• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna be fun.

antonio-banderas-reaction-gif.gif

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I thought he left that in protest of Sargon being banned. Did that go anywhere?

Edit: oh never mind, I'm too tired to read. Lol.

Edit 2: Has that actually caught on? The Patreon replacement?
I don't think it's launched yet. Last time the alt-right tried something like this (hatreon), it failed miserably. Turns out even bigots don't like the world knowing they support bigots with no deniability.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Quora is fucking dangerous; to the "question" what other psychologists think of Peterson, there is just a bunch of nonsense from trolls and suddenly a LOT of right wing psychologists of dubious credentials. It's just overwhelming and no normal person could get through the throughs of shit there.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Quora is fucking dangerous; to the "question" what other psychologists think of Peterson, there is just a bunch of nonsense from trolls and suddenly a LOT of right wing psychologists of dubious credentials. It's just overwhelming and no normal person could get through the throughs of shit there.
Have you subjected yourself to any of 12 Rules for Life?
Jordan Peterson said:
In 2012, I started contributing to a website called Quora. On Quora, anyone can ask a question, of any sort—and anyone can answer. Readers upvote those answers they like, and downvote those they don't. In this manner, the most useful answers rise to the top, while the others sink into oblivion. I was curious about the site. I liked its free-for-all nature. The discussion was often compelling, and it was interesting to see the diverse range of opinions generated by the same question. [...] Soon after, I answered another question: "What are the most valuable things everyone should know?" I wrote a list of rules, or maxims; some dead serious, some tongue-in- cheek—"Be grateful in spite of your suffering," "Do not do things that you hate," "Do not hide things in the fog," and so on. The Quora readers appeared pleased with this list.

Oct 31, 2017

I can't believe people still use Quora. It's obvious that the contributors are just people who have no real idea what they're talking about and they just wanna sniff their own farts

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
I can't believe people still use Quora. It's obvious that the contributors are just people who have no real idea what they're talking about and they just wanna sniff their own farts

Honestly I get redirected there a lot when typing in some random question in google. Of course they won't let you see the answer there, so you make a quick account. En voila, morning ruined by their daily digest of what apparently has turned into an alt-lite propaganda machine.

I don't actually participate there. That would be madness.

Oct 26, 2017
So Richard Dawkins and Peterson are fans of each other. Whodathunk. Article is behind a paywall but I did find this image excerpt on Twitter:
EEr2t52XkAIrcLm.png

He can't tell why Peterson is Christian? What with his very blatant regressive views of women, patriarchy, religion and etc? Really?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Yeah. It's yahoo answers for people who think fedoras with fandom t-shirts are the height of fashion

Um, fucking wild that he's been accused of sexual impropriety three times and it's barely talked about. In fact this is the first time I've heard about it and it's directly from the lobster king himself.

Three.

Especially after all the stuff that's come to light about Epstein-- and knowing enough about some high-profile departments -- I've come to the conclusion that every "evolutionary psychologist" that fancies himself a philosopher is a sex pest. Those are hardly the only sex pest philosophy department people out there but they may as well be doing the whole 'telling your neighbor you're on the registry' thing when they say they like evopsych

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Should have checked for dragons in his bottles.

And that Dawkins likes him is like, the least-surprising of surprise associations. Has more in common with the socially regressive types he derides than not.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So what's Jordan Peterson up to?

Literally crying because people are mean to him on Twitter. Like legit crying.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do think everyone can get carried away with bullying others online, but this dude is not a good guy.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Were people actually bullying him, like death threats and threats of rape towards him on twitter (like what some other people get everyday)? Or were people just criticizing his shitty takes?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
So what's Jordan Peterson up to?

Literally crying because people are mean to him on Twitter. Like legit crying.

I can't imagine what that can do to all high profile people, regardless of their shitty beliefs.

I had a conservative radio host from Québec sic his followers on me once, it was an afternoon of constant harassment, dreadful but I'm a man so I count myself lucky, women can see their harassment last for YEARS on twitter.

So I do feel a bit of empathy for this asshole in this specific context, but as others have said, Karma is a bitch. You can't put out all that hate into the world and not expect it to come back ten fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.