• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everything is ending in December - all of the solicits apart from X-Men are carrying "final issue" implications.

Then January is alternating weeks of X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine, plus the Sabretooth solo, followed by a line-wide relaunch.
(I wonder how long they can hold off on the solicits to avoid spoiling the outcome of Inferno.)

Edit: And as of today, we have our first new series of the relaunch!

Legionaries, passing the torch from Way of X/Onslaught Revelation.

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Onslaught Revelation was absolutely incredible. Spurrier needs to not be allowed to leave, ever.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
oh my goodness. any juicy things come out of it for the future?
Yeah, they announced the follow-up to Way of X - it's a team book called Legionaries, and features Nightcrawler running a team of mutant cops.
Notably, one of those cops is Blindfold and another is Juggernaut, so I wonder if this is a sign to come of how the status quo is getting shaken up a bit.

(Edit)
The full team is:
  • Nightcrawler
  • Pixie
  • Doctor Nemesis
  • Blindfold
  • Juggernaut
  • uh, could have sworn there was someone else, can anyone else remember, it's on the tip of my tongue

Last edited:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They better not turn my boy Cain into a mutant.

They should definitely have a new Cyttorak avatar bound to the magic like Cain used to be though. Do a rendition of that Chuck Austen arc that doesn't suck!

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

They should definitely have a new Cyttorak avatar bound to the magic like Cain used to be though. Do a rendition of that Chuck Austen arc that doesn't suck!

I could see a scenario where Cain dies and they grab DNA from the 95% of the multiverse where he is a mutant to resurrect him.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
They better not!

And it'd be easier to just have Sinister slap an X-gene into a clone. I'm sure Chuck made some backups of his brother.

Or say that he's been a mutant all along, and his power was to absorb magical energy and use it to enhance his physical power. Cyttorak didn't grant him his powers, just gave him a never ending supply of fuel.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
image.png

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I jave always wanted Juggs to be a mutant with an incredibly mundane power entirely unrelated to his powers from Cyttorak. Cerebro and Sentinels never picked him up because his powers blocked it out, even when he didn't have them some residual energy was still masking him.

My go to example for power is: Perfect accent mimicry.

He would never know it was a power.

Honestly, thougj, I feel like this is just going to be a post-inferno shift. We already have one human living on Krakoa, I think they're going to open it up to the human families of mutants.

Oct 8, 2019
Chuck Austen fans continue to feast during the Krakoan era. Now they just need to have Azazel show up in the Marauders to teach them how to be actual pirates

As for Juggernauts mutant status, I just presume that theirs quite a few normal humans on Krakoa but they aren't brought up because they're the parents of mutant children so would only matter in like New Mutants.

Meanwhile Kyle was a previous character and because of the heavy emphasis on LGBTQ themes in X-Factor it would make more sense to have Kyle be the one normal human that appears fairly regularly.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I love me some Dave and he puts up a nice pre-Inferno recap here. I forgot a lot of the little details we had through these 2 years.

Yeah, they announced the follow-up to Way of X - it's a team book called Legionaries, and features Nightcrawler running a team of mutant cops.
Notably, one of those cops is Blindfold and another is Juggernaut, so I wonder if this is a sign to come of how the status quo is getting shaken up a bit.

(Edit)
The full team is:
  • Nightcrawler
  • Pixie
  • Doctor Nemesis
  • Blindfold
  • Juggernaut
  • uh, could have sworn there was someone else, can anyone else remember, it's on the tip of my tongue

oh fuck I missed this. OMG Dr. Nemesis, of course, Spurrier used him in Legacy. Juggernaut! Blindfold is back, so precogs are back after Inferno? No Legion? Fuck this is exciting.

Last edited:

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm waiting on Inferno now and based on how that goes I may continue following this era.

Scarlet Witch event has me intrigued though and X-Men is good.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Rogue really should be involved in a story about one of her mothers trying to bring the other back to life. It's a weird choice.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so, sicne we know very little of the "new" line, what DO we know?

- X Lives/Deaths of Wolvie
- new Spurrier book continuing of Way of X (Way of Spark?)
- Duggan / Pepe X-Men will most likely continue, maybe from #1 again?
- Sabretooth (mini? ongoing?)

that's it right?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This may seem like an incredibly obvious question, but this part:
As a precog, Destiny has the ability to see the future, which threatens to expose the truth behind Krakoa's current status quo.

What exactly are they referring to? I know in past issues touching on the Charles/Magneto/Mystique/Destiny thread this has been alluded to, but I can't remember what exactly is it about Destiny seeing the future that is such a threat to Krakoa? Just that the future of mutantkind, and all life on Earth, is Nimrod/machines and ultimately fusing with big machine collectives from space?

so, sicne we know very little of the "new" line, what DO we know?

- X Lives/Deaths of Wolvie
- new Spurrier book continuing of Way of X (Way of Spark?)
- Duggan / Pepe X-Men will most likely continue, maybe from #1 again?
- Sabretooth (mini? ongoing?)

that's it right?
The Spurrier book is called Legionnaires.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
isn't that the name of the team? has there been an actual announcement on the book? I thought it was just the teaser picture at the end of Revelation

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

What exactly are they referring to? I know in past issues touching on the Charles/Magneto/Mystique/Destiny thread this has been alluded to, but I can't remember what exactly is it about Destiny seeing the future that is such a threat to Krakoa? Just that the future of mutantkind, and all life on Earth, is Nimrod/machines and ultimately fusing with big machine collectives from space?

Part of me feels Moira has a plan that goes beyond what she has shared with Xavier and Magneto and for it to work no one can ruin the surprise.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me feels Moira has a plan that goes beyond what she has shared with Xavier and Magneto and for it to work no one can ruin the surprise.
oh ok, so it's literally something we don't know yet either then, haha. Cool. I keep seeing this teased as the big sword of damocles hanging over Xavier/Magneto and keep thinking, what have I forgotten?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

I honestly think it all comes down to pettiness. Moria was killed very painfully at the orders of Destiny. And was also informed exactly how many lives she would have.

I think she's trying to leave Destiny dead both out of spite and to prove Destiny wrong. I honestly think Moira already plans to have this timeline reset at some point.

I honestly think that was Hickman's Third Act, a hard reset, Moria dies one more time either Cured or dies before her X-Gene activates and then he lets someone else set a new status quo.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
They can't build a country and have everyone entirely behind it and supporting it if they know that it will fail. Knowing that failure is inevitable hinders the process of trying anything. Destiny knows it will fail.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Powers of X #6, page 35-36/50 on MU:

Moira: "What happens if we bring her back and she tells everyone what she sees? What if she tells them the truth? "

"You really want them to know-- that we always lose? "

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
They can't build a country and have everyone entirely behind it and supporting it if they know that it will fail. Knowing that failure is inevitable hinders the process of trying anything. Destiny knows it will fail.
She doesn't know that this one will fail. But she could know (because Moira knows and is acting from the perspective of knowing) that they always have. And she'll know whether this time fails or succeeds as well (and Moira doesn't know which it'll be, so Destiny being around makes that a risk).

Of course, my theory remains that Moira gamed this out with Destiny from a past life and they're manipulating everyone and everything to put Krakoa in an optimal position for success and eliminate some of its greatest threats on one fell swoop.