• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Honestly this is a baffling design decision even without the drift. With the drift it's utterly ridiculous.

I accidentally skipped so much dialogue in the demo.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I don't see the point of this.
Joy Con drifting will make any game worse, DQ11 or any other game, for a reason or another. It is making wrong inputs, after all.

However, this is why i've been using pro controller almost exclusively.

I will buy another set only when they fix it.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017

Mine are currently a mess, up and down on the joystick only registers about 1/3 of the time too, waiting for my Hori Split Pad Pro to ditchthe joycons.

Honestly that sucks and Nintendo should fix it.

But also, if you can afford it you should absolutely get the Pro controller, it is such a giant improvement for docked play.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I like it when they map it to the shoulder buttons because it's easier on the hands than pressing A all the time. (I'd probably also like it in Mk if they gave he chance) but yeah, this backfired.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
This is enough to prevent me from buying the game. Well hopefully it comes out on PS5 or whatever the Switch's successor is. If that console has a decent analog controller/d-pad. It's a little frustrating that Nintendo has so design/build quality issues these days. Of course, it goes without saying that Sony isn't without its issues, but at least the PS4 revision got rid of the disc eject issue.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Why would you even have this as an input option?! Surely having something like A or B to skip dialogue would be the traditional input?!

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you even have this as an input option?! Surely having something like A or B to skip dialogue would be the traditional input?!
A does skip the dialogue.

The only reason to do it is to make the game easier to play with one hand, which is kinda redundant I guess because ZL does the same thing too.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
I frequently get an issue in the right joycon not responding to button presses during heated tetris99 games. That's on top of the drift issue.

The joycons are tragic and is completely unacceptable given the price and how shit they are to play with. I don't expect this from a product that comes at a premium.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Square Enix is not obligated for their game to account for faulty hardware lol.
NoE should be taken to task but because it's in Europe and most big gaming sites are in the US, they're not being pressured at all. It's bullshit
Ironically, my left joy con has started drifting about 7 hours into my playthrough and yes this is quite annoying. While I stand by saying that Square isn't accountable for faulty hardware, this is really stupid anyway. Just let A skip dialogue like every other game ever