• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
While it is quite a coincidence, remember that people are shot all the fucking time in America so the chances of this actually being not a coincidence are still quite high.

Yeah even if the cops aren't involved in this, there is a conspiracy that is real inasmuch as the material conditions that produce ghettoization, the rampancy of firearms, and such are all matters of policy with specific and intentional effects.

But it wouldn't surprise me if this was one of Guyger's goon pals

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): mod whining, hostility, misrepresenting prior ban
I remember seeing a picture posted of her family and one of them was doing the full white power hand signal.

I bet it was one of them.
Weird how you can say something baseless and it's fine but if I make hyperbole about how a jury treated the murderer I eat a ban

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Guyger's appeal team is setting up a really strong case

I truly hope this isnt what everyone thinks it is

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
This would be the stupidest thing to do tbh.
Mofo is gonna get caught, phone service details and shit nowadays make no crime unescapable unless they are a pro.
And if they were a pro, they would poison or something. This is just blatant to the point where the motive is clear as day
Certain people are caught on camera murdering people already and get away with it. Doubt the shooter cared about video, phone details, etc.

I get that there's plenty of reason for people to be suspicious of the police in America, but wow, this is thread is full of people jumping to conclusions. People get shot every day.

I agree, correlation does not equal causation. However, the timing makes this extremely suspect in my eyes.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those cases where everyone should absolutely be waiting for the facts to come in before jumping to conclusions but having said that the po po totally did that shit.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
With the all the incidences of people being harassed for years after recording police brutality, someone actually going to trial as a witness leading to a conviction, I definitely suspect foul play. At the very least something to do with the trial. The man was executed straight up, close range in the face and chest.

I agree, correlation does not equal causation. However, the timing makes this extremely suspect in my eyes.
One could as easily argue the opposite, if this was some kind of calculated revenge action, the perpetrator would be best served by waiting a while until the trial was out of everyone's minds. And conversely, if it was committed by somebody acting out of blind rage, it seems most likely such a person would have acted before the trial.

I'm not ruling out it being some kind of revenge killing, but people acting like this must have have been related to the trial, and especially committed by the police, are basically employing the same logic used by Seth Rich conspiracy theorists.

GrimJawz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why would the police do this, what's there motivation, wasn't his only contribution to all of this a hug?. its not like he's a key witness who's testimony directly lead to the cops conviction. It would make more sense for them to kill the lawyer out of retaliation if anything.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
One could as easily argue the opposite, if this was some kind of calculated revenge action, the perpetrator would be best served by waiting a while until the trial was out of everyone's minds. And conversely, if it was committed by somebody acting out of blind rage, it seems most likely such a person would have acted before the trial.

I'm not ruling out it being some kind of revenge killing, but people acting like this must have have been related to the trial, and especially committed by the police, are basically employing the same logic used by Seth Rich conspiracy theorists.
Growing up in the hood you hear about revenge killings by the police all the time. It's not conspiracy theorist mumbo jumbo, it's reality.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

How could someone react to the sentencing of a cop to a murder charge before the trial? Sure, no one can say matter of factly that this is connected, but Occam's razor is only giving one obvious option: someone shot the person who testified against the cop who was just convicted of murder for shooting an innocent black man.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This argument would, again, basically militate in favour of it happening before the trial.

And the Guyger case didn't even turn on this guy, or frankly any of the other witnesses, it was about Guyger's testimony versus the law of self-defense and the report of the medical examiner.
He wouldnt have to think to act since cops don't get sentenced often in this country. If the cop had gotten off, that would have been a message. If not, this also serves as one.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
JFC. Right now, my inclination is friend/family or white supremacist group. If it's the cops, it just seems too obvious. Then again, if the cops think they can get away with it (due to being cops), that could literally be the point. Them wanting us to know it is them with nothing we can do about it.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Didn't this guy just move into his apartment within days of Botham's murder? What a terrible web to have been caught in.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Some of these post are embarrassing. Terrible news regardless, hope they can find who did this.

If it was outside the complex, you'd think there would be some sort of security footage.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing that area myself, violence there is common. You don't walk around Cedar Springs alone at night. Not sure I'm ready to jump to conclusions.

Do you really think most violence in crime-ridden areas is completely random?

It's almost always pointed. Yes, random robberies that go wrong happen, but that's not anywhere close to the much more direct reasons violence happens in these places.

The sheer amount of activists randomly ending up dead under mysterious circumstances over the last decade is very much outside of the usual kind of violence in these neighborhoods.

Sure, no one can say matter of factly that this is connected, but Occam's razor is only giving one obvious option: someone shot the person who testified against the cop who was just convicted of murder for shooting an innocent black man.
As with many applications of Occam's razor, a lot depends on how you frame it (which is why it's not the clean reasoning tool it's often imagined to be). In particular, you begin by defining the victim solely in relation to the Guyger trial and therefore Occam's razor suggests it's connected to that, but the Guyger trial was only one small part of this guy's life, and his death could have been connected to any part of it (or none, frankly; he might just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, though I would say that that bare description we get of the circumstances of his death weigh against that explanation).

As I said, I wouldn't rule out a connection by any means, if I was the investigating officer. But this shouldn't presumed to be the only or even most likely explanation, given the realities of crime in America.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would the police do this, what's there motivation, wasn't his only contribution to all of this a hug?. its not like he's a key witness who's testimony directly lead to the cops conviction. It would make more sense for them to kill the lawyer out of retaliation if anything.
This guy didn't hug anything. Botham's brother and the judge did.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I dunno.

In NYC there's been cases of police going out of their way to be vindictive towards civilian (and fellow officers) who are whistleblowers. The guy who recorded Garner's death is in jail over very sketchy circumstances and there was a crazy story ten years ago for a police whistleblower where his fellow cops got him commited along with continuous threats to him at his home

And while gun violence is a part of life in the US, a drive-by is a VERY specific TARGETED assassination and considering a police officer and an accountant live in this same apartment complex I am going to assume they don't live in a neighborhood where even targeted violence like this happens (because in that case maybe he looked like someone). Does anyone know if its the kind of place where shootings happen so perhaps it could be a case of mistaken identity? Could he be someone who was involved in shady shit (again, going back to him living in an apartment complex with a cop and an accountant, I lean to no)

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt multiple members of Guyger's family like, really racist? Her family could be "well connected"

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As with many applications of Occam's razor, a lot depends on how you frame it (which is why it's not the clean reasoning tool it's often imagined to be). In particular, you begin by defining the victim solely in relation to the Guyger trial and therefore Occam's razor suggests it's connected to that, but the Guyger trial was only one small part of this guy's life, and his death could have been connected to any part of it (or none, frankly; he might just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, though I would say that that bare description we get of the circumstances of his death weigh against that explanation).

As I said, I wouldn't rule out a connection by any means, if I was the investigating officer. But this shouldn't presumed to be the only or even most likely explanation, given the realities of crime in America.
Yeah, the international news of the trial that led to the conviction of a cop for killing a black person, in which the man publicly testified, is not the most defining attribute of this man's life, so it's a clear folly to make such a connection. Just Google his name, and you'll see a whole litany of other things this man has done, many equally capable of inciting violence.

Like I said before, the public doesn't have any further information, therefore is incapable of knowing motive with certainty... But to squat in a thread just to repeatedly decry any probable inference seems absurd.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
State police+internal affairs and/or FBI need to take over this case immediately. Nobody will ever accept an investigation from Dallas PD.

Start the questioning with her boyfriend, the guy she was texting with the night she murdered Jean. Bring in her entire family.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
State police+internal affairs and/or FBI need to take over this case immediately. Nobody will ever accept an investigation from Dallas PD.

Start the questioning with her boyfriend, the guy she was texting with the night she murdered Jean. Bring in her entire family.
That's a poor way to conduct an investigation. You can't just assume it was retaliation and go from there. That's just a potential motive, and if you go down the route of potential motives then you are going to be going down a lot of routes for no reason other than some Sherlock hunch.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

An old wise man one said "snitches get ditches"

It serves as a warning to future would-be snitches of the dangers of opening their mouths about gang activity.

The police are of the most rutless gangs

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Well you'd have to assume each reasoning has the same weight , in addition to disregarding timing as well to assume that Occam's razor could be applied to any sort of reason.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i think we should give the police the benefit of the doubt. on an unrelated note, isn't it weird how black civilians who are even partially responsible for holding police officers accountable for killing black civilians end up dead under curious circumstances. it's just super weird, how that happens. i don't know why i thought about it, it has nothing to do with this situation, it just crossed my mind, for no reason.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
the fact that he was shot in the mouth kind of says it all? They shot him in the mouth because he spoke up. Period.

Eat My Jorts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Friend just texted me this story and my reaction was the same as the people in this thread. "Uh..."

Wouldn't be surprised if this shit was retaliation, either by a Dallas and/or neighboring city's cop or a random republican.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
There's always one of you

The thread was wrong when I posted. It said he was killed in his apartment. Now it's his complex, getting out of his car.

If it wasn't for the cops 2 more people would be alive right now

We know zero about what happened other than he was killed, in a way that was not at all similar to what happened to Jean other than a gun was used.

Let the rest of us know how that boot tastes

It's certainly bootlicking to call out the lack of waiting for facts, in a thread that's already had to be fixed once.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Who wants to bet on one of the following:

A.) Amber herself had called someone to put a hit out on the guy for testifying against her,

B.) The cops themselves who sympathizes with Amber,

or

C.) Either her lover or someone from within her family?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.