• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, him being a Dragonball Z fan is just fucking perfect.

Fuck whatever asshole killed him for standing up to the police.

Oct 28, 2017
While it is quite a coincidence, remember that people are shot all the fucking time in America so the chances of this actually being not a coincidence are still quite high.
Do not confuse the stats of people in 300+ million getting shot with a specific individual getting shout. It is very very very unlikely to be a coincidence.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
No, they aren't. What a ridiculous thing to say. There are good cops out there who are doing the right thing everyday and are not cunts, bastards, bad cops or otherwise any of the bullshit "All cops are _____" that people like to post on this board. It is prejudice and simply unfair for people to lump all cops into one category like that.

As for addressing the actual story without the level of hysteria shown in your own post, we need to look at all the facts here and get the story straight before burning anyone (or an entire group of people) at the stake. Maybe there is something fishy going on here, or maybe there's entirely different story that we know nothing about. They have no suspect, no motive, nothing to really go on and the story is still developing.

Take a breath, get the story straight and then you can take to the streets with whatever message you want. If you want to take to the streets right now demanding a quick and fair investigation, then great, go do that! But screaming all cops are cunts at the top of your lungs isn't going to help you reach that goal.

Era, knock it the fuck off with this "All cops are _______" shit. It's disgusting behavior and completely unfair to the good cops out there who are doing good work all over our country, and in our communities, in an attempt to keep all of us safe everyday.

Not sure how I'm going to have time to respond to the incoming dog pile I'm sure I'll be receiving for this post, unless of course I get banned first (which would be absurd), but I'll do my best to respond to some of them.
Consider reading The End of Policing by Alex Vitale.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize this until now, but a woman known as "Bunny," who was the first key witness in this case and filmed the crime, also got some shit. She received death threats, was called a "Black Radical," and was fired from the pharmaceutical company she worked for because they didn't want the publicity.

Everything about this case is the craziest shit. I like how when the sentence was given and protests immediately started outside of the courtroom, some white people were all "they should find a better outlet/time to do this." Heh, yeah right. We need more of that.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize this until now, but a woman known as "Bunny," who was the first key witness in this case and filmed the crime, also got some shit. She received death threats, was called a "Black Radical," and was fired from the pharmaceutical company she worked for because they didn't want the publicity.

Everything about this case is the craziest shit. I like how when the sentence was given and protests immediately started outside of the courtroom, some white people were all "they should find a better outlet/time to do this." Heh, yeah right. We need more of that.

admittedly it's not surprising that a pharmaceutical company doesn't wanted to be associated with doing the right thing

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad he didn't have a gun (True Patriot good guy with a gun) as I am sure he would have been able to defend himself against this revenge killing. What does it mean when the good guys with a gun keep killing us?

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
Era, knock it the fuck off with this "All cops are _______" shit. It's disgusting behavior and completely unfair to the good cops out there who are doing good work all over our country, and in our communities, in an attempt to keep all of us safe everyday.

I'm sure plenty of good cops are out there, but they are, consciously or not, complicit in the bullshit, and are direct participants in a heavily-flawed power structure.

If more cops and police departments spoke out against the awful shit that goes down every single day in the US, less people would have the "all cops are ___" mentality.

I get it, it's a complicated issue. Officers are often subject to immense peer pressure and poisonous work culture. Going against the grain often means threatening their job security. But if there are truly that many "good cops" out there, surely a concentrated effort would be enough to make some change happen, yeah? That's why people are so frustrated.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
what a rancid mess. reminds me of how they made Ramsey Orta's life a living hell too for filming Eric Garner's execution.

www.theverge.com

He filmed the killing of Eric Garner—and the police punished him for it

The story of Ramsey Orta is one of continued and unending police harassment.

just like gun violence, we all know cop culture is toxic and in need drastic need of overhaul but nothing ever gets done because that would take self-examination and confronting the realities of racial injustice and built-in white supremacist attitudes/culture in policing.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

Wow holy shit this is the first I have seen of this. Some really ass shit going down here. Now I am worried for her life.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
what a rancid mess. reminds me of how they made Ramsey Orta's life a living hell too for filming Eric Garner's execution.

www.theverge.com

He filmed the killing of Eric Garner—and the police punished him for it

The story of Ramsey Orta is one of continued and unending police harassment.

just like gun violence, we all know cop culture is toxic and in need drastic need of overhaul but nothing ever gets done because that would take self-examination and confronting the realities of racial injustice and built-in white supremacist attitudes/culture in policing.
Appreciate you sharing this, Ramsey Orta's situation is a tragedy and he's lucky to be alive. Harrowing gang retribution shit.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
most of the early BLM leaders who came up out of the ferguson protests have been murdered too

cops are a gang

Aug 2, 2018
No, they aren't. What a ridiculous thing to say. There are good cops out there who are doing the right thing everyday and are not cunts, bastards, bad cops or otherwise any of the bullshit "All cops are _____" that people like to post on this board. It is prejudice and simply unfair for people to lump all cops into one category like that.

As for addressing the actual story without the level of hysteria shown in your own post, we need to look at all the facts here and get the story straight before burning anyone (or an entire group of people) at the stake. Maybe there is something fishy going on here, or maybe there's entirely different story that we know nothing about. They have no suspect, no motive, nothing to really go on and the story is still developing.

Take a breath, get the story straight and then you can take to the streets with whatever message you want. If you want to take to the streets right now demanding a quick and fair investigation, then great, go do that! But screaming all cops are cunts at the top of your lungs isn't going to help you reach that goal.

Not sure how I'm going to have time to respond to the incoming dog pile I'm sure I'll be receiving for this post, unless of course I get banned first (which would be absurd), but I'll do my best to respond to some of them.

You will be dog piled but you are right. And every one of the keyboard warriors shitting on you would call 911 the second their ass was in danger.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You will be dog piled but you are right. And every one of the keyboard warriors shitting on you would call 911 the second their ass was in danger.
It's great how you people come in, make stupid drive by posts without acknowledging the rational arguments made against that position, and disappear with nothing else to say. It's very subtle.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018

If something happened at my home that required police action I'd make sure to have two proofs of address and a photo ID of both me and my wife and I'd ask that she be the one to approach the police when they arrive as I know full well that by calling the police to my home I am inviting danger and a potentially life threatening situation to my doorsteps.

My son is at the age where he loves police cars and officers and it has weighed heavily on me that pretty soon I'll have to explain to him that those people are not his friends and they aren't there to protect him. They are there to arrest or shoot people and you do not need to have done anything for them to perform either action to you.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Who is "all of us" exactly? Let's just get this laid out now: If good cops were actually doing everything in their power for the sake of protecting people, they would not shy away from condemning their colleagues who shame the occupation by using their power to abuse. Each and every time a situation like this happens from the death of Eric Garner, to the death of Tamir Rice, to the death of Philando Castile, to the wealth of abuses in Ferguson, etc. the people who bear the burden of publicly advocating for change are the the black and brown people from those communities. Black people (and allies) end up being their only advocates when the people who are in the most optimal position for enacting the very changes necessary to curb police brutality, those supposed good cops, do little and hide behind the excuse of not wanting to rock the boat or lose their own jobs.

Good cops shouldn't expect to be treated with respect when they make the decision to stay silent and inactive in the face of corruption within their ranks. Being a "good cop" doesn't count for much when you decide not to advocate for citizens when it comes to your coworkers being criminals. That inaction isn't keeping "all of us safe". It's reinforcing and enabling the behavior of corrupt cops to continue.

What is being a "good cop" supposed to mean to the women sexually abused by Daniel Holtzclaw? What is being a "good cop" supposed to mean to Diamond Reynolds now that she has to raise her daughter as a single mother after the loss of her husband Philando to a cowardly officer? What is being a "good cop" supposed to mean for the black and brown people across the country dealing with judicial abuse on the same level as the minority communities from Ferguson? Those "good cops" are in the ideal position to actually hold their own institution accountable and make the moves necessary to curtail this exact kind of tragedy yet here we are once more with the loudest voices in the room pretty much only being the black and brown people that have to bear the brunt of the brutality caused by police corruption.

Being an officer is a job that someone volunteers for and that is funded through the taxes of citizens. Minority citizens are thus allowed to be frustrated and angry when the institution they pay into is not only poisoned by people who act exactly opposite to their interests as citizens but also people who enable that kind of abuse by saying and doing nothing in response to it. Calling out corrupt cops is just as important as catching robbers and killers and yet only half of the job is being done. The consequences of ACAB are nothing in comparison to the consequences of only choosing to peruse criminals that don't wear a badge.

And? Police helping people shouldn't be conditional to whether or not you praise/criticize law enforcement as an institution. As citizens, we don't actually owe cops shit. They choose to take up the occupation and a cop having the mindset that the only citizens who deserve help are those who don't hate cops shouldn't be a fucking cop.

Despite hating capitalism, as of now I can't escape the realities of it and have to get a job to pay my bills and taxes. Despite US health insurance being a clusterfuck and insurance companies being monsters in bureaucratic form, I'm still required to rely on it to maintain my health. As a citizen of the US, I cannot escape the realities of having to rely on law enforcement to handle criminal activity outside my control. Being beholden to that reality doesn't mean I or anyone else is obligated to like it though.

This is without even discussing how there are in fact communities of black and brown people in the US who don't call the cops in response to criminal activity because the behavior of the law enforcement in their area can't actually be trusted. There are mothers and wives who do in fact hesitate because they don't know if they'll be calling the one officer who ends up using lethal force on their husband or son. That is an indictment of the institution that people even have to take that into account.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018
It's great how you people come in, make stupid drive by posts without acknowledging the rational arguments made against that position, and disappear with nothing else to say. It's very subtle.
So quoting someone's lengthy post I agree with and agreeing with it is drive by posting? I know he is going to get piled on (as will I) so I was just acknowledging I agree with him.

The hyperbole that all cops are "evil pieces of shit corrupt pigs who kill innocent people" is absurd.

"But they participate in a corrupt system!"
I've had that stupid "yet you participate in that society... I'm very intelligent!" Comic thrown around at me more times than I can count but somehow here it doesn't apply. Bad/shitty cops don't invalidate the good ones. Everyone here wishing to get rid of all cops or are reacting off pure emotion and don't live in reality. Thousands of interactions with police happen every day and you don't hear a peep about those because nothing bad happens. There are systemic problems that need to be addressed, I totally agree with that but refuse to answer it with "FUCK ALL POLICE" nonsense while also accusing people of murder with 0 facts.

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

John Laurit's Blog

Welcome to John Laurit's Blog!

If you can read this or the multitude of other pieces on it and come away with what you just regurgitated out then just STFU.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The hyperbole that all cops are "evil pieces of shit corrupt pigs who kill innocent people" is absurd.
Nice straw man. Literally no one is saying this.
I've had that stupid "yet you participate in that society... I'm very intelligent!" Comic thrown around at me more times than I can count but somehow here it doesn't apply. Bad/shitty cops don't invalidate the good ones. Everyone here wishing to get rid of all cops or are reacting off pure emotion and don't live in reality. Thousands of interactions with police happen every day and you don't hear a peep about those because nothing bad happens. There are systemic problems that need to be addressed, I totally agree with that but refuse to answer it with "FUCK ALL POLICE" nonsense while also accusing people of murder with 0 facts.
The "systemic problems that need to be addressed" in this scenario is the fact that all police are complicit, no matter how superficially "good" or "bad" they may be. They are complicit in the corruption (of which this case blatantly reeked of). They are complicit in the racism (we have the testimony from token black cop friend from the trial to point to). They are complicit in minorities getting killed and abused directly because of them, and nothing coming from it.

You guys like to go all in on defending the poor cops (who are the true victims here, meanwhile we get minorities being shot up by them left and right but who cares), and take issue with ACAB as though it's a statement talking about how literally every cop hits their mother or something. ACAB is about the systemic problems that you seem to care about (but we all know you don't actually).

It's alright, though. Clearly the system is with you. We have white, clearly racist cops going into a black man's house and shooting them immediately, then trying to cover it up, and then lie, getting the equivalent of a slap on the wrist and actual hugs from everyone. The people testifying against the poor cop get their lives ruined and killed, though. It's working as designed, and as you want it to.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Were the good cops in NYC were the ones that participated in the work slowdown, refusing to do their jobs, after one of them killed Eric Garner. They all stand up for each other. It's a diseased institution.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
So quoting someone's lengthy post I agree with and agreeing with it is drive by posting? I know he is going to get piled on (as will I) so I was just acknowledging I agree with him.

To start with, no one said that all cops are corrupt or that all cops kill innocent people. People have said that "good cops" that people like yourself bandy about do not curtail this behavior in their coworkers, which means they are complicit in its continuation.

Next, we don't hear a peep about every interaction with police because that's how its supposed to be. They have taken a job and are expected to do that job. A cook doesn't need to be worshiped for making a dish and serving it because that's what a cook is supposed to do. You shouldn't be a cop if all you want is to be constantly praised and worshiped as a hero for simply doing what the occupation asks of you.

Next, if you acknowledge that systemic changes do need to be made then I'm not sure why you don't understand what is then the next requirement for that which is that the people within the institution with the access to enact that very change need to be putting forth the effort aren't doing so. Good cops should be on the frontline of reforming their own occupation to weed out the bad and maintain the good. Yet like I posted above, in the wake of incidents like the death of Botham Jean, the only people calling for that change on a massive scale are the citizens, particularly the black and brown people who end up as the victims of that brutality. That shouldn't be so if supposed good cops were interested in acting in a way to respond to that corruption themselves. Cops can't make the distinction to defend or outright ignore their colleagues who kill, frame innocents and/or generally abuse their power and expect to still maintain the undying respect of citizens. If those good cops want respect then they need to be consistent.

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
The views and opinions of ResetEra member "SonicDaHedgehog" are those of "SonicDaHedgehog" and do not reflect the official policy or position of SonicEra.

Oct 25, 2017

Cops already can literally get away with murder 99% of the time and you still think this is necessary.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.