• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Xbox went from no Yakuzas to all 7 and a Spin-Off in 14 months!

Feb 2020 to April 2021.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, I nearly bought this the other day.

Maybe I'll pick this up when it goes on sale one day

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This game was great.
Not gonna replay it all, but it was still great.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
-No PS free upgrade.
-No One/One X version
-No "PC" version.

How two fuck a single announcement in three different fronts. lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent news for Xbox and PS5 owners.

Annoying if you already own the PS4 version or are playing the games on PC.

I'll be there for the Series X version. Hopefully it has the graphical improvements from Like a Dragon. Playing Kiwami 2 on Series X right now and it looks rough due to poor anti-aliasing. No idea if Judgement suffered from that or not.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Bought.

Hopefully they've added minimap rotation as an option, it was weird that Judgment is - I think - the only game or spinoff in the series that didn't have that option.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Judgement was among the better games from RGS but still not as good a Y0.

Meh, no crossbuy or even upgrade sucks big time.
-No PS free upgrade.
-No One/One X version
-No "PC" version.

How two fuck a single announcement in three different fronts. lol.
lol what the fuck is Sega doing with the no free upgrade path?

I'm not surprised it's not getting a free upgrade likely due to licensing of Takuya Kimura as the main character.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Turns out when you don't have to pay hundreds of people across two studios anymore, it frees up money for moneyhats

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
PC is likely being held by Stadia who wanted some form of exclusivity. Same thing happened to Samurai Shodown.
7d1U.gif

People were so adamant that Sega wouldn't do an exclusivity deal with MS for Y7, and the delayed PS5 release was because of them getting the dev kits late.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
How can a company be so out of touch and despise money that much ?

Well... The same company which has recorded big losses this year.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So so happy. I had to drop the PS4 version despite loving it because the motion blur did my head in.

Separate SKU is frustrating, but they've clearly upgraded it - Yagami's face has been Spider-Manned too and I have mixed feelings about the look of that.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So this game is coming to Stadia but not PC, and Xbox Series X-S, but not Xbox One.

Lol, what in the world

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Ayy 60fps and i guess because it includes the dlc, it's another "goty" version sold seperatly. No steam though, Stadia must have paid some money for this to happen. I think that they are further trying out the new hardware, not that i expect much changes it's just what i hope.

Oct 27, 2017
You might say that upon finding out there is no free upgrade, gamers aren't exactly...reserving judgment.

I'm still interested in this, though.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Damn just beat the PS4 version this weekend. No free upgrade makes it sting less though.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Hilariously enough, I remember this coming out around the time the Yakuza Steam ports first started and thinking "Oh yeah, Definitely gonna get this when it gets to Steam" thinking all the Yakuza titles+this were a lock seeing SEGAs strong PC platform sales

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed it, its up there in my favorite Yakuza games list. Happy for anyone who hasn't played it still.

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Never finished this on PS4. then lost my save upgrading to PS5. Forgot cloud saves were a PS+ perk unlike xbox. Definitley up for playing again.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well I guess it's time to sell that PS4 copy I never opened and then rebuy it on PS5 when it's at least 50% off. Was lowkey hoping this would end up on PC/Gamepass (not that it still can't happen down the road). Though since I still have Yakuza 3-7 to play, I'm not in a big rush to jump into this one quite yet.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy it when it's on sale. I already have the ps4 version. I wonder if they're going to use Yakuza: LAD settings for this version. 1440/60 and 4k/30.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Great for me because I haven't bought the game yet. Not so great for everyone else that already did and won't get a free or option to upgrade. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.