• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
if this is as polarizing as Us was, then I think he will lose much of his audience. He's already being called a hack in some corners and I've seen people say this is the last chance they will give him.

He would have to tackle safer projects going forward to build back audience trust.
Us was critically and commercially successful so I think he would still be good even with similar reception.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
I think I just watched the whole movie.

Also, Michael Wincott looks bad ass. Put that man back in Halo.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
if this is as polarizing as Us was, then I think he will lose much of his audience. He's already being called a hack in some corners and I've seen people say this is the last chance they will give him.

He would have to tackle safer projects going forward to build back audience trust.
I dunno why you'd say that, Us wasn't the groundbreaker that Get Out was, but it was still wildly successful and memorable.

Peele will be fine. The dude prints money so far.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
I dunno why you'd say that, Us wasn't the groundbreaker that Get Out was, but it was still wildly successful and memorable.

Peele will be fine. The dude prints money so far.

Yeah maybe it wasn't like, the cultural milestone Get Out was, but it was critically well received, and made a good bit of money. It still only cost $30M. I doubt this costs $150M either, so Peele ain't going anywhere. He's making lots of profit.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

M.Night has been hearing that for over 20 years and he's still cranking out original stuff that makes money. If he has a similar career I'll be there day 1 for every movie. The masses aren't going to like every movie and that's okay.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know man. I loved Get Out but I lose interest when Peele goes too far into the sci fi stuff. I enjoyed like the first half of Us.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's not the tone I was expecting at all. It looks like a straight up comedy. Still gonna see it, but a lot of my hype has just evaporated.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I really enjoyed that trailer.

Not that the previous trailers didn't titillate me, but I am kind of relieved(?) that we won't be sitting through two hours of "...so, is it aliens?" The subversive vagueness over what the antagonist even is is something Peele already did with his first two films (to great success with "Get Out" and...ehhh, not so great success with "Us"), that I appreciate this being a pretty drastic departure from his previous work, at least in tone.

So, the premise is right out there! Yes, it's aliens; and the main protagonists want to catch them on film. A very retro premise for a Sci-fi/Horror film, much in the way that Peele said he wanted this film to go. I'm really excited now to watch this in theaters and see what the curveball is going to be.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Ok, I'm in. Peele is great to me. I find some of the criticisms thrown at him really go overboard. I like that Us and Get Out had a bit of humour amongst the more sinister aspects. I hope he finds that same balance here.