• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Got a couple more comparison shots, one I did myself and one I grabbed from someone else. They really fucked with the color tone and the lighting and I think the game as a whole looks way worse.
M0QiCW3.png
icFCp4x.jpg

BX9N69w.png

noooo

Sega noooo

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
No PC is pretty lame, but it hardly matters when I have so much Yakuza 3, 4, 5, 6 to get through. I'm likely to wait for a cheaper price though since it's going to be much later that I play it

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Since when was Steam competition for Stadia?

It shouldn't be, but then again, Steam seems set to include cloud streaming options from multiple vendors relatively soon (geforce now is already in closed beta), and Steam should have its own service available at some point. How competitive each is and what games actually work will be interesting

RedLangley

Oct 21, 2020
I just played through my PS4 copy, lmao. Probably still going to get the platinum throphy on that one.

Why does the new lighting look so ugly? I imagine this was ported by Sega Europe and there's no actual involvement of RGG Studio.

Also, is there any chance they bring back Pierre Taki? I guess not...

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Same thing happened with Ryu ga Gotoku 7. If you bought it this time last year at release you still need to pay for the PS5 release.

Now that I think of it, there were no upgrades for Zero, Kiwami, or Ishin either.

Yeah it's not the best way to treat fans.

I'd be less annoyed if they offered a cheaper paid upgrade path. That would feel less greedy than making people pay for the full game again.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I liked Judgement quite a lot a few flaws aside (mostly characterization, pacing issues, and side stuff). But I'm going to echo my disappointment in no free PS5 upgrade for those who own the PS4 version. It's a slap in the face to fans. But Sega is all about making money and milking the cow dry. Great news for everyone else who held off on playing it though.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stadia and Xbox over PC lol.

I kinda get Xbox at least, MS has clearly been pushing for ports of the developers games, but Stadia over PC makes no sense.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Oof happy to have held off on this one. I'll grab it when it drops below $20 on PS5

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tak looks older, which I still can't decide if its for the better or worse since sometimes I felt that he looked slightly younger than the age that he was

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Forgive them, since it hit EGS which might as well not exist especially for a fighting game.

PC games are PC games. Storefronts are irrelevant if your main focus is just playing the main game, which would absolutely be the case if Judgement ended up as an exclusive due to that being a single player game. The difference between stadia and EGS/Steam is that Stadia requires its own hardware and it uses streaming that definitively makes the game worse in that form compared to if it were on PC. Making anything exclusive to stadia over PC when they're not even the same audience is just absolutely dumb.

That being said, SS's lack of crossplay doomed it from the start on most platform: Steam would be the same if they didn't add rollback like KOF2002 or Garou, especially this late in time. They really should have done day and date with that game. The SS Neogeo Collection was free for a while on EGS and has crossplay with Steam, yet that online is deader than dead due to the low quality online.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Like a dragon is so goddamn good, I'll have to pick this up at some point. 60fps + load times is all I need, 4k still looks pretty rough on like a dragon so it'd be nice if they used some aa

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Google waited a long time to make its move.

Our household internet's all kinds of flaky, so I ain't buying a stream only game. I'll wait.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
No PC sucks but I can't believe people expected a free upgrade for a 2-3 year old relatively niche title.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
i was disappointed about the lack of a PC version and free upgrade for owners of the PS4 version but then i saw the screens and i'll just stick with that

Oct 27, 2017
i was disappointed about the lack of a PC version and free upgrade for owners of the PS4 version but then i saw the screens and i'll just stick with that
Things like this make me wish we had mods on consoles.

If we did the original PS4 version could be definitive. All it needs is unlocking the frame rate and upping the resolution.
Are there any Yakuza games I should play before Judgment?
Not really.

There are some references to Yakuza but it really isn't that big of a deal. The references are kept in a couple of side quests.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
This is great that more people will be able to play it.

Now, where in the SHIT BALLS is Fist of the North Star?

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully only delayed by a few months.

This is otherwise amazing news though. I've been having an awesome time playing through the Yakuza games on Xbox and PS, and I've almost pulled the trigger on the PS4 version of Judgement. Very glad I waited. Probably day 1, just to support them.
I sure hope so. I just bought the remasters on Steam and plan on picking up 6 (even though I have Game Pass). I can't get excited one bit until I know for sure. Happy for everyone else not impacted by this trash Stadia announcement, though.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it double the price on the West??????

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
PC games are PC games. Storefronts are irrelevant if your main focus is just playing the main game, which would absolutely be the case if Judgement ended up as an exclusive due to that being a single player game. The difference between stadia and EGS/Steam is that Stadia requires its own hardware and it uses streaming that definitively makes the game worse in that form compared to if it were on PC. Making anything exclusive to stadia over PC when they're not even the same audience is just absolutely dumb.

That being said, SS's lack of crossplay doomed it from the start on most platform: Steam would be the same if they didn't add rollback like KOF2002 or Garou, especially this late in time. They really should have done day and date with that game. The SS Neogeo Collection was free for a while on EGS and has crossplay with Steam, yet that online is deader than dead due to the low quality online.
Have you seen the recent stats from the EGS? People aren't buying games there. Even if a few people decide to pick up SamSho there, the vast majority of the people interested in a fighting game on PC won't, making the already small fighting game playerbase on PC even smaller. I'm someone who usually has no issue with buying games on EGS - they are typically much cheaper there than even Steam resellers for me due to regional pricing - but I wouldn't bother buy a fighting game there with the intention of playing online. That's all I was getting at. It was a huge kick in the teeth to have a PC version delayed due to Stadia exclusivity and then when it did arrive on PC, it was on EGS where it had zero chance. Even with the poor netcode, you can still often find people to play with on Discord or among friends. I don't know anybody who has that game on PC.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I bought Judgment on a sale around Christmas of 2019, but only fired it up recently while going through my backlog. Saw the headline earlier, and sadly thought it meant there'd be either a PS4 > PS5 free upgrade, or a $10-15 upgrade cost. Bummer.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Good I bought the superior looking PS4-version. Haven't even started it and I'm not sad since maybe they wouldn't even had considered remastering it if I hadn't bought it.
But I'm positive they will add optional original coloring later on if we protest enough.
Petition?

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Started the game on PS4 Pro and played the second half on PS5 after I got one.

PS5 already smoothed frame rate and any hitches I was having on the PS4 Pro (running on PS5's SSD) .

Should be an even greater experience with native current gen versions. One of my top 2 or 3 games in the Yakuza series.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I didn't know this game but it looks great, I'll probably pick it up down the line for Series X, hopefully it'll make it to Gamepass.

Status
Not open for further replies.