• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
Let the climate change modelers model my bowel movement

For five years
For ONE year

But my bowel movements
Which is everything
For eighty years?

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

First thing in this thread to make me post in it, I think? Goo lord this is a dumbass take. "How can you predict the climate if you can't predict the stock market?" Because the climate is driven by actually natural system and the stock market is bullshit speculation driven by assholes trying to cheat each other inter perpetuity you thundering dumbass.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I have a friend who recently started talking about this guy. I honestly just tried to change the conversation, because I really didn't know enough about him to opine on him. After poking around, yeah...he's a tool. An educated tool is still a tool. Uses lots of words to say not a whole lot, certainly seems to be transphobic, etc. As a writer of one article put it, "The stupid person's smart person."

This friend also recently mentioned that he thinks the US dollar will soon collapse. I can only assume this is more Peterson stuff. Probably an offshoot of Peterson's spewings about the US soon becoming a totalitarian communist nation. Or Rogan. Or something. Either way, given the fact that the US dollar is the world's most prevalent reserve currency, I find that highly unlikely.

First thing in this thread to make me post in it, I think? Goo lord this is a dumbass take. "How can you predict the climate if you can't predict the stock market?" Because the climate is driven by actually natural system and the stock market is bullshit speculation driven by assholes trying to cheat each other inter perpetuity you thundering dumbass.

Yeah.

One is dictated by the whims of millions of investors and consumers, as well as the health of economies of nations all over the world.

The other is based on trends over the entirety of recorded history (and before), so it's not a stretch to be able to come up with projections over decades.

...Schmuck.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Moderation feels that this thread has run its course and we no longer want to signal boost it's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.