• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling with Intent to Antagonize; Creating a Thread in Bad Faith

Can't seem to copy all the texthere

His post has been thumbed up by rob collins, rob liefield, Cindy crawford, Tom Brady, Steve McCurry , Brett dier , Ricky Garcia, Max beesley , Theo Rossi , Kim fields , johann urbb , Ricky Gonzales , Demi Moore , Phil Heath and Oscar delahoya

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
People look at Taxi Driver as a classic. Not comparing their quality or place in history, but they strike the same chords.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seems like it's his opinion and doesn't seem terribly offensive if this his take/reading if the film.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Do you want all those people who liked that post cancelled op? Odd thing to include. What is so bad about that post?

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
People look at Taxi Driver as a classic. Not comparing their quality or place in history, but they strike the same chords.

They strike the same chords but end up being very different pieces of music.

Taxi Driver criticizes society by showing us how it stupidly handles a mentally ill Vietnam vet. But it doesn't justify his actions and it makes it clear that Bickle wasn't a hero. It's almost the exact opposite of Joker.

Whilst Joker clumsily delivers a monologue at the end that justifies his actions and the movie glorifies him and tells us he's inevitable and blameless for his shit. In fact, it also tells us that Batman is just another victim too and he wont be able to help himself!

The movie tells us that Bruce Wayne and Joker don't have any say in what they will become.

And for god's sake, the movie isn't even that great as "cinema", independently of its themes.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Why are people trying to pretend this movie is deep or has anything interesting to say.

That, to me, is a bigger controversy than all the dumb incel stuff.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand the sentiment, but I also think it's weird to get a comment about how you understand Joker from being raped out of a decent life from an actor that was nominated for academy awards and ran a stock trading website.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
They strike the same chords but end up being very different pieces of music.

Taxi Driver criticizes society by showing us how it stupidly handles a mentally ill Vietnam vet. But it doesn't justify his actions and it makes it clear that Bickle wasn't a hero. It's almost the exact opposite of Joker.

Whilst Joker clumsily delivers a monologue at the end that justifies his actions and the movie glorifies him and tells us he's inevitable and blameless for his shit. In fact, it also tells us that Batman is just another victim too and he wont be able to help himself!

The movie tells us that Bruce Wayne and Joker don't have any say in what they will become.

And for god's sake, the movie isn't even that great as "cinema", independently of its themes.
But society ends up viewing Bickle as a hero due to his vigilantism. I think that muddled the message you're stating.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Reads Iike 90% of posts written about it across the internet, by most who haven't seen it yet.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok and? It's true. Unfortunately the media has their heads far up their asses about this movie and focused on fear mongering bullshit instead.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
The Jokers greatest enemy is a society(that we live in) that not only provided adequate health care to all people but that treated brain health as importantly as all other forms of illness so that individuals suffering from brain health issues could seek out free or cheap medical health rather than concoct schemes of violence with other ill individuals on a social platform that is more concerned with monetary issues than safeguarding it's platforms against grassroot hate and terror.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
tenor.gif

Seriously though, I really need to watch this movie.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty The Joker

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
what is the point of listing a bunch of specific people who liked his post? lmao

why are people here so fucking weird

Status
Not open for further replies.