• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit!! I only played a few hrs on PS4 but stopped, hoping it would come over to Xbox so i can have the entire Yakuza collection as digital on next gen ! This was the period when Sega started releasing the Yakuza games on Xbox. Yaaas!

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I am not blind and it actually looks worse.

So we got:

-No cross buy
-No cross save
-No pc
-Graphics seem soul less compared to the original

Just what is this Sega? The more I think about this the more disappointed I get.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Not gonna complaint as I got it for nearly 8e but man, no ps4 upgrade sucks

You're right! The lighting is different, and the model looks adjusted too.

PS4:
87dBQ2j.png

Next Gen:
Wh5ML3L.png

Okay, don't worry sega, I prefer my ps4 version 🤣🤣

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The vibrant tint they had in the original game gave it a less Yakuza feeling. Why they got rid of it is beyond me. It added a lot to the atmosphere.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Even without the cross buy, I might have considered it, but seeing as I am many hours into the PS4 version , no cross save just ends my interest.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, Hokuto ga Gotoku is looking likely to be next, the speed they are putting them on other platforms. Do we know which team at Sega is doing these ports and remasters?

May 15, 2019
Got a couple more comparison shots, one I did myself and one I grabbed from someone else. They really fucked with the color tone and the lighting and I think the game as a whole looks way worse.
M0QiCW3.png
icFCp4x.jpg

BX9N69w.png

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
You're right! The lighting is different, and the model looks adjusted too.

PS4:
87dBQ2j.png

Next Gen:
Wh5ML3L.png
The new lighting is definitely better in regards to how it realistically lights up the scene. Even if light is being cast on someone from one direction, in such a well-lit room as that, you're not going to get cascading shadows across the side of your face. That's not how light works. But that's just the problem: in the original game, it was clearly a stylistic lighting choice, not a realistic one.

What I'm saying is, the new lighting model seems to have been introduced without regard for how the original lighting worked for the game artistically. The PS4 lighting in the top is very stylized, while the XSX lighting seems substantially flatter due to seemingly coming at Yagami head-on, even though it's more "realistic". The materials, while visibly improved (like skin texture), still aren't good enough to make the new lighting model have greater impact. It just makes everything look "off".

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No Xbox One version? I have a series x but still, would be a good chance to put the game there since that brand probably has tons of new Yakuza players

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more surprised that this announcement didn't come in a RGG stream of which the past few had almost nothing in announcements

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Blergh, Stadia? No amount of exclusivity is going to suddenly make me invest in cloud gaming yet, the internet here in the UK just isn't up to snuff in a lot of places.

Already completed it on PS4, and I wasn't the biggest fan of the gameplay (story was great tho) so I guess I'm not in a massive rush to play it again, but still kinda disappointing for now. Until the exclusivity lapses anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It sucks loyal fans, who supported their games over the years, have to buy the whole game again just to get the upgrade.

As much as I love this and the Yakuza games, I'll wait and pick it up really cheap or for it to come to PS+, like I did with Control.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more surprised that this announcement didn't come in a RGG stream of which the past few had almost nothing in announcements
Makes me think this is being done by Sega Europe/America.

Latest Japanese stream was last week and all it had was them mentioning that Yakuza 7 on PS5 was a repackaging of the western release for Japan. So i wonder if they have been involved in anything since the PS4 release of RGG7 last year.

Syrenne

Producer of Manifold Garden
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The part that boggles my mind is that the Xbox version will be available in Japan for under $19 USD. You could just go to the Japanese store, buy the game for $19, and unless they make a separate Japan-only Xbox SKU that doesn't have English in it (which would be way more development effort for...the Japanese Xbox audience...) it'll save you $21? For using a different link?

Edit: Got confirmation that the Japanese Xbox SKU is in fact different from the Western SKU. Weird world!

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Comparison between the PS4 launch trailer:

BJG0Min.png

And the remastered trailer:

iXUO7gH.png

This was the only scene that's similar, so no other trailer image comparisons.

But here are a couple of screenshot comparisons:

PS4:

tVUxsVp.jpg

Remastered:

pODET8i.jpg

PS4:

DCenz6z.jpg

Remastered:

IklcsXh.jpg

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The part that boggles my mind is that the Xbox version will be available in Japan for under $19 USD. You could just go to the Japanese store, buy the game for $19, and unless they make a separate Japan-only Xbox SKU that doesn't have English in it (which would be way more development effort for...the Japanese Xbox audience...) it'll save you $21? For using a different link?
Oh yeah. Will definitely grab it on Xbox then

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks loyal fans, who supported their games over the years, have to buy the whole game again just to get the upgrade.

As much as I love this and the Yakuza games, I'll wait and pick it up really cheap or for it to come to PS+, like I did with Control.
Same thing happened with Ryu ga Gotoku 7. If you bought it this time last year at release you still need to pay for the PS5 release.

Now that I think of it, there were no upgrades for Zero, Kiwami, or Ishin either.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty happy for a Xbox Series version, they skip Xbox One but I can understand why. What I can't understand is why don't offer a upgrade path for PS4 owners. It's bullshit when Sony do it for Spider-Man and it's bullshit now.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

BJG0Min.png

iXUO7gH.png

PS4:

tVUxsVp.jpg

Remastered:

pODET8i.jpg

PS4:

DCenz6z.jpg

Remastered:

IklcsXh.jpg
Ahem. Did you reserve both version ? It looks much better on PS4. Didn't watch trailers

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

BJG0Min.png

iXUO7gH.png

PS4:

tVUxsVp.jpg

Remastered:

pODET8i.jpg

PS4:

DCenz6z.jpg

Remastered:

IklcsXh.jpg

The more I see the more I dislike the way it looks.

Just why did you do this Sega???
Ahem. Did you reserve both version ? It looks much better on PS4. Didn't watch trailers
It isn't wrong. The PS4 version looks better. The filter they had is gone.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
No PC is a real feels bad man. The fact that there's also no cross save means I'll probably just finish my PS4 playthrough.

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
One of the few titles I enjoyed playing in 30fps, with the last gen lighting/filter it came off as a sort of cinematic vibe. I'll double dip digitally when the price drops

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Oh gosh, really? I was planning on grabbing the XBox version so I'd get the Windows 10 version that will inevitably drop -- I'll give this a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.