• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
His post has been thumbed up by rob collins, rob liefield, Cindy crawford, Tom Brady, Steve McCurry , Brett dier , Ricky Garcia, Max beesley , Theo Rossi , Kim fields , johann urbb , Ricky Gonzales , Demi Moore , Phil Heath and Oscar delahoya

Jt6DQPk.gif

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The Cocker and Thanus crossover movie will completely destroy America if its allowed to be released, we must take action.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why we're all prejudging a movie because dicks like it and what's actually problematic with the movie — because all they taxi driver comparisons seem to have missed the point of the movie which seemed to be the exact same point of this movie. I haven't seen it. I'm not being glib or ".just asking questions " the trailers seem to be about a severely damaged anti role model who should be the opposite of a role model or inspiration.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I liked Brolin's post. Struggling to see what is egregious about it.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Calling this Joker an incel after having seen the film really means you weren't paying attention.

The movie taking shots at neoliberalism and conservative cutting of social services is probably why it has quite a few mainstream editors in a huff and why it has the support of the likes of Hammill.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Lmao, this is the new #deep movie, like fight club?
So what if the movie is not deep?

Even better if so, since it's clearly spreading its message for a lot of people that have seen it.

I don't see the problem in people caring more about mental health issues, personally

What a strange thread, and weird takes everywhere

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Calling this Joker an incel after having seen the film really means you weren't paying attention.

The movie taking shots at neoliberalism and conservative cutting of social services is probably why it has quite a few mainstream editors in a huff and why it has the support of the likes of Hammill.

It meets the bare minimum of progressive messaging for mental illness, saying "we should do more/show more concern/empathy for the mentally ill", and then immediately undermines it by using a grotesque parody of mental illness as it's focal character while also perpetuating the negative stereotype that mental illness has a strong chance of leading to violence.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Makes me interested in seeing the movie with that kind of explanation

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
#cancel Brolin and the specific people name dropped in the OP, I guess. I don't see what the point of listing all those celebrities who liked the post, otherwise.

Considering old OP posts about this, is the contrary.

Weird how so many people are entering this thread with the mindset that OP is against those people.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Look, if you don't like Joker, that's OK.

If you do like it, also fine.

People really are being asses about a fucking film at the end of the day. (not directed at Josh Brolin, more the people who need to make talking points of these tweets)

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I really hate the way progressives are acting towards this movie. It's like we've become the right wingers saying DnD is going to turn our kids into Satan worshipers or GTA is going to make us kill a prostitute.

Listing the people who like the movie to "expose" them is some fucking r/The_Donald shit.

In a sense I understand it, the director had some BS anti-PC quote. I get it. Some asshole incels are going to cosplay as this joker. Okay. That doesn't mean you have to hate the movie to be a good leftist or whatever. It doesn't mean you have to "expose" everyone who liked a post about a celebrity who liked a movie.

Come on, let's be the proof that the political horseshoe theory isn't true

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
People have genuine, good faith, concerns with the potential content and impact that this film may have, but an actor giving their nuanced take in this manner isn't a reason to dedicate a thread to.

Status
Not open for further replies.