• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Japan is an archipelago with over 5,000 islands to explore and Kyushu is home to many of the most mysterious and iconic in the country.

As Chris, Natsuki and Joey the Anime Man team up once more to journey across Japan, they'll travel exotic islands, steaming hot springs and smoldering volcanoes on their adventure to Nagasaki.

While Joey wants to visit the island that inspired one of Japan's most loved anime movies and Chris plans to explore an abandoned mine, Natsuki dreams of visiting his ancestorial hometown.

With their 500km road trip leading them to extraordinary locations, both stunning and terrifying, prepare yourself for a side of Japan that you don't see in the guidebooks.

A new series of Journey Across Japan will be coming out on the 5th of June and will be coming out over a peroid of 5 weeks.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait his videos are stunning

Hope the dude from this video is in it too..

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Love me some Abroad in Japan, Chris and the rest are great and the videos, interesting and very well produced.

This already looks pretty intriguing what with that abandoned, overgrown city.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I watched the first episode before I went to sleep last night and it was great! I love heights and planes so now I just want to be in a Cessna flying around a Volcano, stunning visuals. Also, this series seems to have some crazy high production value, at least visually, that Natsuki trailer of him in the hairdressers; sweeping, smoking...etc was beautifully shot.

Oct 26, 2017
I watched the first episode before I went to sleep last night and it was great! I love heights and planes so now I just want to be in a Cessna flying around a Volcano, stunning visuals. Also, this series seems to have some crazy high production value, at least visually, that Natsuki trailer of him in the hairdressers; sweeping, smoking...etc was beautifully shot.

I'm assuming Tokyo Lens was involved since he just released a solo video on Sakurajima. Both Norm and Chris are really good filmmakers at this point.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm looking forward to watching this! I've been following this channel for many years and the Journey Across Japan series are excellent.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'll check out the first episode tonight!

I've been looking forward to this after getting into Abroad in Japan this past year.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Chris Broad and his circle (Natsuki, Ryotaro, Sharla, and everyone else) are easily some of the coolest, most entertaining folks I've ever had the pleasure of watching on YouTube. The Abroad in Japan channel is just consistently amazing, and I'm glad Journey Across Japan is back (with more Natsuki this time!)

Hope you guys are also up for checking out Ryotaro's channel, btw. He recently put out this banger:

No food or entertainment, no banter, just a sobering look at a Japanese election candidate's experience.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's first trip to Japan was cancelled last year by the pandemic, Chris Broad's channel has been a wonderful window into Japan that I missed out on. I stumbled across his channel while sulking about my cancelled trip, and I've been a subscriber ever since.

That said, when the world fully opens back up again and I can go to Japan, thanks to his channel I'll be better prepared than I would have been otherwise.

His other "Journey Across Japan: ______" videos have been great, I assume this one will be no different.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Watched this last night and it felt like it ended too soon. Good first day, even if it looked like it took place on multiple days thanks to Joey's wardrobe changes. While I can understand Chris and his aversion to flying...that app he has pretty much explains just how safe flying is. Even in a single engine Cessna.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chris Broad and his circle (Natsuki, Ryotaro, Sharla, and everyone else) are easily some of the coolest, most entertaining folks I've ever had the pleasure of watching on YouTube. The Abroad in Japan channel is just consistently amazing, and I'm glad Journey Across Japan is back (with more Natsuki this time!)

Hope you guys are also up for checking out Ryotaro's channel, btw. He recently put out this banger:

No food or entertainment, no banter, just a sobering look at a Japanese election candidate's experience.

That was Ryotaros best video so far. He also improves a lot. Chris is just amazing now.

I kinda like Joey, but knowing that he stans for loli anime girls...ugh. C'mon man.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm left wondering if the waterfall but was staged , or perhaps Natsuki was warned. Feels awfully dangerous to do it otherwise. Still staged or no , Chris' stuff is great. I feel a lot of top gear energy in them , especially with the challenges.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm left wondering if the waterfall but was staged , or perhaps Natsuki was warned. Feels awfully dangerous to do it otherwise. Still staged or no , Chris' stuff is great. I feel a lot of top gear energy in them , especially with the challenges.

Chris pushing Natsuki into the water? That was obviously planned ;-)

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Him getting pushed in was staged. The pants were not.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
That was cool. I've never seen a volcano effect the surrounding environment so much, the slopes of Mt. Aso are a real blasted wasteland.

Also I am all about Joeys Junji Ito sweatshirt.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Only watched the first episode so far.

It was really nice as expected. Chris really has an eye for cinematography (and good ass drones :p). The scenery is breath-taking, always loved the vibes in those parts of Japan.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Would have loved to see Connor on this trip. But it's been great so far. Love all of the people Chris films with. Really makes me want to go to Japan.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I was hoping that maybe with how clearly deserted Aso Farm Land was each time Chris went that maybe those igloos would be pretty cheap to book… but Google Maps says even now it's like $270 a night.

So if I ever went back to that area I would probably try to find someplace else to stay.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That second Hotel they stayed at looked amazing. Have to assume all 3 of them will be hungover for the next episode after how much it looked like they drank.

Oct 26, 2017
I've enjoyed watching Chris' channel flourish over the years, he's really grown as a presenter too. I also adore Natsuki's origin story. He's just an incredibly friendly Japanese guy who saw Chris walking down the street one night and wanted to speak to him.

Sharmeleon, who has done collab's with Chris on occasion has a good channel too, much more of a Vlog though.