• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
As a PC owner, this is functionally equivalent to Ryu Ga Gotoku spitting in my eye.

Kidding! They're alright. I mean, they did give me 7 Yakuza games in like 2 years.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just hoping the PC version will come soon after it, not one year or something, because their schedule has already been busy on the PC side between Yakuza 3-5 and 6 that comes out in march.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wait, I'm confused.

To me, the PS5/XSX version looks better because it actually lacks some kind of filter that makes the game look "warm".

In the comparison thumbnail, the left image looks more natural to me...

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, I'm confused.

To me, the PS5/XSX version looks better because it actually lacks some kind of filter that makes the game look "warm".

In the comparison thumbnail, the left image looks more natural to me...
That filter is supposed to make the game look like a drama and Nagoishi himself said they wanted that look for the game to make it different from Yakuza.

That they removed it is some weird decision to say the least. It gave the game a lot of atmosphere.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
From the screens I've seen, the PS4 version looks way better to me and I already own it, so I'm not going to buy the game again.

I'm a bit soured on Sega after the Yakuza 7 PS5 staggered release and no cross-save.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Fingers crossed PC modding community figures out a way to add the original lighting back like they did with Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

So... if this is correct then pinball might well be cut from the current gen port of Judge Eyes. I'm... conflicted. On the one hand I dont like content getting cut. But... the pinball machine was awful, aside from the actual mini game itself - what a boring pinball machine, I've played a few dedicated pinball collections and have limited exposure to the genre, but I know how much better good pinball machines can be, I really disliked how jarring it was starting the mini game what with that ugly Unity splash screen popping up - kills my immersion outright and reminds me I'm playing a videogame within a videogame.

In actuality its probably a licensing thing. And I'll count my blessings that Taiko remained unscathed in 5's remasters as that would have been a horrendous cut.

Im also curious as to what changes could be made to the arcade. Judge Eyes arcade on the PS4 has the best selection in the entire series so I don't want to see any cuts there. Adding more is fine (like, Outrun was not in the PS4 version so feel free to put that back in, or better yet - new games) but I'm completely against them cutting anything. That said, Im kinda curious if the Puyo requirements will be reduced in the port since so many people complained about it in the original version. Again, not a change I'd really welcome but they've done it before. At least that one wont really affect the game negatively.

Lastly, I can't help but kinda chuckle at some of the complaints regarding its lighting/graphical change. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan. at all. But... this is the sort of thing I've been pointing out about the remakes of 1 in places, and especially Kiwami 2 in loads of places, and yet its always brushed aside as being "nitpicking".

At the end of the day, thankfully the PS4 version plays excellently on the PS5, the only thing I'd be missing (assuming I stick to day 1 Japanese version) is the increased performance. A pity, I love 60FPS, but at least I can retain the original Hamura and look/content of the game. And it plays much better than on the PS4 so that's a nice advantage. Much better than having the remasters of 1&2 etc. stuck on PS3.

Was that Goda spinoff "screenshot" ever fully debunked?
Yes and no. I know for a fact its faked, its off a Yakuza modding discord group. But I don't know if there was ever a "fooled you" post.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017

So... if this is correct then pinball might well be cut from the current gen port of Judge Eyes. I'm... conflicted. On the one hand I dont like content getting cut. But... the pinball machine was awful, aside from the actual mini game itself - what a boring pinball machine, I've played a few dedicated pinball collections and have limited exposure to the genre, but I know how much better good pinball machines can be, I really disliked how jarring it was starting the mini game what with that ugly Unity splash screen popping up - kills my immersion outright and reminds me I'm playing a videogame within a videogame.

In actuality its probably a licensing thing. And I'll count my blessings that Taiko remained unscathed in 5's remasters as that would have been a horrendous cut.

Im also curious as to what changes could be made to the arcade. Judge Eyes arcade on the PS4 has the best selection in the entire series so I don't want to see any cuts there. Adding more is fine (like, Outrun was not in the PS4 version so feel free to put that back in, or better yet - new games) but I'm completely against them cutting anything. That said, Im kinda curious if the Puyo requirements will be reduced in the port since so many people complained about it in the original version. Again, not a change I'd really welcome but they've done it before. At least that one wont really affect the game negatively.

Yeah I translated the official site in the thread for the remaster, the website mentioned changes to the games. Kinda salty too as I tweeted at a site doing the same, and they then put up an article saying they discovered it lmao

More tidbits from the Japanese site (I've just woke up so apologies if unclear) :

【PlayStation®4『JUDGE EYES:死神の遺言 新価格版』と一部仕様が異なります】

・ 八神探偵事務所で遊べるゲームを変更

・ CLUB SEGAで遊べるゲームの一部を変更

・ ドローンレースをオンライン対戦からオンラインランキングへ変更

Differences from the (latest price-dropped) PS4 version:
- Changes to the games playable at Yagami's office
- Changes to games playable at Club Sega
- Drone Race's Online Battle feature has been changed to Online Rankings instead

Can't for the life of me remember the games playable at his office, I can only think of the record player being accessible there

The completionism in me hopes they removed PuyoPuyo but Sega still have the license for that right?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I translated the official site in the thread for the remaster, the website mentioned changes to the games. Kinda salty too as I tweeted at a site doing the same, and they then put up an article saying they discovered it lmao

The completionism in me hopes they removed PuyoPuyo but Sega still have the license for that right?
Sega make Puyo games, seems weird they would cut that. And I'm against it being cut. Make it easier to complete if you must, but dont remove it outright, unlike the pinball machine, its a fantastic game series.

I'm curious to see what ends up getting changed in this version. Makes me glad at least for PS5 that I can play all versions of the game on one platform at least! So unlike 1&2, or even 3-5 I don't have to juggle more than one platform to enjoy the different versions.

MoonPhase

Banned
Feb 2, 2021
Europe
I hope PuyoPuyo is gonna be still in it. (And I will try to complete all achievements if they aren't too time demanding and if they are fun.) Can't wait to play Judgment but gonna wait for the Steam release. I didn't play Yakuza 7 yet, so I'm good with waiting for it.
Glad Sega is giving PC players the chance to enjoy these games. But timed exclusivity surely is not a nice or good thing for gamers in my opinion.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Sega make Puyo games, seems weird they would cut that. And I'm against it being cut. Make it easier to complete if you must, but dont remove it outright, unlike the pinball machine, its a fantastic game series.

I'm curious to see what ends up getting changed in this version. Makes me glad at least for PS5 that I can play all versions of the game on one platform at least! So unlike 1&2, or even 3-5 I don't have to juggle more than one platform to enjoy the different versions.
At this point I don't want Puyo Puyo's requirements be lowered. That won't suffice. I want it gone. Actually, I don't want it just gone, I want to see the arcades, and I want to crush them all with a bat as I watch the characters scream in agony and the machines bleeding actual blood.
I mean, sure, lower the requirements. Don't know what got into me.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I just bought this. Such bullshit.

A lot of people don't seem too pleased with how the game looks on current-gen consoles, so you shouldn't worry too much. It is still the same game and assuming you purchased it at a discount, I'd say you made the right decision.

One change I actually would have welcomed with open arms would be if they changed Yagami's main attire. I never liked how restricted he felt in that leather jacket and tight jeans.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017

The new RGG studio survey is... something.

Tweet: "Calling all Yakuza fans! We'd like to hear what you think about our games!"
Survey: "How often do you pay to win in games?"

This ain't it RGG studio. This ain't it.

On the flipside, the thing that got me excited was the mention of The Evil Within and survival horror games. I'm just irrationally happy at the mere idea of that being mentioned on a RGG survey lol

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man this seems like value for next gen versions. I'd much rather have the PS4 version be updated to take advantage of thr PS5 power. What a shame because I was definitely looking forward to trying this one.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I played this on PS4 but I'm looking forward to revisiting it on Series X. It's one of RGGS's best stories.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
The bump reminds me I should finally start the game and finish it before the port releases.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I finished this game a couple of months ago and I was simply blown away by how amazing it is. Definitely looking forward to revisiting it on the PS5.

Ginusagi

Nov 14, 2020
Portugal
I bought this game for ps4 2 months ago, and there's no free/payed update for the ps4 version?
I know I'm unlucky by default but this is also a pretty crappy move by Sega...

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited to replay this next week. Was kind of expecting it to hit Gamepass but I guess I'll just buy it.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Excited to revisit this next week for a few days before Nier hits

We're going up and down you know
We're going up and down you know

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any notable new footage/ previews of the game? It's kind of strange it releases this week to no fanfare at all. Would love to see some more comparisons to the PS4 version to see if it's worth it to buy again.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing has been shown really beyond a few screens and the initial trailer. Not much to really show, it looks slightly different, it runs way smoother... that's it. We'll get a better look at it this week once the Yakuza fans get their hands on it, I'll post anything interesting in this thread when my copy arrives.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Is this really not coming to PC?
I feel like I've been waiting years for it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.