• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there are definitely some martial arts fights in the series.

Especially with the Yuji and Todo team up and the fight between Yuji vs Choso.

Let's just say it's a mix, but farther out there.
There are martial artists in it, and they fight with martial arts, but like - it's not about that. I think the HxH comparison is a lot better, right down to setting "rules" that can empower you in some ways while restricting you in others. I think Nobara is sort of the illustrative example. If you have a character whose fighting style is "pound nails in monsters and make them explode," that's not really a martial arts series any more lol.

That Yuji fight in the bathroom is top tier though. Cannot wait until that gets animated. Gonna be jawdropping. Additional shoutout to Megumi's broken-ass dad.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
There are martial artists in it, and they fight with martial arts, but like - it's not about that. I think the HxH comparison is a lot better, right down to setting "rules" that can empower you in some ways while restricting you in others. I think Nobara is sort of the illustrative example. If you have a character whose fighting style is "pound nails in monsters and make them explode," that's not really a martial arts series any more lol.

That Yuji fight in the bathroom is top tier though. Cannot wait until that gets animated. Gonna be jawdropping. Additional shoutout to Megumi's broken-ass dad.

I can definitely agree with that. If Mappa animates the rest of the series really well then we are gonna be in for a treat for future fights.

Yup that fight between Gojo and Toji if animated really well is gonna be absolutely incredible. Toji is legitimately ridiculous in the way he fights. Straight up hardcore lol.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm soooo happy so far how well this was adapted.

Nobara is so well done I like her already way kore than in the manga

Oct 25, 2017
1fae83b556fd5b30920dd1b648393e395ecf118e.gifv

2009d3e6c102643daeb0427c1a35b79b793ef186.gifv

Oct 25, 2017
I'm conflicted. I usually stan a lightning boy...but how can I sit here and not adore fushiguro and his majestic hands and anime curses

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Great episode but I have no idea where the anime is heading if we already know that Sakuna is much more powerful than a class-S curse who absorbed a finger.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode but I have no idea where the anime is heading if we already know that Sakuna is much more powerful than a class-S curse who absorbed a finger.
From how Sukuna was all for teaming up with the curse until it attacked him, and how the episode ended with Itadori unable to regain control, I assume this arc is meant to establish that Sukuna can't be used as a crutch.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
So is this sorta kinda like early Bleach?
I'm trying to remember early Bleach and "Hollow" Ichigo. Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo had internal battles for control but I don't think Hollow Ichigo ever really took full control. Hollow Ichigo was awesome though. Thanks for reminding me how cool he was in the manga lol.
7b656e60ba7b4697e3d8a9a166a7fa4e5819183b.jpg

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
read the first few chapters of the manga and thought they were pretty alright but the anime elevates this one to another level.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Ok, for Manga readers, can someone answer this without any details, does Yuji's crazy physical abilities before eating the finger ever get addressed or is it one of those things like in JoJo that the author eventually just forgets about?

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, for Manga readers, can someone answer this without any details, does Yuji's crazy physical abilities before eating the finger ever get addressed or is it one of those things like in JoJo that the author eventually just forgets about?
I wouldn't spoil that tbh.

As someone that has only watched the anime, it doesn't seem like anyone is going to forget about it. In episode 3, he was literally called out for being able to punch through concrete (and being unsurprised about it)

And before his grandfather died, we learned there's something he (and we) don't know about his parents

I'd maybe wait longer to ask that question before we're spoiled on whether or not it is a thing we should be concerned about

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't spoil that tbh.

As someone that has only watched the anime, it doesn't seem like anyone is going to forget about it. In episode 3, he was literally called out for being able to punch through concrete (and being unsurprised about it)

And before his grandfather died, we learned there's something he (and we) don't know about his parents

I'd maybe wait longer to ask that question before we're spoiled on whether or not it is a thing we should be concerned about

Yup definitely this if you are an animeonly viewer.

I would just wait until the anime progresses. It's better that way.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
So far this anime is fantastic. I really like all the characters too, especially the main character. It's nice to have a shounen MC who isn't a total bonehead or has an annoying ass voice.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody got some sick ass gifs?

Like the energy around Nobara's nails?

I have to convince sone people to watch this 👀 and to think that we are not even 1% into the craziest powers in the show makes me so excited.

My fav Gojo has to be fabulous in the anime

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Damn, they really got destroyed on their first mission together.

Went from 'happy go lucky' to 'everything is fucked now' so quickly, seeing Yuji get roughed up like that was hard to watch.

Wonder how Megumi going to deal with something that's above a special grade level as shown from the preview.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody got some sick ass gifs?

Like the energy around Nobara's nails?

I have to convince sone people to watch this 👀 and to think that we are not even 1% into the craziest powers in the show makes me so excited.

My fav Gojo has to be fabulous in the anime

Honestly if you go to

/jujutsu kaisen | Page 2 | sakugabooru

/jujutsu kaisen | Page 2 | sakugabooru

There are a lot of clips that show the action scenes.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I love the way that the ink-brush outlines on the cursed energy make it look just... unreal compared to everything else.

God, what an episode. Yuji finally gets some power, winds up, shoves it right into the bad guy's face, and it does FUCKING NOTHING. This whole arc is a mood.

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the way that the ink-brush outlines on the cursed energy make it look just... unreal compared to everything else.

God, what an episode. Yuji finally gets some power, winds up, shoves it right into the bad guy's face, and it does FUCKING NOTHING. This whole arc is a mood.

Anime that subverts the usual shit already gives me great vibes lol

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The bad guy not even flinching because he's on another level is one of the most shounen tropes lol. As is the protagonist having a evil form thats super powerful but they don't want to use it. Im waiting for something to truly separate this show, because the most interesting aspect thus far is just that his mission involves ultimately having to be executed (which I don't really believe will happen for a second).

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bad guy not even flinching because he's on another level is one of the most shounen tropes lol. As is the protagonist having a evil form thats super powerful but they don't want to use it. Im waiting for something to truly separate this show, because the most interesting aspect thus far is just that his mission involves ultimately having to be executed (which I don't really believe will happen for a second).

True, but I meant the part where he punched really hard and got nothing from it :P

Gojou shitting on Sukuna takes new meaning this ep lol

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Not much else to say beyond this being a really great adaptation. Glad they're not holding back with the gore.

More like shadow puppets. Fushigoro makes the shape of a corresponding animal to summon it.

You also have the two domain abilities with the naruto handsigns.

That's cool tho. I was wondering what those signs were based off of.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like this is great. I'll wait till the season is done to watch, really looking forward to it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but that's usually something they do to sell the bad guy's invulnerability to an old power, thus inspiring growth. Having them *completely* no-sell the attack with that growth factored in is a lot more unusual. Even if the hero's new power isn't up to snuff, they'll usually at least get a "not a bad hit" kind of reaction. This fucker didn't even stop giggling.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy I forgot the beginning of this manga (until around the flashback arc), the anime is even more incredible that way. Good thing I didn't do a re-read recently ^^.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I am a bit disappointed that the new special curse had another of the fingers, it makes the world feel smaller.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I am a bit disappointed that the new special curse had another of the fingers, it makes the world feel smaller.
They're not really treated as anything special after the intro, just plot McGuffins whenever they're needed.

MANGA SPOILER
Poodlestrike I want Shibuya animated to see can see

Gojo crush Hanami, since Butcher hardcore whimped out with Harry and Rudy

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
lol at Sukuna putting in a good 15 seconds of thought about how to beat screw over Yuji before the urge to stunt on the curse took over.

Surprised Megumi got another scene that looked pretty cool for just being him running in a hallway/corridor but whatever works.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
They're not really treated as anything special after the intro, just plot McGuffins whenever they're needed.

MANGA SPOILER
Poodlestrike I want Shibuya animated to see can see

Gojo crush Hanami, since Butcher hardcore whimped out with Harry and Rudy
Oh, cruel.

You don't fall all at once. It's a matter of degrees, always has been. Harry legit turned into a monster for a moment there, some shit'll happen again.