• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think Hickman's going to be doing his own thing with Xavier rather than pick up on Soule's dropped plot line. Just him being called Xavier again rather than X is a pretty big indication of that.

I actually agree. The less baggage he has to unpack and explain and do away with, the better.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Xavier's big dumb hat. Not My Xavier.

This is my Xavier

08eb75d5190908034848ff4f8e2fa7d6.jpg

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ooof new Moira gives me the tinglies.

I can't wait for Hickman to shake up yet another pillar of the Marvel Universe. This may well be the groundworks for MCU X-Men.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
The only X-Men comics I liked in the last few years was x-force and the introduction of Evan/Apocalypse. The rest never thrilled me. If anyone can change that it is Hickman. Looking forward.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
When did Banshee come back? Last I saw of him he was one of Apocalypse's horsemen and Beast put him into suspended animation or something.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Charles is absolutely not to be trusted. He's been weird since he took over Fantomex.

I wonder if Hickman is totally going to avoid post AVX dead Charles. It may not be something he wants to deal with, but bringing him back was the major resolution of Soule's run on astonishing. Then purposely keeping him off the playing board of 2018 Uncanny as they fought Jesus-Nate and all the hollow whiz bang deaths surrounding Cyclops and Wolverine's return.

Then again who wants to deal with the continuity of a Professor X who we've seen:
-Murder-killed by Cyclops
-Hanging out with Nightcrawler in (I guess Catholic) heaven
-Have his cadaver brain taken out and implanted into Red Skull to transform Red skull into Onslaught
-Somehow be mentally imprisoned by Shadow King and forced to play chess this whole time.
-Tagged out Fantomex in 616 reality and adapt black speech bubbles.

What a character epic.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
When did Banshee come back? Last I saw of him he was one of Apocalypse's horsemen and Beast put him into suspended animation or something.
He was brought back out in astonishing X-Men. At least as of yesterday in uncanny X-Men he was a corpse they could program to do stuff.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
He was brought back out in astonishing X-Men. At least as of yesterday in uncanny X-Men he was a corpse they could program to do stuff.
Wow, what a tremendously disrespectful way to treat a departed friend. They could have just made an actual robot without desecrating Sean Cassidy's corpse and sending it into battle.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wow, what a tremendously disrespectful way to treat a departed friend. They could have just made an actual robot without desecrating Sean Cassidy's corpse and sending it into battle.

Judging by how healthy and normal he looks in the preview, and how much Hickman likes gen x, looks like our buddy Sean is just fine. Just threw that dumb zombie shit out the window.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Judging by how healthy and normal he looks in the preview, and how much Hickman likes gen x, looks like our buddy Sean is just fine. Just threw that dumb zombie shit out the window.

I'm glad he shook off his case of the unliving dead.

Where are you guys seeing him in the preview? I only caught the part where they role call him as he goes through the portal but didn't see him.

Last edited:

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Think that hat is some mechanism that allows Xavier to project his powers further to mask mutant-kinds' existence in some way?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Xmen don't have a good track record with guys in metal helmets.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
So good and so weird at the same time. The whole sequence looks dreamy. Yeah, do not trust Xavier with anything.

You do kinda half expect it to smashcut to Jean waking up from a dream, huh?

Think that hat is some mechanism that allows Xavier to project his powers further to mask mutant-kinds' existence in some way?

That's a given. Cerebra magnifies his power by ten times its usual strength.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Nah Hickman doesn't do ignoring. He will explain things and why they are different. Just sometimes it takes a little longer than other times

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I love how this feels like Claremont/Lee X-men #1 mixed with Morrison's New X-men. A bit of the "we are now a global force with secondary members running the auxiliary functions" mixed with the living island teleporter weird. Sage and Doug and their awesome blue and gold costumes give me Forge/Banshee vibes from #1.

I fucking love it already.

I'm also calling it: I think Charles has to keep the helmet on to keep this pocket world going and that's why he never removes it in the previews.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to read the preview. Looks like HoX is about like new beginnings or starting over, and PoX is about the future of mutant-kind, where history repeats itself. At least the first issues.

Anyone remember from the recent Phoenix Resurrection, if Jean still has the Phoenix, or who it was passed on to if not?

And speaking of Jean, who should she be with? Because you know they are going to end up doing a Jean Grey romance, even if Hickman doesnt do it himself lol. Not that it really matters, but I kinda hope its not Cyc again. As much as I like Scott, he should either be with Emma or die alone after the shit hes pulled.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
actually he exploded in UXM 21. I know he was a zombie, but I would say he is pretty much out of action now

Rosenberg's run felt like some late-90s pre-Morrison drivel. Kind of a dumb run
Zombie version exploded two issues ago.

I think you may be onto something - everything post AvX gets minimized/ignored.

Well, if not all post AVX stuff, certainly Rosenberg's fiddy-diddy lame duck run.

I thought people were pretty stoked by his lighthearted run on Astonishing? But reading his uncanny stuff, it was pretty lame.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Finally got a chance to read the preview. Looks like HoX is about like new beginnings or starting over, and PoX is about the future of mutant-kind, where history repeats itself. At least the first issues.

Anyone remember from the recent Phoenix Resurrection, if Jean still has the Phoenix, or who it was passed on to if not?

And speaking of Jean, who should she be with? Because you know they are going to end up doing a Jean Grey romance, even if Hickman doesnt do it himself lol. Not that it really matters, but I kinda hope its not Cyc again. As much as I like Scott, he should either be with Emma or die alone after the shit hes pulled.
It would be nice if she FINALLY got with Logan and it stuck.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Im way more hyped at Doug with a techno arm Forging the shit out of everything.

Scott should just be like "im not doing that dating thing anymore, im busy and im bad at it."

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Well I'm yesterday's Uncanny, Cyclops and Jean saw each other for the first time since she died in the Morrison run way back when and they immediately embraced and kissed much to Emma's chagrin.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Y'all putting a lot of thought into background images, which more often than not, mean jack fucking shit cause authors don't tend to write those details in.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017

Jean severed the connection between herself and the Phoenix...and now she's free to push the upper limits of her power without fear of the Phoenix taking over. It wasn't shown to pass on to anyone else as of yet

I'd rather Jean just be her own woman for the time being. X-Men Red was great for that, no messy romantic entanglements, no playing second fiddle to Xavier

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
They met in Phoenix Resurrection.

Ah yes! That's right. Ever so briefly. Actually if we want to get technical The Phoenix brought back Scott from death and then killed him again. Cable then went back in time and plucked Scott before he died so technically this Scott wouldn't remember the Phoenix thing.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if she FINALLY got with Logan and it stuck.

I have mixed feelings about Logan/Jean. It is like a fan fiction at this point. Plus I can see it working for very long. Jean better become a monk or something and never date again.

Scott should just be like "im not doing that dating thing anymore, im busy and im bad at it."

I like the Scott/Emma couple. She is the only one able to keep his bullshit in check. Other than that, yeah, he should be alone.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Well, if not all post AVX stuff, certainly Rosenberg's fiddy-diddy lame duck run.

I wonder if that EW interview was subtweeting Rosenberg.

Saying people who don't put "the toys back ok the shelf" are assholes and his idea for a good run is "additive, not destructive."

I like Scott/Emma a lot, but yes - Doug was already dope as hell in 1 page.

I'd rather Jean just be her own woman for the time being. X-Men Red was great for that, no messy romantic entanglements, no playing second fiddle to Xavier

Same - Red was maybe the best the character has ever been. Such strong, compelling characterization.

"The X-Men will fight for you anyway."

Chills.