• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

yung-goose

May 12, 2020
This doesn't invalidate Jason's tweet, it just tells us that if Elden Ring is shown in March it won't be at the Microsoft event. I mean, they could just drop a trailer on their youtube channel.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
There's no reason to think because MS aren't showing it, From/BN don't have plans. Elden Rings having a big blowout whenever it shows up wouldn't surprise me. Especially if it's not tied to anyone else's show.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't NAMCO have a strong enough lineup that they could have their own streaming event? Elden Ring, Tales of Arise, Scarlet Nexus, House of Ashes, Digimon Survive + whatever new announcements they may have.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, they could just drop a trailer on their youtube channel.
Honestly, yeah, lol. I get why some publishers prefer to use big events for maximum visibility, but in this case, it's been so anticipated with such an agonizing wait, and the pedigree is so strong, that I sincerely think they'd be fine doing that.

Throw a trailer on their YT channel, label it "From Software's Miyazaki and George RR Martin Presents", and boom, rake in the millions of views and numerous media articles in seconds already. lol

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't NAMCO have a strong enough lineup that they could have their own streaming event? Elden Ring, Tales of Arise, Scarlet Nexus, House of Ashes, Digimon Survive + whatever new announcements they may have.
Sal from Gematsu said it's possibility.

Honestly, I think it's more likely Bandai Namco holds their own event soon.

They filed a trademark for "Bandai Namco Next" not so long ago, which sounds like an event name to me: https://www3.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=EMTM.018365084

They also trademarked this, not sure if related, but just throwing it in here because it looks it could be a new logo or something: https://www3.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=EMTM.018355881

uwIChQC.jpg

They have a lot they haven't shown (Elden Ring, Digimon Survive, Tales of Arise, that one Digimon game they've been working on for 84 years, etc.) and recently acquired Reflector Entertainment, a minority stake in Limbic to develop two new IPs, etc. Also a possible new Sword Art Online game was trademarked recently (Variant Showdown).

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
They do, yeah. Although I guess we could see Tales of Arise next week in the Tales of Festival thing.

I honestly think they'll just drop a trailer or whatever info they have to share randomly. The fact that ER was announced at Microsoft's presser doesn't mean they have marketing rights, and memes aside, when they decide to say or show something people are going to lose their minds and tune in for whatever they do.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sal from Gematsu said it's possibility.

Yeah, with the clammer for ER news, and I think Arise as well, this would be a great time for them to hold their own event because they'll have a bunch of eyes on it to show off games to people who may have not seen those games otherwise.

They do, yeah. Although I guess we could see Tales of Arise next week in the Tales of Festival thing.

I honestly think they'll just drop a trailer or whatever info they have to share randomly. The fact that ER was announced at Microsoft's presser doesn't mean they have marketing rights, and memes aside, when they decide to say or show something people are going to lose their minds and tune in for whatever they do.

I could see the ToF showing something like the Ufotable cinematic along with the reveal of who'll do the theme song for the game, and then the NAMCO event showing gameplay. That way both have a pay off for fans.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Well it's not in your tweet in the OP, people just tried to look for the closest thing, I guess? Even though I doubt MS is even showing any new games at the event Jeff mentioned.
It was a reasonable guess but there are probably other things going in march that we haven't heard about yet, let alone april.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Bamco event? Has Bamco ever done a multipurpose event like that? They have stuff like Tales festival but that is one IP specific.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't recall saying anything about an Xbox event
At any rate you added "could be months" which makes this all a bit of a nothingburger

Not that you suggested it's some big revelation, but it's certainly being treated as newsworthy. Spencer saying in November that he'd played Elden Ring had already assuaged any concerns that it no longer existed.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
At any rate you added "could be months" which makes this all a bit of a nothingburger

Not that you suggested it's some big revelation, but it's certainly being treated as newsworthy. Spencer saying in November that he'd played Elden Ring had already assuaged any concerns that it no longer existed.
I guess you're not reading between the lines here. I have no idea when it'll be shown. But I have seen tangible evidence that it will be shown soon.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, with the clammer for ER news, and I think Arise as well, this would be a great time for them to hold their own event because they'll have a bunch of eyes on it to show off games to people who may have not seen those games otherwise.

I could see the ToF showing something like the Ufotable cinematic along with the reveal of who'll do the theme song for the game, and then the NAMCO event showing gameplay. That way both have a pay off for fans.
Oh, yeah, I could really see them doing that, especially if the potential event isn't too far off.

Really excited about it, hopefully it's a big comeback for the series that elevates it after a few years where I wasn't too into it.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah, I could really see them doing that, especially if the potential event isn't too far off.

Really excited about it, hopefully it's a big comeback for the series that elevates it after a few years where I wasn't too into it.

Yeah, i'm really excited about Arise. While i'm expecting big changes, I really do hope they look into the praise that the cast from Berseria received. I think it had hands down the best cast in the series, and it was a big benefit that it went against the standard cast that you generally see in Tales and other JRPG's.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they can just kinda show it on it's own. MS might have marketing rights but From can still show it I am sure. CDPR didn't need to wait on MS to show their stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
When I say "could be months" I'm saying that I don't know when it will be shown, not that I actually think it'll be months before we see it.
I get it. Why would this footage be floating around unless there were some event happening soon... or perhaps it's held off until E3. We collectively shrug.

Always a comfort to be reminded that it does exist and it's coming and we should all chill the fuck out.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
What does this mean?
It means...that the games media or in this case gamesbeat has 10 embargoes set on tuesday aka tomorrow regarding articles on gaming that could be about game previews, new game announcements, new BUSINESS related announcesments, etc.

The deadline basically for those articles ends tomorrow so we could see a lot of gaming news tomorrow.

VGC: A leaked Elden Ring trailer is being actively circulated in online chat groups
OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

Shiny Man

Nov 18, 2020
Loulé
It means...that the games media or in this case gamesbeat has 10 embargoes set on tuesday aka tomorrow regarding articles on gaming that could be about game previews, new game announcements, new BUSINESS related announcesments, etc.

The deadline basically for those articles ends tomorrow so we could see a lot of gaming news tomorrow.
Thank you, i legit didn't know what it meant. Hype bois.