• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Show is amazing! Kugisaki is life lol I'm gonna update the OT later with her added. As we head towards the end of the season, I'm gonna change the poll to who is your favorite character like I did with Demon Slayer and I'm totally gonna pick Kugisaki if nobody cooler than her arrives lol

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm liking this show a lot but people in the reddit threads are simping to degrees I don't even understand. Like these characters "feel so natural like real people" etc like bruh they feel like anime characters. Solid ones so far but not like beyond anime status lol.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

I'm liking this show a lot but people in the reddit threads are simping to degrees I don't even understand. Like these characters "feel so natural like real people" etc like bruh they feel like anime characters. Solid ones so far but not like beyond anime status lol.
Lol oh and how do you define simping?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Got kinda turned off after realizing this is based on an ongoing manga. This is gonna be one of those shows that's never gonna end isn't it?

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Really enjoyed the team dynamic going here with the introductory episodes and I'm hoping to see how it develops more.

Kind of a weird way to end the episode though (and when it transitions into the ed, lol).

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Facts which is why I wanted icyflamez96 to define what he thinks simping even is

I commonly see it used as someone putting something on a mega high pedestal. I my case I'm not saying it for that, (I'm not callin it out because people are loving things, I mean there's a lot good here) but some of the specifics of what these comments are saying seem to just be warping reality lol.

There was a thread that caught my eye started by a person saying they feel like "real people" and not just anime characters (to which he excluded only the principal lol). Like these are solid introductions but this definitely doesn't transcend anime to "real people" status.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on the concept of the show, but I like that this is still ongoing. I just looked at the chapter count and I'm like "only 126". Yeah I'm good.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Got kinda turned off after realizing this is based on an ongoing manga. This is gonna be one of those shows that's never gonna end isn't it?
Author said this in a recent interview:
"I have already decided on the end of the manga and also the main arcs of the story. The path between the two remains fairly free."

Though that last part may not ease your concern.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
TBH this is actually a feeling I get. They're still definitely *characters*, but they're characters that feel like people as opposed to characters that feel like caricatures or idealized representations. They're like real teenagers, to a much greater extent than most anime teens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

What is this poll? Obviously the hair strand is the least worst plus you won't be severely weakened by *checks notes* water.
I voted finger 😎

I think Devil Fruit is in the lead because One Piece is crazy popular and because most don't realize there are downsides to Devil Fruit.

And don't worry. I'm gonna change the poll to who is your favorite character in JuKai later down the road lol

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
What is this poll? Obviously the hair strand is the least worst plus you won't be severely weakened by *checks notes* water.
For one, the powers in One piece are way cooler than the superpowers in MHA. For another, our world isn't a big ocean with a bunch of islands you can only reach by boat, avoiding water is rather easy. But even in OP it's hardly ever a bother when one of them hits the water. Of course the finger just gets you cursed, so that's the obvious one to avoid.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really curious on how Mappa are gonna animate the Domains. I guess we'll get the first one with Sukuna.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
....you have a Jojo avatar
I mean, JoJo "restarts" every once in a while, it doesn't suffer the problem other big shounen have where it just keeps going and going and kinda starts wandering aimlessly. (Sure Part 7 took 7 years and Part 8 is at it's 9th year, but that's more due to changing to the Seinen magazine and becoming monthly, on average Parts before that took 3 years to finish off)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea this is the best ED I've seen all year. Watched two episodes so far, I like it

Oct 25, 2017
Ooohhhh we got Lotus liking the show... that's great. Now we just need one more piece... Blackleg-sanji1 lol
Didn't even know there was a thread let me make my entrance
tenor.gif

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I can easily say this is my favorite ED of all time. The fact that I'm actually urged to watch it and not just skip it already puts it in the top 5%.

TBH this is actually a feeling I get. They're still definitely *characters*, but they're characters that feel like people as opposed to characters that feel like caricatures or idealized representations. They're like real teenagers, to a much greater extent than most anime teens.

Well as long as it's not literally.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know beforehand: is this yet another shonen where the female team member is forgotten or jerked around by the mangaka?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know beforehand: is this yet another shonen where the female team member is forgotten or jerked around by the mangaka?
Well, we're only 120 odd chapters in ("only"), so there's still plenty of room to fuck up, but so far I'd say Nobara is treated better than a lot of other female team members. She gets fights, has a personality outside of pining for the male cast, etc etc. Fingers crossed.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, we're only 120 odd chapters in ("only"), so there's still plenty of room to fuck up, but so far I'd say Nobara is treated better than a lot of other female team members. She gets fights, has a personality outside of pining for the male cast, etc etc. Fingers crossed.
Well that's good to know. I got alil afraid initially when I saw her powers that it would be a case where it's alil broken so the author like I'm not gonna use you alot

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's good to know. I got alil afraid initially when I saw her powers that it would be a case where it's alil broken so the author like I'm not gonna use you alot
She's definitely more of a secondary character than Megumi and Yuji, but she regularly gets action scenes and she's come up clutch in a few fights. No spoilers, but I'm mostly happy with how she's handled.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yea Nobara is great and her interactions with everyone especially with Yuji is fantastic. As you have seen from episode 3.

She has a quirky personality that makes her character shine. She's the last character you should be worried about in terms of being handled properly. I say the author has been good about handling the characters so far.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
So on a scale from 1 (Hajime no Ippo) to Kenichi (5) to Tower of God (10), how crazy unrealistic is the fighting in this?

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
What can I say? This is already my AOTY. Just... Incredible.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed this ep would also include

Megumi vs Sukuna

Kinda cheesed it didn't.