• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
thatgamecompany's Journey will release on June 6 through EGS.

The game supports 4K rendering, and is available right now for pre-order at $5, thanks to the Epic Mega Sale, whereas it will revert to its original price of $15 after the sale ends on June 13.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The shock would be if it didn't support 4K (or any resolution) on PC lol

Good this is coming to a wider audience, albeit via EGS exclusivity.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
As much as I'm on the "Fuck EGS" bandwagon but uh...

Please play Journey.

OP
OP
osnameless

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
The shock would be if it didn't support 4K (or any resolution) on PC lol

Good this is coming to a wider audience, albeit via EGS exclusivity.

Yeah, of course.

Btw, kinda related, Flower (the game that came from thatgamecompany before Journey) was released on Steam and GOG as well as EGS last February.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Would be nice if Sony could flip the cross play switch for this one. PS4 version is pretty empty right now.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
This Epic sale regional stuff is just ridiculous. It's 5$ in US which is less than 5€. And for me it's 12€. What a joke.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
steRMe7.png

Sergey, help?

OP
OP
osnameless

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
For $5 I'll buy it. Ty for the heads up

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Is this confirmed timed exclusive or full exclusive? If it's coming elsewhere, later on, I'll wait, but I definitely want this.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it bothers me that the release date isn't specified on the actual product page in the EGS. I actually had to buy it and look at it in my library to see when it releases. what the hell is up with that.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If it's still 5 bucks when I get home, instabuy. Don't mind supporting on other platforms later as well but I feel it will be awhile before it hits the current sale price point again.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Please buy this. I will never forget the experience of stumbling all the way through this game on launch day with some random person I will never know the name of, and it should be experienced by as many people as possible, on every platform

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Picked it up, been a while since the last playthrough. That price and on PC is fantastic, and so soon!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... Why the hell include regional pricing, but not include regional discount? $15 ≠ €15...

I want this :(

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone that hasn't played this game, should. To me, it's one of the few games to engender feelings of loss through how the game is designed. It gives me hope that the world isn't as messed as it seems to be, when someone will sit there and chirp trying to get you to understand what is needed to progress or just chirp encouragement. It absolutely is a necessity for anyone that enjoys video games to play. It's not a deep game, but it is a meaningful game, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
osnameless

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
It's one of the core aspects of the game tbh. You can play without multiplayer but it's not the same
Its mp is integral to the intended experience

Hmmmm. I am dumb. Always thought Journey was one of those artsy single-player games with environmental storytelling and some unique platforming, something like Ori and the Blind Forest. I love those games to be honest.

I've always wanted to try it, and I still hope I like it even though not one for Multiplayer games.

Thank you both for clarifying :D

Last edited:

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I need more technical details. Does this support arbitrary framerates or is there a 60Hz cap?

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
So whatever happened to this company? Heard they were going to release some iphone game ages ago and then nothing.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Hmmmm. I am dumb. Always thought Journey was one of those artsy single-player games with environmental storytelling and some unique platforming, something like Ori and the Blind Forest. I love those games to be honest.

I've always wanted to try it, and I still hope I like it even though not one for Multiplayer games.

They never announced it as MP, and for a lot of people you can't even tell that it's MP at first. The other characters don't have usernames or anything to indicate that they're genuine people, so a lot of us thought they were just bots at first. You only get to find out who you played with when the credits roll.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait on 120FPS support before i buy this again.

Is it confirmed that it doesn't support it? Glad I read your post if so, I was just about to pull the trigger.

Without going to heavy into spoiler territory: it's the way they use multiplayer that makes Journey's environmental storytelling so brilliant. I think it's very important to the experience, but I didn't even realize it was multiplayer until I was almost done the game.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is it confirmed that it doesn't support it? Glad I read your post if so, I was just about to pull the trigger.

Without going to heavy into spoiler territory: it's the way they use multiplayer that makes Journey's environmental storytelling so brilliant. I think it's very important to the experience, but I didn't even realize it was multiplayer until I was almost done the game.

No confirmation on 120fps yet. Just waiting on confirmation before i buy

OP
OP
osnameless

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
It seems some people from Western Europe are actually getting the correct discount. Will remove the part about regional pricing as to not confuse people.

It would help plenty if people said what price they are getting and what their region is.