• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Happy with the English VAs.

SEGA did a great job with Binary Domain, Lost Paradise, and this game.

Oct 24, 2018
Is it just me or did they change the mini-map? It's really counterintuitive, and I don't remember it being like this in Kiwami 1&2 and 6...

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Beautiful OT

Currently at chapter 5, 14 hours in and I'm enjoying every moment. The tailing was fun at the beginning but after the 3rd-4th time it became very boring

Story is solid, intense from the beginning. Build up pace is great! Yakuza team really should be credited and praised when it comes to story-telling

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
While I'm enjoying all the main quest and side cases, I'm not really feeling some of the gameplay changes. I'm already bored with tailing, the damage system doesn't realy seem to add anything besides wasting your time and the friendships aren't the most intuitive in terms of triggering progress. Good game otherwise.

Jul 24, 2018
I got 120k for my first trial run in VR Paradise. 2mil for the last course is incredible.

And yea, the Tiger Drop here feels way better compared to Y6 and K2.

Yea. You see QR codes in certain locations and then you take picture of them with your drone.
Won't need to take pictures of them just have your drone home in on them and you are golden.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Question about one of the trophies:

There's a trophy for completing the game on Legend difficulty. I assume this would involve starting on Legend and not adjusting the difficulty at all during the game (since it seemingly can be adjusted at any time mid-game)? Does the trophy just involve completing the story missions, or 100% completion of all side activities etc?

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Question about one of the trophies:

There's a trophy for completing the game on Legend difficulty. I assume this would involve starting on Legend and not adjusting the difficulty at all during the game (since it seemingly can be adjusted at any time mid-game)? Does the trophy just involve completing the story missions, or 100% completion of all side activities etc?

If it's like the last games then it just means playing through the game start to finish in that mode, you don't need to do the side quests. Pretty sure you can't change out of Legend difficulty once selected, either.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
went back to finish the japanese version since it's out in english now lol and man I have no clue what rgg studio was thinking with the tailing shit. it's so fucking boring and they're usually so good at making fun mechanics out of everything. there's a shitload of it too and it's all the same.

also i feel like this game is somehow even worse at the way it treats its female characters compared to the yakuza games.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone knows if we can visit other towns in this game or is only kamurocho this time?

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Are there extra costumes/skins you can wear? Really looking forward to this, Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Glad the thread worked out in the end! I got the brilliant idea to start the game at 2AM last night but only played the first two tutorial missions. I also started walking around in the first person camera to see what's new in Kamurocho since Y6. I also bought some decorations for the office and cat food because why not?

The combat feels faster than 6's combat (my point of reference as I haven't checked out YK2) but it's a tad bit unresponsive after coming from Y0. I'm playing on a base PS4 Slim and there are some graphical hitches like flickering shadows in the prologue mission. I'm not fussy about visuals/framerate but that's noticeable. I'm sure it looks better on a PS4 Pro. I'm playing it in Japanese with English subs on hard.

One of the things that are annoying about the RGGS games is that most mini-games/activities are gated initially so I'll have to progress. But I'm digging the slick UI presentation. I do wish there was a bio tab of who's who because the game introduces characters way too quickly with some context. I also find it a bit odd that hangout activities aren't voiced but that's minor nitpicking. Again, this only the first 15 minutes of the game or so plus some exploration.
Are there extra costumes/skins you can wear? Really looking forward to this, Tuesday can't come soon enough.
Yes is the answer in my limited time. There's plenty of outfits.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing today and I'm way into it so far, which I expected since I usually like detective stuff. They do just enough to make it feel different from Yakuza which is nice as well. I've found myself just stopping and looking at stuff in Kamurocho which I never really did before. I'm not quite sure what it is but I feel more grounded in the world compared to previous games. I stopped after the first proper boss fight where they introduce mortal blows so looking forward to playing more later.

The English dub is great as well. It was slightly weird hearing English at first since I've gotten used to not having it in these games at this point but the cast so far have all been great.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The English dub I agree is actually very well done. Props to Greg Chun especially. He is great as Yagami.

Oct 28, 2017
How the hell do you activate the combo finisher heat actions? The ones that read press triangle while holding r1 after a combo?

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Do you think the bottomless stomach skill is worth buying in this game? In Yakuza 6 the stomach upgrades were among the first ones I bought, but the exp system is different now.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think the bottomless stomach skill is worth buying in this game? In Yakuza 6 the stomach upgrades were among the first ones I bought, but the exp system is different now.

There's all the xp tied to the rewards for eating each individual food item so it's still worth it.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to press a particular button at the start of a race to engage the "turbo takeoff" skill?

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
The humor in this game is as strong as ever. I'm really enjoying it, going through some tough family times and every time I play the game gets at least one heartfelt smile or laugh from me

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason the street fight opponents have names or is it just so they don't feel like a swarm of faceless enemies?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
End of Chapter 4 spoilers
Holy shit at that twist at the end. The moment the phone started ringing in the office I was sure he was dead and hidden there but then you get the "This is Shintani" part and think he is alive right before the body crashes to the ground. So intense.

Seems like story is finally picking up.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still in ch1 but my phone says dlc avaible but nothing shows up in the ps store. Do i need to progress further or is the dlc coming later?

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Loving the game, but I think I've hit a bug. I'm at the beginning of Chapter 4, and whenever I message Sana to get her to hang out, she doesn't spawn. Kind of a bummer.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The voice actor for Kaito is great, so much so I looked him up. It's Crispin Freeman and I couldn't believe he's 47 years old, looks almost half that.

Feb 4, 2018
End of Chapter 4 spoilers
Holy shit at that twist at the end. The moment the phone started ringing in the office I was sure he was dead and hidden there but then you get the "This is Shintani" part and think he is alive right before the body crashes to the ground. So intense.

Seems like story is finally picking up.
That scene was absolutely insane!!!! And yeah, it felt like there had been no progress in the story for a while and suddenly with Shintani it's picked up steam again.

Loving the game, but I think I've hit a bug. I'm at the beginning of Chapter 4, and whenever I message Sana to get her to hang out, she doesn't spawn. Kind of a bummer.
This happened to me too during chapter 4, but progress further in the story and she'll show up again!