• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Crazy, I haven't even seen mexican schwag in at least a decade.
Oh, believe me, people are still buying/selling it but the above-average consumer doesn't see it as much because most dealers have a connection for the dispensary grade stuff that is being sold in most states out west. But then again, trafficking several dozen lbs of this is very risky and is mostly done in smaller quantities.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
So the witness gets gunned down days after the verdict sends a cop to jail, and when the same group of cops search his apartment, they find tons of drugs there? Cool, cool, no that adds up, no need to question that series of events at all.

Drug dealers testify against the police in open court all the time. They love calling attention to themselves to the justice system. This is completely normal.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
So the witness gets gunned down days after the verdict sends a cop to jail, and when the same group of cops search his apartment, they find tons of drugs there? Cool, cool, no that adds up, no need to question that series of events at all.

Drug dealers testify against the police in court all the time. It's completely normal.

I mean somebody posted a video above of him with an enormous amount of weed on his instagram... he was also shot a year ago.

Look I get the bias against cops, because I think they're dirty af, but in this case we know the guy was in possession of a lot of drugs and has been attacked prior to this. That doesn't make the story anymore true, but it's not like this is unfounded entirely.

Oct 27, 2017
So, guy had people gunning for him for a while, has been shot before, has been involved in drugs, and has laid low until now specifically because of threats...

But it's the cops. Uh huh. Your bias is showing, ERA.
I'll believe that the guy about to testify against an organization was dirty if, someone other than that organization tells me he is. For someone so concerned about bias, I don't know how you could just so easily accept the Dallas PD's narrative.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I'll believe that the guy about to testify against an organization was dirty if, someone other than that organization tells me he is. For someone so concerned about bias, I don't know how you could just so easily accept the Dallas PD's narrative.

Didn't his own mother say he was lying low after being shot last year?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I honestly would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of state-level cointelpro fuckery going on, but the basic idea of going that far to get a huge weed purchase specifically to resell seems pretty straightforward to me.

It's far-fetched, at least inasmuch as I agree with Bouie that there is no way the Dallas PD had no idea this was going on.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Are we to believe this?

3 guys drive some *check notes* 300 miles from where Brown was *check notes* selling weed and then he happened to *check notes* be armed and *check notes* started shooting due to a deal gone wrong and lastly *check notes* Brown was supposed to testify in a few weeks against the PD.

Hmmspinningemoji.gif

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Problem here is the same PD tried to drum up drug charges on Botham post-mortem on what looked like a cover for Guyger, so idk. You basically start this one with quite a few holes in your credibility regardless of the facts. I don't blame people for casting a weary eye on the dept.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
3 black men committing the crime OVER WEED THEY DROVE 300 MILES FOR and the black police officer seals the deal for me.

shit is fucking crazy

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hate the narrative this will stir, true or not.

Racist police officer murders a man in his own home and she gets 10 years and a hug from the judge as the conversation around her centers on forgiveness.

You already know the level of sympathy extended to murdered black men in comparison.

I'm sure the people in the previous thread who were quick to go #notallcops feel vindicated.

What an exhausting case.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This is why they should hand it all off to the FBI, or something. You know a very large number of people aren't going to believe the local police after a key witness against one of their own is murdered.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Are we to believe this?

3 guys drive some *check notes* 300 miles from where Brown was *check notes* selling weed and then he happened to *check notes* be armed and *check notes* started shooting due to a deal gone wrong and lastly *check notes* Brown was supposed to testify in a few weeks against the PD.

Hmmspinningemoji.gif

I really don't fault the skepticism given the circumstances and the cops, but again the idea that drug deals as big as 12 pounds of weed happen completely unarmed is ridiculous. That is a massive amount of money and the stakes are ridiculously high. Traveling long distances for massive drug deals like that isn't THAT crazy of an idea at all.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
If as much as 40k is on the line I'll drive from Maine to California

The 12 pounds(!!) was in his apartment, along with 4K in cash. These people just left with nothing after driving for nearly 5 hours.

Keep in mind, this specific police department has nearly zero credibility since they happily lied their asses off to cover for Guyger after she shot jean in the first place.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He had 12lbs of weed in his home. I don't think we know what was transacted or if anything was transacted. He was killed in the parking lot.

Oct 26, 2017
Cops killed this man.

Its now clear it was some cops with direct access to the Narcotics office/ Evidence Lock up.

This is the SHITTIEST COVER UP IN HISTORY.

You fucking murdered a man because a cop MURDERED SOMEONE AND FINALLY GOT TIME.

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
Yall acting like driving 300 miles for 12 fucking lbs of weed is some massive journey lol. Its funny reading posts on era still not believing the story and hoping it was somehow the cops even after one dude has snitched in the hospital about how it all went down. Im sure though the evil cops made up the story and are forcing him to take the fall. Along with the two on the run lol.

Sometimes reading this forum is like reading all the crazy flat earth fucks on facebook

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
If people still think the police murdered Joshua Brown, shouldn't the discussion now turn to how 3 innocent men are going to be charged with capital murder?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did Brown move recently? He wasn't found in the parking lot of the apartments where he was Jean's neighbor. Also I'm not sure we have any details of what was actually found at the scene as opposed to his apartment, do we?

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This isn't unbelievable at all. It's fine to engage in healthy skepticism, but all the conspiracy theory shit is out of hand given what we know of the guy and how this allegedly transpired.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't his own mother say he was lying low after being shot last year?
Yes. My own thoughts were that the police took him out, but I also thought that maybe whoever took shots at him before decided to finish the job after seeing him all over TV. At least that was what his mother said a fear of his was.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Cops killed this man.

Its now clear it was some cops with direct access to the Narcotics office/ Evidence Lock up.

This is the SHITTIEST COVER UP IN HISTORY.

You fucking murdered a man because a cop MURDERED SOMEONE AND FINALLY GOT TIME.

Exactly. Cops from THIS SPECIFIC department sat on a witness stand and swore up and down that Guyger's response was "totally reasonable" and that they believed "no crime had been committed" despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary.

And we're supposed to believe that this "drug deal gone bad" story for the defense's star witness is legitimate? GTFO of here.

This isn't an "era hates cops" issue, this is a "this department has proved themselves to have zero credibility" issue.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

like people here even know a goddamn thing about the Dallas PD or their leadership.

As someone who lived in Dallas before and after Valdez' leadership, the BLM shooting, and knows the reputation DPD has been improving and developing over the years, the people on Era assuming DPD is just conspiring to kill people associated with this case just sound like clowns

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017
Its funny reading posts on era still not believing the story and hoping it was somehow the cops even after one dude has snitched in the hospital about how it all went down. Im sure though the evil cops made up the story and are forcing him to take the fall. Along with the two on the run lol.

Tell us all how the defense missed this little detail of a key witness in Amber's case being a drug dealing kingpin during the discovery phase but the big buy happens days after the verdict.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I'll just speak to the weed thing, but I knew a good friend who would routinely drive from NorCal to SoCal to do deals for pounds of weed. That's a good bit longer drive than this instance. 12lbs is a lot (and worth a lot), the distance doesn't seem overly suspicious to me.

I can't speak to the rest. Need more information.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The 12 pounds(!!) was in his apartment, along with 4K in cash. These people just left with nothing after driving for nearly 5 hours.

Keep in mind, this specific police department has nearly zero credibility since they happily lied their asses off to cover for Guyger after she shot jean in the first place.
They left with nothing because one of them got shot and they just committed a murder

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would a drug dealer actually testify in court? That doesn't seem like a good idea for him.

For real though. A dealer isn't going to testify in court and try to continue selling. Also who travels MULTIPLE HOURS to get drugs? When guaranteed you can find someone local.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to believe that someone testifying against the police in a high profile case where a cop gets convicted, would attempt to pull off a major drug deal two days later, in the same city.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
They left with nothing because one of them got shot and they just committed a murder

Why would you shoot the guy you just drove 5 hours to meet in the parking lot when all the drugs were locked up in his apartment? Who does deals for 40K worth of weed with people they don't know?

For real though. A dealer isn't going to testify in court and try to continue selling. Also who travels MULTIPLE HOURS to get drugs? When guaranteed you can find someone local.

also this. It's suicide. That dude had his name and face plastered all over national media. No drug dealer in his right mind would do this, he'd be dimed out immediately by the first person looking to score a favor with police.

But yet, nobody said anything! nobody had any idea he sold drugs until guyer was convicted.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we know what anyone left with. The 12lbs was in Brown's apartment, which unless he moved since the Jean shooting was not where he was shot.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Why would you shoot the guy you just drove 5 hours to meet in the parking lot when all the drugs were locked up in his apartment? Who does deals for 40K worth of weed with people they don't know?
Someone in this thread said Brown shot first. And as someone else in this thread pointed out, Brown's been shot before.