• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
For stances, I found myself using tiger more and more on small groups, it seems faster than to use crane. But also I almost never use the wallruning tricks as I usually miss and also it's annoying to lure enemies near walls.

Also, I found a Yakuza 1 reference,
had a smoke in the Little Asia construction area and one of the guys there started talking about how the Bantam bar used to be called Bacchus and that many people were murdered there once.
I missed that little reference. And technically that area is an entire Yakuza 6 reference since
it was pretty much burned down by Yuuta as part of 6's plot

For wall running, are you pointing the stick at an enemy when launching into an attack/grab while on the wall? If you don't its insanely inaccurate. I aim at an enemy when leaping off the wall and it works almost every time.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So... i bought the beyond best friend forever ability that supposed to charge your ex gauge a lot when you meet a friend in the streets.... but when i do, it doesn't even charge a fifth of one bar of the gauge.... what gives? Is it a glitch? Does the game didn'y register that i bought the abilities?

Because it sucks, just beating one guy fills more than that

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Got the 500 points in Pinball so I can just leave it now. I know it's just an existing game on Steam for whatever reason but I wish it was better. I was looking forward to some pinball when they first announced it as one of the minigames but this table was bad. And the physics weren't great either.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm honestly finding the combat the worst of any Yakuza game I've played, except for Dead Souls obviously, and probably 1.

It's a good thing the other stuff is pretty great but it's starting to get a bit slow in chapter 6. Drone racing has also become a bit of a grind to find parts and while it's way more fun that pocket circuit, it lacks up he charm and everything else that was around pocket circuit. It feels like nobody cares about it with that empty lobby with just one NPC.

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
i was going to try to platinum but then i heard you have to do stuff like mahjong, and i HATE that. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah combat... im not a fan of yagami's combos at all. Way too much... animation. I wonder if maxing out combo speed helps.

I don't really get the point of crane style... like it doesn't really seem to be that much better for crowds? Maybe there are skills worth dumping into that makes it better for crowd control.

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
Yeah combat... im not a fan of yagami's combos at all. Way too much... animation. I wonder if maxing out combo speed helps.

I don't really get the point of crane style... like it doesn't really seem to be that much better for crowds? Maybe there are skills worth dumping into that makes it better for crowd control.

I feel like Crane's move set is wider sweeping, so you can hit more people with one movement, where as Tiger is more straight forward and not as wide.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
So, I had a question. I've been doing friend stuff and I've been seeing this one guy just walking around town a lot that has a friend icon above his head. He keeps appearing near me pretty often, too. I'm fairly certain I haven't maxed his friendship but I can't talk to him. I'm in Chapter 2 and he started to appear near the end of Chapter 1, I think. How do I interact with him? Anyone know what the trigger is?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
How is Judgment & the Yakuza series take on Tokyo? Is it a 1 to 1 recreation? I'm going there later this year & thought it would actually be a good idea to roam the streets in those games to get a feel for it.

It's not 1:1, but it's crazy how well it captures Kabukicho.

I actually went there last month, and I managed to navigate to my hotel from the train station by memory, despite never actually having set foot there before. My hotel was by the square on the upper left corner, just where it is in the game. The Gindaco I regularly went to is in the game. There's even a stupid parking lot in the game, exactly where it is in real life. The Champion District is a bit different than Golden Gai, but the overall feel comes across. The only thing I really miss in the game is the Godzilla head.

One thing the game doesn't really manage to communicate - walking past a manhole and getting a whiff.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
So, without any spoilers, when can I expect the game's pace and stakes ramp up after the first chapter? I'm still in this first case and just got past the part where you have to find a Yakuza in his office with the drone then sneak in, and this chapter is kind of just a slog. Maybe it's because I'm not as invested in the characters as I was going into a new Yakuza game, but this opening just feels like its taking forever.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Always seem to screw up the timing for Flex Fissure, even though I've bought the skill that makes it easier to pull off :/

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
So, without any spoilers, when can I expect the game's pace and stakes ramp up after the first chapter? I'm still in this first case and just got past the part where you have to find a Yakuza in his office with the drone then sneak in, and this chapter is kind of just a slog. Maybe it's because I'm not as invested in the characters as I was going into a new Yakuza game, but this opening just feels like its taking forever.

Around midway through Chapter 2/beginning of Chapter 3. There's a fairly wild over the top chase in the main and things pick up there, and the side cases start opening up and are fun.

Always seem to screw up the timing for Flex Fissure, even though I've bought the skill that makes it easier to pull off :/

Hold down square until right before the last second.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I've played every mainline Yakuza game except for 6 and Kiwami 2, but I've never finished one. There are so many things about those games I find appealing - Kiryu is a great character (among many other great characters), interesting stories, fun side missions - but the little annoyances eventually add up, and I always fall off before the end.

Something about Judgment is grabbing me in a way that no Yakuza game has, and I don't exactly know why. Obviously, it's the same city, yet again. Yagami is likable and well acted, but not as cool as Kiryu. There are some nice quality of life improvements over the Yakuza games I've played, but it is largely the same experience. The investigation sequences aren't deep or innovative, but I am really enjoying them.

Regardless - so far, so very good. I'm still very early in, but cannot wait to play more.

Oct 25, 2017
This game has slowly become my go-to game after work, despite the fact that I have like 4 great games I'm working through right now. I just kind of love the meandering nature of it -- which is shared with Yakuza, given what little experience I have with that -- the "closeness" of the city (unlike a modern open-world game, I can actually commit to memory most of the places I see in Kamurocho and how they all fit together), and even the small things like remembering the check the fridge every now and then puts a smile on my face for dumb reasons. The balance of the dramatic with comedy feels a little bit more refined here than in Yakuza, though I'm not sure that the overall story is as interesting as your average Yakuza game.

I took advantage of the summer sale to nab a few Yakuza titles on PC; 0 and Kiwami 1. I've played the original, and had fond memories, but fell off the boat around Yakuza 3 or 4. When I tried to get into Yakuza 0 on PS4 it was a big swing and a miss for me -- I just wasn't ready to step back into that world / gameplay. I think now I am, having been somehow softened up by this game.

I need to find a way to change the main character's pants, though. They don't work for me.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
I have to hold it? Lol, great. Missed that somehow, always tried pressing square before the end... Thank you.

I read it and I still took a minute, the way the prompt looks you'd think you have to time a button press instead of hold and release one.

Once you get it down it's awesome. Just flings guys around.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Around midway through Chapter 2/beginning of Chapter 3. There's a fairly wild over the top chase in the main and things pick up there, and the side cases start opening up and are fun.
I'd say Chapter 4 is where the story really picks up in a substantial way. At least it felt that way for me. I'm now in Chapter 7 and the story is so good.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
as always in all yakuza games, some of these EX action are so confusing, with some commands that overlap over each other so you'll never really know which action will come out sometimes! I love it but it's quite annoying, lol

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Looks like I need to win a turn on mahjong while I have a thing above my name to fill one of the friends bars up.

Can't see me doing that now. Shame, I've got to 38 already so was hoping to get them all.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Once you get to like Chapter 5, I don't see how reviewers can claim this is a typical Yakuza story. This is getting way more into corporate crime etc and I'm loving it. Yes there's ties to the Yakuza but it's as a conduit to the bigger stuff IMO.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Looks like I need to win a turn on mahjong while I have a thing above my name to fill one of the friends bars up.

Can't see me doing that now. Shame, I've got to 38 already so was hoping to get them all.

Talking about the Warame style Mahong friend?

I haven't tried this method but couldn't you use the equivalent of the peerless tile (forget it's name in Judgment but dude in sewers is selling it) after you make sure you're the person with Warame to start?

IDK, I really think people should give learning Mahjong a go, I did it through these games and I'm an idiot. It took like an hour of focusing to learn, all I did was read the in game guide, check out a guide on GameFAQs, and play a the beginners table for a bit. Now that the tiles have western numbers on them, it was a lot easier to learn than my previous attempts like in Yakuza 0 or Kiwami 1.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
next game really needs to do something about tailing missions. boring, tedious, too long and too many.

i don't know shit about mahjong but was able to do it. just have a reference for all the combinations available. you only have to win the round as the warame and not the entire game. still counts if you lose.

Talking about the Warame style Mahong friend?

I haven't tried this method but couldn't you use the equivalent of the peerless tile (forget it's name in Judgment but dude in sewers is selling it) after you make sure you're the person with Warame to start?

IDK, I really think people should give learning Mahjong a go, I did it through these games and I'm an idiot. It took like an hour of focusing to learn, all I did was read the in game guide, check out a guide on GameFAQs, and play a the beginners table for a bit. Now that the tiles have western numbers on them, it was a lot easier to learn than my previous attempts like in Yakuza 0 or Kiwami 1.

i played it a few times in previous yakuza games but this time i spent like...maybe 10 minutes watching a video to get a vague idea of what you were supposed to do and man i couldn't have been more off. i thought it had something to do with the pieces you were putting down. i still don't have a clue about the directional stuff of pieces in the middle of the board though.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
i played it a few times in previous yakuza games but this time i spent like...maybe 10 minutes watching a video to get a vague idea of what you were supposed to do and man i couldn't have been more off. i thought it had something to do with the pieces you were putting down. i still don't have a clue about the directional stuff of pieces in the middle of the board though.

Just focus on getting pairs, triplets or quadruples of the same tile, or small straights (3 tiles in a row, like 2-3-4, or 5-6-7). The rest will fall into place pretty easy. I suggest you do it with all simple tiles first (no directional tiles, no dragon tiles, no 1 or 9 tiles of any suit).

I don't pay attention to any of that stuff in the middle regarding prevailing wind or whatever, it's all just score multiplier anyway. If you focus on just winning most hands you'll do better

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is there something up with the English dubs audio quality? It just seems like lower quality audio than other games.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Man, midway through chapter 5 the story gets really good and sets itself apart from the typical yakuza feud early on.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just focus on getting pairs, triplets or quadruples of the same tile, or small straights (3 tiles in a row, like 2-3-4, or 5-6-7). The rest will fall into place pretty easy. I suggest you do it with all simple tiles first (no directional tiles, no dragon tiles, no 1 or 9 tiles of any suit).

I don't pay attention to any of that stuff in the middle regarding prevailing wind or whatever, it's all just score multiplier anyway. If you focus on just winning most hands you'll do better
Pretty much what I do as well. No stealing as well for the most part. Granted you miss out on some high scoring hands, but it tends to work far more often than not.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Trying to finish God Eater:Resurrection so I can start this(well, i technically booted it up.lol). The grind man, the grind;(

Last edited:

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Whats the best way other than side cases to make money? I'm so broke after angel investing and drone parts. Literally have 309 yen to my name in Chapter 6

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best way other than side cases to make money? I'm so broke after angel investing and drone parts. Literally have 309 yen to my name in Chapter 6
Get a free pass, play VR mode. That's literally all you need. The long course in VR gives you 1 mil per run, maybe double if your good. Heck, even if you do bad you get 700Kish.

Oct 25, 2017
Once you get to like Chapter 5, I don't see how reviewers can claim this is a typical Yakuza story. This is getting way more into corporate crime etc and I'm loving it. Yes there's ties to the Yakuza but it's as a conduit to the bigger stuff IMO.

It's a story like the typical Yakuza series story in that it's a convoluted conspiracy which just gets deeper and deeper the more you dig. But yes, the legal and corporate angles do lend it a different character than being exclusively centered on yakuza feuding.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
What's up with the restaurant Beef Zone? you can walk in, but no one talks to you (at least in my playthrough). I keep expecting a new friend or something there, but nada. Still in Chapter 6 so maybe later I guess.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Play passes are way too rare.
Play baseball in challenge mode. Every time u win at a challenge u get a pass. Not sure if u can repeat, but if you can just repeat the easy challenges. Get the baseball gloves and golden bat from the friend at the batting cage to make it even more easy.

Just unlocked the VR minigame today and love how it mixes a dice board game with real Kamurocho with crazy visual effects.

Crane style is for crowd control. When thers alot of enemies against you, you can damage alot of them with the legs combos. Also if you grab an enemy and push it torwards a wall in crane style the Ex move will damage multiple enemies, while In Tiger it will only gamage the enemy u grabed. Tiger style is better to 1vs1 or just few enemies, as its slower and the atacks focus on 1 enemy at a time, but deals more damage.

For the dudes that attack me in the street i use Tiger mode, and in story battles where thers like 10 enemies against me, i use Crane Style untill just the boss and a few are left then switch to Tiger style.

Last edited:

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Just came across the Save data bonus having recently started the game.

Does that have anything to do with the demo?