• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
like people here even know a goddamn thing about the Dallas PD or their leadership.

As someone who lived in Dallas before and after Valdez' leadership, the BLM shooting, and knows the reputation DPD has been improving and developing over the years, the people on Era assuming DPD is just conspiring to kill people associated with this case just sound like clowns
You don't need to think the Dallas PD conspired to kill people to regard what they say with skepticism. There's a conflict of interest here. Personal experience with the Dallas PD isn't needed to see that.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I've known people to drive from Alexandria (Tioga and Pineville also) to Galveston, Texas for 3-5 pounds of marijuana. Also, interviewing suspects that we caught with marijuana about why they drove so far to get it. Main reason was to be in places they weren't well known to be traveling around.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Someone in this thread said Brown shot first. And as someone else in this thread pointed out, Brown's been shot before.

Merritt said Brown had been shot last year when a birthday party at a club in Dallas turned violent. A gunman fired at Brown and some of his friends, hitting Brown in the foot. One person was killed.

Brown was shot in the foot when some asshole pulled a gun at a nightclub. He wasn't dealing. I had the same thing happen to me and missed getting sprayed with bullets by 5 minutes.

Am I a drug dealer too?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
like people here even know a goddamn thing about the Dallas PD or their leadership.

As someone who lived in Dallas before and after Valdez' leadership, the BLM shooting, and knows the reputation DPD has been improving and developing over the years, the people on Era assuming DPD is just conspiring to kill people associated with this case just sound like clowns
Sorry if people that have been hunted by police in such fashion for centuries are skeptical. I just ordered a large veggie thin crust pizza for Dallas PD as an olive branch.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing to keep in mind when evaluating this is the guy in custody who survived being shot is being charged with capital murder. In Texas. That's a hell of an incentive to talk if this was a conspiracy beyond a bad drug deal.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

Brown was shot in the foot when some asshole pulled a gun at a nightclub. He wasn't dealing. I had the same thing happen to me and missed getting sprayed with bullets by 5 minutes.

Am I a drug dealer too?
I wasn't aware of the circumstances of him being shot the first time, thanks.

And I'm gonna be honest, I don't really know much about weed. Do non-dealers tend to have 12 lbs of weed in their apartment?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
One thing to keep in mind when evaluating this is the guy in custody who survived being shot is being charged with capital murder. In Texas. That's a hell of an incentive to talk if this was a conspiracy beyond a bad drug deal.
I know right? I mean, I'm going to go to prison for life, or thereabouts, so the police can get away with this? Yeah...

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
We already know some Dallas PD officers tampered with evidence in the Amber Guyger case:

Guyger's police partner, officer Martin Rivera, who was also romantically involved with Guyger, also faced calls for his resignation. He testified he deleted his text messages following the shooting.

During the trial, testimony revealed that Mata told his subordinate the night of the shooting to shut off her in-car camera system so he and Guyger could speak in private.

Hall described testimony from Sgt. Breanna Valentine about Dallas Police Association President Mata tampering with her in-car video camera.

Regardless of how "believable" this "drug deal gone wrong" scenario is or isn't, it's difficult to solely trust the Dallas PD with anything involving this case.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I wasn't aware of the circumstances of him being shot the first time, thanks.

And I'm gonna be honest, I don't really know much about weed. Do non-dealers tend to have 12 lbs of weed in their apartment?

Fuck no. You're not a kingpin but 12 pounds is way, way outside what a recreational user would have in their home.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Am I a drug dealer too?

"Almost a year before he testified at Guyger's trial, Brown was wounded in a shooting at a Dallas strip club that left another man dead, police said.
Brown believed he was the target in that November 23 shooting and felt there were 'still people out there who wanted to do him harm,' said attorney S. Lee Merritt, who represents Brown's family."

That's pretty significant. He says he believed he was the target of that shooting and has been in fear of his life since.

Last edited:

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I know right? I mean, I'm going to go to prison for life, or thereabouts, so the police can get away with this? Yeah...

That and many other details make the conspiracy angle more difficult to believe. If the cops were going to pin it on someone it seems far better to pin it on a lone gunmen rather than 3 people. What incentive would these 3 have to play along?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
They pretty much sprinkled crack on his body with this story. (Dave Chappelle and average bad cop that plant evidence reference)

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
If he was never caught as a drug dealer how would anyone know unless he had a history?

Is anyone who is brought in as a witness subject to a search without a warrant just because they're showing up to a courthouse as a witness? Not sure what the logic is here.

Feel like I'm talking to 911 truthers here.

Yu Kigono

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, there is no way this is true. The police planted those drugs in the apartment, and are trying to frame these guys.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
If he was never caught as a drug dealer how would anyone know unless he had a history?

drug dealers aren't known for being all that subtle and finding people that buy from them isn't hard. Both the prosecution and the defense would have been asking around about who he was, because if they undermine his credibility his testimony is basically worthless. The fact that NEITHER legal team had *any idea* their star witness sold drugs and the only people that have been known to buy from him live 5 hours away in louisiana defies belief.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but these guys may have been planning to rob Brown and had no intention of actually buying it. Would you rather rob someone who lives 3 miles from you or 300 miles from you? There's a lot of factors that go into this.

I think that makes even less sense because then if you came all that way, got shot, and shot someone why wouldn't you take anything?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think that makes even less sense because then if you came all that way, got shot, and shot someone why wouldn't you take anything?

We don't know what was or wasn't taken. The weed they found was in Brown's apartment, which isn't where they were for this meeting (unless he moved from the apartment where he was Jean's neighbor).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
drug dealers aren't known for being all that subtle and finding people that buy from them isn't hard. Both the prosecution and the defense would have been asking around about who he was, because if they undermine his credibility his testimony is basically worthless. The fact that NEITHER legal team had *any idea* their star witness sold drugs and the only people that have been known to buy from him live 5 hours away in louisiana defies belief.
I'm not sure attacking the witness for being a drug dealer was going to be an effective tactic at the trial. Especially as the subpoena likely would have come up. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...out-how-diverse-juries-behave/?outputType=amp

el oh el

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 1, 2019
Ya, there is no way this is true. The police planted those drugs in the apartment, and are trying to frame these guys.

This dude was posting shit like this on his insta a couple years back. With what we know so far I don't find the Cops version of events unbelievable.

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
You think they went in expecting to be shot? As KHarvey said, we don't know what the other two suspects could have taken so for all we know they could have gotten away with a lot of stuff. Going to take some time for all the details to get out.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This dude was posting shit like this on is insta a couple years back. With what we know so far I don't find the Cops version of events unbelievable.

vJxAcI8.png

A2SBD1E.png

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait wait wait...

Maybe I'm confused about the timeline here but wouldn't the buyers know about the dude being a pretty big deal in the news as a key witness in a high profile case?

Like, wouldn't it be extremely risky to try to pull shit like this on someone you know would garner national attention?

Agnostic

Mar 4, 2019
Nothing about the drug deal and driving 300 miles is strange behavior for people pushing weight. Too many of you are hung-up on those details like it's unrealistic.

Most of you have never run drugs and it shows. lol

Now, who knows if it was a jack or a hit, or if it is a conspiracy.
I'm with you with being skeptical of law enforcement and hope there is indisputable evidence presented in court because this will be a case with a magnifying glass as it should be.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
How the hell does the prosecutor or the defense not know about this big time dealer with 12 pounds of weed and a bunch of carts?

How did there not be rumors about it? That shit would stink up.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell does the prosecutor or the defense not know about this big time dealer with 12 pounds of weed and a bunch of carts?

How did there not be rumors about it? That shit would stink up.

Incompetence? His instagram is in this thread. Do you believe the police hacked his instagram?

None of this story is farfetched at all as someone from the area and familiar enough with the drug scene. I get the skepticism, but a lot of people in this thread clearly dont know what they're talking about with some of the details.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
You people sound really fucking stupid and have clearly never had a single toe in some street shit. Just so you can claim the cops set the shit up, even when the motherfucker who got shot when shit went sideways has confessed to the whole shit and has snitched on his boys to dodge the murder charge.

Hell fucking yeah you drive 4.5 hours for "just some fucking weed', when the dude has 12 fucking pounds and black market THC cartridges for sale.

Like, fuck man, it's okay to think logically sometimes. I'm first on the "fuck the cops" wagon because of my own real life experiences with bad ones, doing me dirty, but sometimes you gotta come off the shit when a dude just got clearly murked.

Keyboard fucking activists see everything like a fucking hollywood conspiracy movie. You've never been there.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I mean seeing as how they have names and are executing warrants I don't think they'd be able to pin these kids on some cover-up attempt. Should be easy to prove that these kids were in contact with brown to purchase drugs and they can probably pull cell phone information to place them all.
at the least i'm going to need weeks of contact records and proof that josh brown was ever in the business of selling drugs.
this soap opera revelation shit with 2 people from out of state, then a person with a gunshot wound and 12 lbs of weed suddenly being connected to a dead major witness is going to need more than just the word of a police spokesman.

That's why I'm not saying definitively the story is true, but 12 pounds is a ton. The idea a drug deal like that just happens in the backyard without weapons involved is ridiculous. People saying "just weed" have missed the point entirely.
12 lbs of weed is literally 12 lbs. like maybe 2 big bags. and with it being legal in 35%+ of the country, it's not super hard to find anymore.
yes people die all the time in drug related incidents, but this is like hearing of someone getting shot at an illegal moonshine operation.
it's not impossible, but it's a lot less probable than it's been before. and with the circumstances around the victim/witness, it just makes everything all the more suspicious.

Last edited:

marches

Dec 18, 2018
Uh. In my shithole of a country planting drugs seems to be the modus operandi of police who wants to get away from killing people. The same case on this one, I'm not buying this bullshit. That said they do work on appeasing the public. So, again this seem sus as fuck.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Those goofy negroes just disbelieving the police all willy nilly! How dare they?!

Like, fuck man, it's okay to think logically sometimes

If someone's logic is telling them to listen to police officers who've already been known to tamper in a case that got one of their own sent to prison, they're a fucking moron/racist at worst, extremely naive/ignorant at best.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every street dude on ERA needs to chime in lol. I'd rather have street niggas put their 2 cents in than the usual racist ass burner account trolls.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
at the least i'm going to need weeks of contact records and proof that josh brown was ever in the business of selling drugs.
this soap opera revelation shit with 2 people from out of state, then a person with a gunshot wound and 12 lbs of weed suddenly being connected to a dead major witness is going to need more than just the word of a police spokesman.

But if they confessed are you saying you still wouldn't believe their confession? Why would they let themselves go down for this that makes no sense?