• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I think this doctor needs to be removed from any professional circles. It seems like this ruling is because this guy is claiming to be the patients doctor and they prescribed this crap to them so the hospital should fufill the prescription at least that's what it seems like.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
Hahaha what a country mark.

tommy-wiseau.jpg

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
This is bonkers. Ivermectin is the new hydroxychloroquine for conservatives nutjobs I guess.
Something similar happened in Spain recently. A judge forced an hospital to use a ozone-based therapy in a COVID19 patient. The ruling has been reversed, but there was a huge uproar

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So basically the quack doctor, at the behest of the patient's idiot wife, actually filled out the prescription, but the hospital refuses to fulfill and administrate it on the hospitalized patient (with good reason), so they're suing and the judge found in favour of the doctor... man, there's a whole gallery of stupid here. Failures on numerous levels:
- the patient for (probably) not being vaccinated;
- the patient's wife for buying into ivermectin nonsense;
- the quack doctor for being a snake oil salesman;
- the judge for enabling that doctor.

This is what anti-science and anti-intellectualism in society leads you, I guess. I feel for the hospital, they are trapped here. They'll need to either administrate the drug and endanger the patient, or... well, I don't know what the consequences of disobeying the judge's order would be like in this case. A fine? Criminal charges? Can they counter-sue?

And if they refuse to administrate the drug and the patient dies, they'll be sued again for sure for "not giving a life saving medicine". If they do give the drug and the patient dies, I guess the blood will be on everyone else's hands, though.

I don't think they can do that, since he's hospitalized
actually, maybe they could have?

Hospital should've used this defense:
It's unclear why the hospital didn't mount any defense under a new law passed in the state budget this summer that grants health care providers the "freedom to decline to perform" any service which violates their "conscience," as informed by moral, ethical or religious beliefs.

This judge needs to be disbarred immediately. A judge willfully attempting to defy and delegitimize federal agencies when it comes to healthcare (a field this judge has no actual experience in) has no business issuing rulings on any important matters whatsoever.
100%

which means he'll probably get reelected.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Our non-existent evidence is irrefutable!!!

How many of these morons have to die before they realize this is some snake oil shit.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This is so bonkers! Eh, feed the fucker his horse paste cure-all! Dude's been on a ventilator for about a month now, he's fucked. Should've gotten his shot but he freedomed too hard.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
So basically the quack doctor, at the behest of the patient's idiot wife, actually filled out the prescription, but the hospital refuses to fulfill and administrate it on the hospitalized patient (with good reason), so they're suing and the judge found in favour of the doctor... man, there's a whole gallery of stupid here. Failures on numerous levels:

This is what anti-science and anti-intellectualism in society leads you, I guess. I feel for the hospital, they are trapped here. They'll need to either administrate the drug and endanger the patient, or... well, I don't know what the consequences of disobeying the judge's order would be like in this case. A fine? Criminal charges? Can they counter-sue?

And if they refuse to administrate the drug and the patient dies, they'll be sued again for sure for "not giving a life saving medicine". If they do give the drug and the patient dies, I guess the blood will be on everyone else's hands, though.

If you read the case pdf she's already signed documents relieving the hospital of responsibility if they administer the ivermectin. They've exhausted the standard COVID treatment course and he's pretty much guaranteed to die, so this is her basically grasping at anything to not lose her husband, and then this quack doctor steps in and makes it worse.

I'm curious as to what the laws are around this type of thing. This quack doctor is basically pulling a stupid version of Dr House and trying to prescribe the ivermectin outside of its approved uses.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently this happen before
www.chicagotribune.com

After court order, Elmhurst Hospital says it’s allowing COVID-19 patient to receive controversial drug ivermectin

An attorney for Elmhurst Hospital said at a court hearing Tuesday that a patient whose daughter sued to procure a controversial treatment for COVID-19 has begun to receive the medication. The lawye…

So there is no way someone can sue to force ppl, potential patients to get vaccinated ....but ppl can sue to force hospitals to give ivermectin to their family.

What in thee actual fuck....

Hey, at this point....

🤷‍♂️

Again,

🤷‍♂️

At this point, fuck it. Just let decisions like this be on an individual basis. I am beyond caring at this point.

Its not like there's nothing else that's highly effective out there for ppl to get. And there must be no way anyone can force and enforce mandates for the vaccine....

And ppl complained about a doctor choosing to not see and take any un vaxxed ppl.

Get the fuck out of here with that. This is the other end of that spectrum.

Jan 29, 2018
I wonder if there's some legal quirk here where this Wagshul guy is technically a doctor so the hospital has to treat his prescriptions as valid, but even then it seems nuts to me that a hospital can be forced to follow an obviously harmful prescription.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
If you read the case pdf she's already signed documents relieving the hospital of responsibility if they administer the ivermectin. They've exhausted the standard COVID treatment course and he's pretty much guaranteed to die, so this is her basically grasping at anything to not lose her husband, and then this quack doctor steps in and makes it worse.

I'm curious as to what the laws are around this type of thing. This quack doctor is basically pulling a stupid version of Dr House and trying to prescribe the ivermectin outside of its approved uses.
I guess that's not as bad as I thought, but it's still pretty dumb, because there's really no evidence at all in favour of ivermectin, and meanwhile, farm veterinarians are struggling to find medicine for their horses lately 🙄

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I guess the upside of this is that he is probably going to die anyway so if the hospital plays their cards right they can get out of being sued (cause they are totally getting sued)

Still depressing to read ofc

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Figured as much. As I mentioned, the concern here is expediting this person's death with Invermectin. That's not what physicians sign up for, and doctors should have the ethical authority to opt out of doing it. Let this random doctor perscribe it if that's what the family wants, assuming this doctor has a license in the state and the hospital administration allows him to practice on their premises.

Forcing a good doctor to use this stuff is just unacceptable to me.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Thats so damn sad

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
A judge can do that? What if the next conservarive COVID snake oil is mercury? Could a judge order a hospital to treat people with mercury?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
So the husband is intubated.
This is so bonkers! Eh, feed the fucker his horse paste cure-all! Dude's been on a ventilator for about a month now, he's fucked. Should've gotten his shot but he freedomed too hard.
How will you feed the intubated guy with horse paste? This lawsuit is all sorts of ridiculous and the judge is a dumbfuck.

There are actually many dumbfuck people who get elected to be judges in America.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the hospital just doesn't see it as something worth fighting. There was an AMA last night on the Hermaincainawards subreddit with a doctor working with intubated patients. They said that Invermectin wasn't toxic at normal human doses (not fucking horse sized doses) it just doesn't do anything. I bet the hospital just is just like "whatever, he's gonna die anyways"

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Disgusting story all around. A man dying from a preventable disease has his family conned into paying for a miracle cure from a quack doctor, and a judge steps in to force the actual doctors and nurses to administer it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So, when he dies is his wife going to sue the hospital for administering the dewormer?

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
On the plus side, the quack doctor will probably lose his license for malpractice after the patient dies.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Basically a win-win for the crazies. If he happens to recover, he was probably going to have recovered anyway, but they can claim it was the horse paste. If he dies, they can claim the hospital waited too long and he would have lived but for want of horse paste.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
This doesn't make any sense. Even if hypothetically the drug really did work , the judge is not a fucking doctor to be qualified to do that .

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The hospital lawyers should present a legal tome which the wife will have to sign that this is being administered against the Doctors and the advise of the CDC and they cannot sue when he dies of ivermectin poisoning.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Why not, lets free up another ventilator quicker while she should lose all rights to sue the hospital.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017

How will you feed the intubated guy with horse paste? This lawsuit is all sorts of ridiculous and the judge is a dumbfuck.

There are actually many dumbfuck people who get elected to be judges in America.
This is for the human version which isn't a paste and is prescribed for other things legitimately. Beyond that everything else is bonkers.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
The most concerning thing to me is that this person got a prescription from an actual fucking doctor. I'm not surprised this judge ruled that way.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Do they have kids? Imo there should be a full investigation into the family. I understand being desperate to save your spouse, but there's no way there isn't mental, verbal, emotional or possibly physical abuse happening at their home.
Bit of a leap there buddy. Let their dumbass actions speak for themselves instead of turning this into something it's not

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Judge Howard currently presides over the Substance Abuse and Mental Illness (SAMI) Court, a certified, specialized docket using effective, evidence-based interventions and treatments in a holistic, accountability-based, community-supported, approach designed to enhance public safety by preventing recidivism while assisting participants in taking responsibility for their behavioral health issues and leading a clean and sober lifestyle.
Oh god

Ghgghggh

Banned
May 2, 2018
User banned (permanent): Spreading dangerous medical conspiracy theories and pseudoscience. Account in junior phase.
Seems like a prime opportunity for malicious compliance. Go full holistic medicine and dilute it as much as possible, since the water "remembers" the ivermectin anyway.

A little OT:

This quote is out of line. Many holistic medical practices are evidence based - ie herbs, acupuncture and others.

What you dont seem to understand is Medicine is ruled by pharma- they dictate what is taught in medical school and the non pharmaceutical healing modalities are not where their profits live and so it is not taught. Since doctors are not taught it, many choose to belive it is because these modalities dont work. If only actual medical outcomes dictated research and education rather than profit first, our treatment options would be more vast and effective.

In a way medicine as it is taught and practice and regulated is a type of quackery.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Digging past the headline it sounds like he's dead already, and if the human version of this isn't going to actually do anything to him positively or negatively, why not just give the man and his wife what they want.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
A little OT:

This quote is out of line. Many holistic medical practices are evidence based - ie herbs, acupuncture and others.

What you dont seem to understand is Medicine is ruled by pharma- they dictate what is taught in medical school and the non pharmaceutical healing modalities are not where their profits live and so it is not taught. Since doctors are not taught it, many choose to belive it is because these modalities dont work. If only actual medical outcomes dictated research and education rather than profit first, our treatment options would be more vast and effective.

In a way medicine as it is taught and practice and regulated is a type of quackery.
Lmao

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

The Dr. did not prescribe him horse paste. Ivermectin is sold in various forms, including those safe for human consumption. That said, ivermectin is not approved for fighting covid, under emergency authorization or otherwise.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like the daughter got another doctor to prescribe the shit to her dad and the hospital refused to carry it out. This order forces the hospital to follows the doctors prescription.

So it's not a judge playing doctor, it's a judge saying 'you have to carry out this other doctor's orders'.

Still doesn't make sense. His current attending physicians and their emergency care would supersede whatever he got some quack doctor to sign off on.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The judge should be disbarred, the doctor should lose his license, the anti-vax patient should give up his bed for another vaccinated patent, and the wife should be ordered to stay off the internet and go fuck herself.

Judge Nostrodalek has spoken.