• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm loving each episode more than the last. They keep this quality up all season and Jujutsu Kaisen is gonna become a monster

Favorite OP and ED in a while too

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot get any of my friends to read/watch almost any series I rec for love or money. No idea why. Been stumping for this and Radian but nada.

I got two people I dole out *novel* recommendations to like candy but even the one of 'em who watches anime won't give me the time of day when it comes to this stuff, lol.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot get any of my friends to read/watch almost any series I rec for love or money. No idea why. Been stumping for this and Radian but nada.

I got two people I dole out *novel* recommendations to like candy but even the one of 'em who watches anime won't give me the time of day when it comes to this stuff, lol.

What do they usually watch? When it comes to my friends if I know they enjoy action stuff with intriguing characters I usually show certain scenes or give them a broad description of what to expect.

But I kinda understand though because I do have one friend who loves watching Seven Deadly Sins, yet will never give Kimetsu no Yaiba a single chance even when I know he would enjoy it lol.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What do they usually watch? When it comes to my friends if I know they enjoy action stuff with intriguing characters I usually show certain scenes or give them a broad description of what to expect.

But I kinda understand though because I do have one friend who loves watching Seven Deadly Sins, yet will never give Kimetsu no Yaiba a single chance even when I know he would enjoy it lol.
Almost all the same stuff I do lmao. That's why it's so weird!

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Radiant? Is that actually good? I watched the first 2 or so episodes a long time ago because my friend wanted to just try something random and we dropped out lol. And I've heard literally nothing about it. Like literally nothing.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Radiant? Is that actually good? I watched the first 2 or so episodes a long time ago because my friend wanted to just try something random and we dropped out lol. And I've heard literally nothing about it. Like literally nothing.
Okay, so, the anime is pretty bad. It's not a particularly faithful adaptation, and most of the stuff they tweak is for the worse. But the manga is absolutely top-shelf. Takes a couple volumes to really get rolling but hoo boy. It's got this great, organic worldbuilding with a refreshing lack of power tiers, and it's not afraid to take a swing at real-deal social issues and politics. Very solid characters (that the anime messed up, grumble mutter grumble), and gorgeous art.

Umm, is this gif broken for anyone else? Just freezes at the same moment everytime.

Yeah, same. Right when the nails are about to drop, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Lol who would've thought my gif would carry two pages of discussion I call that a win
00c98339a9fe598367af85244ce0a50f88d12a1e.gifv

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had no idea we had an OT, well done

This gif will had a lot of use in the future lol
descarga-1.gif

Jun 22, 2019
I watched episode 4 and then re-read the manga portion of it, and I still much prefer the manga version despite the good production value of the anime. The events just flow much better in the manga format IMO, but hopefully that won't always be the case.

Also as somebody who hates flashbacks to things we've already seen (especially with reused animation), I'm not keen on how much mini-flashbacks we're getting already to events only a few episodes ago (it's not like Naruto levels of bad obviously as these instances have been relatively brief, but I see it as a major red flag considering how even the first episode had reused flashbacks). When Itadori is trying to hold back the energy barrier in the manga, there's no flashback visuals to accompany his thoughts, whereas in the anime there's a bunch of short ones to episodes 1 and 2. It makes sense to fill the time needed for his inner monologue with some sort of visuals, but I was hoping for just a more creative portrayal of the curse energy tearing apart Itadori's body during that time rather than flashbacking back 3 episodes. (His "I'm weak" scene right after did actually have a flashback portion in the manga though, so I can't really whine about that bit.)

I just hope the flashbacks don't get longer and longer as the series goes on to fill time (I mean I hope the flashbacks go away entirely, but at this point, it seems unlikely.)

I get a kick out of insubstantial changes to events in adaptations (I love it when a portrayal is entirely reworked for the better to account for different mediums, but tiny changes that don't really alter anything amuse me). One funny detail that got changed for some reason in this episode: Sukuna is supposed to slap the high-level in the face which knocks it to the ground, but for some reason the anime decided to make him literally grab its face and push the high-level down instead of it getting bonked.
Also the anime didn't show the up-close impact frame of when Sukuna's foot stomps the high-level in the face - that's just a bummer that they left that panel out for some reason.

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is this the first episode to have a little end credits scene instead of just a "next time on" segment?

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
They really went extra with the Megumi beat down. Dude got yeeted through about 10x the amount of walls than the manga version. Fight (stomp?) looked pretty good though.

Not sure I'm going to be able to get used to this hair color for Maki.

The are we going to elaborate on the panda named panda line got me haha.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Yuuji went from last episode not wanting to die to forcing back control of his body, so he doesn't get used as an hostage and dying. Metal as fuck.

And yeah, kind of insane that Megumi got thrown through several buildings lol.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand the Megumi beating was over the top, but on the other hand I love that we are getting some good sakuga which has me excited for later fights.

So honestly Im pretty damn happy lol.

The Gojo vs Jougo fight is gonna be crazy.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Me thinking about the manga: "Wow, Fushigoro getting smashed through that building was pretty crazy, I don't remember him being that durable later on, even with Nue helping take the blow."

MAPPA: "Wait, what"

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Me thinking about the manga: "Wow, Fushigoro getting smashed through that building was pretty crazy, I don't remember him being that durable later on, even with Nue helping take the blow."

MAPPA: "Wait, what"

The animators got too excited for their own good lol.

Can't wait for someone to gif the scene where he get's blown through multiple buildings lmao.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
They really went extra with the Megumi beat down. Dude got yeeted through about 10x the amount of walls than the manga version. Fight (stomp?) looked pretty good though.

Not sure I'm going to be able to get used to this hair color for Maki.

The are we going to elaborate on the panda named panda line got me haha.
Lol they made a deal about Yuuji punching through the wall before then this guy gets blown through a ton of walls and stuff and still survives.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
They can't make a big deal about Yuji bursting through a wall then have Megumi still standing after being blown through several buildings and several walls

This feels like MAPPA got too excited (reminds when Bakugo flew hundreds a feet through the air in rescue arc even though in the manga he couldn't escape and he only flew a feet of the ground)

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They can't make a big deal about Yuji bursting through a wall then have Megumi still standing after being blown through several buildings and several walls

This feels like MAPPA got too excited (reminds when Bakugo flew hundreds a feet through the air in rescue arc even though in the manga he couldn't escape and he only flew a feet of the ground)

Eh, I'm not sure about that. In the first episode Megumi was surprised how strong and fast Yuji was despite "not having cursed energy". So I'd assume that this cursed energy makes anyone tougher than normal humans, including Megumi himself.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, this show is straight up fire!
That opening, that ending (dem moves)!

And the animation is slick as hell, really surprised me how good this is. If they keep this up it's going to be Anime of the Year for me easily.