first started the series.
I avoided the anime like the plague, though the OP is hands down one of the most iconic openings for an anime released in the last two decades.
Season One had cool moments too besides the great OP and ED
cwgi21V.gif

Jun 22, 2019
I'm firmly in the "Tokyo Ghoul was always bad, even the manga" camp.

As for the JJK anime, it's been giving me way more "Bleach+Naruto fusion (but better)" vibes than the manga ever did. In fact I've even re-read parts of the manga recently, and those vibes aren't anywhere as strong as the anime version.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'm firmly in the "Tokyo Ghoul was always bad, even the manga" camp.

As for the JJK anime, it's been giving me way more "Bleach+Naruto fusion (but better)" vibes than the manga ever did. In fact I've even re-read parts of the manga recently, and those vibes aren't anywhere as strong as the anime version.

Heh I can understand not liking Tokyo Ghoul, but calling the manga bad is a reach lol.

I've read bad manga and Tokyo Ghoul is not it.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really liking the story and reading the manga alongside the anime, but I was told the animation here was amazing and tbh I'm not feeling it, it has its moments like a few parts of last episode, but overall everything else is pretty static and lacking detail in most scenes, right?

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Finally watched the last 3 episodes and Love how they animated Gojo's power! I think the animation is actually pretty good. It's no demon slayer or fire force, but it has its moments like this recent episode.

the thing is this series has a lot of battles ( like BlackClover a lot) so I think the animation and effects will wow later on

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched the last 3 episodes and Love how they animated Gojo's power! I think the animation is actually pretty good. It's no demon slayer or fire force, but it has its moments like this recent episode.

the thing is this series has a lot of battles ( like BlackClover a lot) so I think the animation and effects will wow later on
This. I think they missed an opportunity with the animation, tho. While good, this could have been a "DANCE OF THE FIRE GOD" moment had they choreographed and composed the episode a little bit better.

Still, this is only the beginning, and given this is a 24 episode season, Gojo still has a LOT to flex.

Jun 22, 2019
I'm really liking the story and reading the manga alongside the anime, but I was told the animation here was amazing and tbh I'm not feeling it, it has its moments like a few parts of last episode, but overall everything else is pretty static and lacking detail in most scenes, right?

I'd call it serviceable and at times good, but nothing remarkable and certainly nothing to write home about.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
This. I think they missed an opportunity with the animation, tho. While good, this could have been a "DANCE OF THE FIRE GOD" moment had they choreographed and composed the episode a little bit better.

Still, this is only the beginning, and given this is a 24 episode season, Gojo still has a LOT to flex.
Agreed. Demon Slayer was straight up leaving people stunned within the first few episodes, but I think I was more impressed with the manga version of this Gojo fight.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

The difference between the Gojo fight and episode 19 fight in Kimetsu is that the former was a onesided beatdown. It was cool af, but it didn't have any of the build up and emotional pull that episode 19 of Kimetsu had. The reason why episode 19 was amazing was not only because the animation, but also the build up, music, and characters up to that point.

Even if the Gojo fight had the visuals and choreography it still wouldn't have been as impactful. I will even go as far to say that it was probably one of the weakest fight in the manga and that says a lot because it was a cool ass fight.

The Mahito fight and the Hanami fight are the fights for this season if animated fantastically can be the real standouts. Heck I also felt like the Nanami vs Mahito first confrontation was a better fight than the Gojo vs Jogo because of how intense it felt. Something about Mahito's ability is straight up ruthless.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The difference between the Gojo fight and episode 19 fight in Kimetsu is that the former was a onesided beatdown. It was cool af, but it didn't have any of the build up and emotional pull that episode 19 of Kimetsu had. The reason why episode 19 was amazing was not only because the animation, but also the build up, music, and characters up to that point.

Even if the Gojo fight had the visuals and choreography it still wouldn't have been as impactful. I will even go as far to say that it was probably one of the weakest fight in the manga and that says a lot because it was a cool ass fight.

The Mahito fight and the Hanami fight are the fights for this season if animated fantastically can be the real standouts. Heck I also felt like the Nanami vs Mahito first confrontation was a better fight than the Gojo vs Jogo because of how intense it felt. Something about Mahito's ability is straight up ruthless.
Yup, CAN'T WAIT.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Could someone provide a GIF of Gojou looking all cute and telling the volcano guy to touch his hand please?