• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Americans should understand that using the word fuck, for us non-Americans is like saying "crap" or whatever. It doesn't mean anything that needs to be bleeped out anywhere, really.
It's less that and more how over the top he is about everything. The dude comes across as a complete douche every time he speaks. There are better ways to get your opinion across.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I totally disagree with him. PlayStation 5 is an excellent, simple, and elegant name. But in my opinion he is over-dramatic when it comes to the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S names. They are easy to understand. I'm not sure what better name you could possibly have? I think it could be argued that Microsoft doesn't have the luxury of calling it the Xbox 5, and even if they did, they needed a way to differentiate the weaker 1080p/1440p console (the Xbox Series S) from the stronger, this-eats-monsters-for-breakfast 4K powerhouse (the Xbox Series X).

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Plus going from iPhone 8 to iPhone X which makes no sense anymore after introducing the 11.

But it's not better with Samsung.

Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung Galaxy S20+
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
Samsung Galaxy S21
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Help, my Grandma spent her life savings on buying me a Samsung Note on accident instead.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I love both my XSX and XSS and it is a stupid naming convention. Really have to wonder who made that decision and what were they thinking. Xbox 5 and Xbox 5s would have worked - combine Apple and Sony's naming convention.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, idk anyone anyone who's actually confused by it or even cares. Frankly I think keeping it simple like they did was the best route long term.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, disagree with him, but like how he doesn't hold back his opinions.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
All this alleged consumer confusion and the One S/One X probably sold 75K units combined in December NPD.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
To think this is all because they thought XBOX 2 would be inadequate against the PS3. Then they lost the perfect opportunity to just call the XBOX one, XBOX4 and just be done with it.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
He's not wrong, but that's one hell of a dramatic rant, haha.

Microsoft is bad with naming conventions for their Xbox.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I mean, you don't have to like him or how he expresses his opinions, but he's really not wrong.

It's an objectively confusing naming structure they've gone for. They could've named them literally anything and avoided any potential headaches but they decided to go with it instead.

Nov 9, 2017
Eh, idk anyone anyone who's actually confused by it or even cares. Frankly I think keeping it simple like they did was the best route long term.

A guy on here had his fiance accidentally get him a X1S instead of a XSS and made a topic to laugh at himself. Fanboys started attacking them both and one even got banned b/c he called the fiance an "idiot".

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they're going to do X2, S2, etc., then it was super dumb.

I've always been under the impression that the plan is to iteratively update the consoles in a way that changing the name won't make sense. Like how the Ford Mustang isn't "Ford Mustang 12."

Nah, it's named 'Series' to distinct the different models S and X and whatever else, say a streaming stick could be 'C' and Series also means different generational lines so inevitably there will be a Series 2 or X2, S2, I don't know which is more likely, Series 2 would cleaner I suppose.

Xbox Series X/S - Current Gen
Xbox Series 2 X/S - Possibly Mid Gen
Xbox Series 3 X/S - Next Gen

This game supports Xbox Series 2/3 consoles.

I think that's what Microsoft are going for. I could be wrong but it's reasonably simple going forward doing it that way.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Funny guy. Some of you are getting worked up about it for no reason. It's a bad name, but yes he is being hyperbolic.

I do hope the Xbox naming will be more consistent from now on.
Series X2/ S2 etc?

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
How about "I'm loving my PS5" vs "I'm loving my SeX"?
I don't even understand why people try to make the moronic "SeX" shorthand a thing. It's as long and dumber than just using XSX or XSS for the two different consoles which doesn't make you look like a 7 year old who just learned the word sex and thinks it's funny.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Confusing to some, maybe....

"A total f*cling mess", that's just hyperbole.

I feel like a lot of people now just default to calling it 'The Series X', it's not that big a deal.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why they just couldn't name it Xbox 6 and just go from there. Yeah it's boring but par the norm.

I don't mind the Series X etc. name btw. Just from a general customers POV.

Oct 25, 2017
nEKJQTX.jpg

yes, the one that costs 10€ less is the better one

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
He's so insanely correct. Anyone who is complaining it "isn't that bad" are just proving his point.

Marketing 101, come up with a good name

guerra08

Nov 12, 2020
Brazil
I mean, he has a valid point, though I feel like the nomenclature makes a lot of sense moving forward.

But Jesus Christ, that a bit too dramatic buddy.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Nah, it's named 'Series' to distinct the different models S and X and whatever else, say a streaming stick could be 'C' and Series also means different generational lines so inevitably there will be a Series 2 or X2, S2, I don't know which is more likely, Series 2 would cleaner I suppose.

Xbox Series X/S - Current Gen
Xbox Series 2 X/S - Possibly Mid Gen
Xbox Series 3 X/S - Next Gen

This game supports Xbox Series 2/3 consoles.

I think that's what Microsoft are going for. I could be wrong but it's reasonably simple going forward doing it that way.

Yeh makes sense, and that is what I think they should go for aswell from now on.

But they could have had the same clean effect by calling it:

Xbox 5/ Xbox 5S and a mid gen refresh Xbox 5 Pro. Then 6/6S/6Pro

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
That's rich coming from some who directed a story driven title that can only be played as a 2 player game. I wasted bandwidth downloading A Way Out, only to discover I couldn't even play it.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
I agree, I think it's a pretty dumb name but if we look at the direction Microsoft is going with subscription based models and multiple consoles running the same games I think it makes sense.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
That's rich coming from some who directed a story driven title that can only be played as a 2 player game. I wasted bandwidth downloading A Way Out, only to discover I couldn't even play it.
It says in the product description that it's an exclusively coop game that must be played with two players. Idk what else they could do to help you there.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
They couldn't have been more clear A Way Out was 2 player only, not sure that really applies. He/Hazelight even got EA to allow you to give a friend the game for free.