• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm okay with Hellions stopping as long as Zeb Wells is starting another ongoing in 2022. I don't know how much more there is to get out of the Hellion characters, especially now that Sinister is on the outs. But I really need Wells to stay :(
Isn't he going on to Spider-Man now?

lone_stranger

Aug 24, 2018
Hellions ending is a bummer, but at least it had a story in mind, and will finish telling it. Some other x-books just exist without any meaningful direction, and should rightfully end with the relaunch.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
He's on a rotating cast of writers once Spencer's run ends but I've been suspecting for a while he's going to be the new sole writer of ASM.

Isn't ASM a three issues per month book? Wells has never written anything like that nor been on a project that long. I think his New Mutants run (which is great) is actually shorter than Hellions is turning out to be. The last time he was on ASM was before then and it was also a period where writers were being rotated or something.

New ASM writer is gonna be somebody accustomed to the workload and probably with some level of personal brand as well at this point. The new thing they're doing definitely reads as a stop-gap/board clearing like when the X-Office did their own Disassembled before Rosenberg and then Hickman.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
clearly there will be a shake up after Inferno, we just need to wait and see if they are not dumb enough to not continue working wtih these creatives.

I geuss we can assume Duggan's X-Men won't be relaunched so soon, and we know for a fact Spurrier IS doing something after Way of X / Onslaught Revelation. I don't think SWORD is at risk (or at least I hope it isnt) since Ewing seems to be one of the "big boys" at Marvel and has all his cosmic shit going on.

I don't know how well Hellions did in sales but surely they know how acclaimed it is and Zeb Wells can continue to show his comedic chops on a new book / follow up.

The rest? Up in the air I guess. We'll see.

Edit: would LOVE a Zeb Wells Deadpool tbh

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, think.

Why would Hickman leave because this group of writers wants to keep this status quo, if their books are just getting cut?

Chances are almost everything is either getting a new #1 or turning into a different book by the same writer. They're gonna add a few people too. We're waiting on that Victor LeValle book for one thing.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, think.

Why would Hickman leave because this group of writers wants to keep this status quo, if their books are just getting cut?

Chances are almost everything is either getting a new #1 or turning into a different book by the same writer. They're gonna add a few people too. We're waiting on that Victor LeValle book for one thing.
That's what the glass half full guy in me wants to believe. They have to know that having Hickman leave, as well as half the creative teams from the past two years would send the signal that they're killing off the line as we've known it.
Considering White kept repeating things would be okay, I don't think he had in mind "let's progressively revert to the decade before that".

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
Yeah I assumed X-Corp was ending with #5. Fallen Angels or X-Corp hmm... X-Corp had cool covers at least.

The caliber of writer that was necessary to pull off a premise like - mutants go to work - and make it exciting. They had to know it was a bad idea from the start. The hubris!

Watch, the last page has Xavier just switching Krakoan drugs to a monthly subscription model, have them delivered by Amazon drones, advertise on podcasts, and fire all staff. There's something funny about spending your entire run filling out board room seats and then everyone is fired.

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
I think Hope led a resurrection of her. I also think Mystique was the murderer.

But it certainly all felt like a nothing burger.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I think Hope led a resurrection of her. I also think Mystique was the murderer.

But it certainly all felt like a nothing burger.
That's my belief as well. But that means her last backup is from a very long time ago. Hence why she immediately jumped into Vision's arms.

There was a reason they were trying to keep her a secret. There is more to this still.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so by ressurecting Wanda does this mean she's a mutant again, or they can use the proccess on whatever they want?

or has it not been said.

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
That's my belief as well. But that means her last backup is from a very long time ago. Hence why she immediately jumped into Vision's arms.

There was a reason they were trying to keep her a secret. There is more to this still.

I get that Hope and the 5 as a whole are probably pissed at Xavier and the council about some of their decisions as it relates to who is getting revived, but there are good reasons for some of the restrictions around resurrection.

They were worried about Avengers seeing the hatchery. I can't help but think this act will be what exposes the Krakoan secret of resurrection.

Oct 8, 2019
Trial was meh, can't get over this out of character Magneto, and the revival reveal was lame.

Hope says "Do you understand? Do not let them see her Body". followed by her doing something to Magneto followed by Magneto saying "I understand". There's also the point that Magneto is mad with grief because he cared about Wanda above all of his other children.

As for the last reveal, the setup is that either this is the old backup mentioned by Charles Xavier or this is Hope Summers which is going to be interesting because either the Avengers are going to get really mad when they find out Hope Summers duped them or they are going to be horrified when Wanda doesnt remember anything thats happened since a decade of real time comics.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get that Hope and the 5 as a whole are probably pissed at Xavier and the council about some of their decisions as it relates to who is getting revived, but there are good reasons for some of the restrictions around resurrection.

They were worried about Avengers seeing the hatchery. I can't help but think this act will be what exposes the Krakoan secret of resurrection.
This was originally an X-Factor arc which was promoted to an event by editorial. I don't think it was intended to have something as big as a resurrection reveal.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Hope says "Do you understand? Do not let them see her Body". followed by her doing something to Magneto followed by Magneto saying "I understand". There's also the point that Magneto is mad with grief because he cared about Wanda above all of his other children.

As for the last reveal, the setup is that either this is the old backup mentioned by Charles Xavier or this is Hope Summers which is going to be interesting because either the Avengers are going to get really mad when they find out Hope Summers duped them or they are going to be horrified when Wanda doesnt remember anything thats happened since a decade of real time comics.
Why not both

It honestly could be either one but the inclusion of Mystique makes me think that is Hope, but I also think Xavier or whoever stole that helmet will bring her back. I sort of think it's might be Polaris and QS working together…. Only other person who might make sense is Exodus, but that's just based on how much shit talking he's done in relation to Wanda in other comics.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's odd to me that Trial and Inferno are running alongside each other the whole way through.

It kind of suggests that, unless Inferno sets itself in the near future or plays around with time a bit, it won't have the massive effect on the status quo that we think it will.

Oct 25, 2017
I think inferno will end with the resurrections protocols suspended either because everyone finds out or something happens that they can't do them anymore and they find out about moira and her mutation

Oct 8, 2019
This was originally an X-Factor arc which was promoted to an event by editorial. I don't think it was intended to have something as big as a resurrection reveal.

I assume plans changed with the promotion from an X-factor arc to a major event involving most likely several ideas from different people.

In particular this ties in the rebellion of the 5 from Hellions and New Mutants where the Five want more say in who they resurrect, and are going against Charles Xavier. Which presumably will be a major part of the Inferno.

It's odd to me that Trial and Inferno are running alongside each other the whole way through.

It kind of suggests that, unless Inferno sets itself in the near future or plays around with time a bit, it won't have the massive effect on the status quo that we think it will.

Hellions comic is being finished in December, X-Factor was already cancelled since Marvel wanted Leah to concentrate solely on Trials of Magneto. We are getting that weekly Wolverine miniseries which will presumably reveal more about Moira's previous lives.

I assume we are going to change leaderships, form new teams, and Inferno will set a new path for the nation of Krakoa that Hickman, and the rest of the writers hashed. out at their last big meeting.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore

But Inferno isn't meant to have a massive effect on the status quo. Isn't it the opposite? Hickman implied that it was a way for him to get closure on story threads he started without pushing a major change for setting since everyone is comfortable playing in this space and wants to continue.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
But Inferno isn't meant to have a massive effect on the status quo. Isn't it the opposite? Hickman implied that it was a way for him to get closure on story threads he started without pushing a major change for setting since everyone is comfortable playing in this space and wants to continue.
Is it actually going to do much for closure though? If the X-line is just going to stay put in this Act 1 status quo, then I would imagine we'll see little if any of the long-term future stuff that Hickman planted in HoX/PoX come to fruition.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
aiptcomics.com

X-Men Monday #125 – Jonathan Hickman Reflects on the ‘X-Men Experiment’ and Teases the ‘Amazing’ Stories to Come

Plus, X-Creators share their favorite Hickman memories, eXclusive preview art and more!

semi-confirmation X Deaths / Lives of Wolvie will involve Moira's lives as expected:

AIPT: Welcome back to X-Men Monday, Jonathan — thanks for doing this! Since House of X #1, you and the other X-Creators have set up countless plots — any number of which could have been at the center of Inferno. I'm curious, what made the Moira/Mystique/Destiny story the logical choice?

Jonathan:
It's the correct pivot point, and that's the way people should probably think about it. Especially with what the line is going to look like after Ben's Ten Lives and Ten Deaths of Wolverine book starts in January.

Last edited:

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
We knew a line-wide reset was coming after Inferno but it still stings seeing S.W.O.R.D. #11 listed as the final issue. There was so much potential with the mutants' expansion into space, Mars and Storm getting a standout role as the regent of Sol. I can't inagine they'd spend so much time building towards the Gala and Planet-Sized X-Men just to toss it all out, so hopefully those story threads continue to play out in future titles, otherwise what a waste.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We knew a line-wide reset was coming after Inferno but it still stings seeing S.W.O.R.D. #11 listed as the final issue. There was so much potential with the mutants' expansion into space, Mars and Storm getting a standout role as the regent of Sol. I can't inagine they'd spend so much time building towards the Gala and Planet-Sized X-Men just to toss it all out, so hopefully those story threads continue to play out in future titles, otherwise what a waste.
Crap, I had no idea S.W.O.R.D. was already ending. Hope this is just another relaunch, because otherwise, between that and Guardians disappearing from solicits, it kind of feels like Ewing's cosmic tenure might be short lived.

Then again, given how everything is apparently ending, they might just be relaunching these books or spiritual successors.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious right now?

What the hell is going on over there at Marvel?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

has to be a relaunch, Ewing cosmic shit isnt going anyware, especially with him getting Venom.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I think there will be some changes to the characters on the teams, but this sounds like relaunch TPB shenanigans more than a complete story reset. The overall story arcs should be safe.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's safe to assume most non-limited series are getting relaunched, maybe even with continued numbering, after Inferno and X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine.

I'm looking at you, X-Factor.

Oct 8, 2019
I think it's safe to assume most non-limited series are getting relaunched, maybe even with continued numbering, after Inferno and X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine.

I'm looking at you, X-Factor.

I think the entire idea behind the Wolverine miniseries is to delay the solicitations another month by having an entire month of Wolverine comics replacing the X-line than rebooting it with all new teams, and a couple new series.

I am pretty sure the Scarlet Witch isnt just going to resurrect and go "Well goodbye and see you again for Avengers vs X-Men 2: Cyclops Strikes Back"

Oct 31, 2017
I think I'll be inexplicably upset if they don't have some comics and books to explore and expand on the world of Arakko. Besides the world they already have some interesting characters that I want to know more about like Isca the Unbeaten, Tarn the Uncaring, Solem, Genesis. So much richness and possibilities there. They don't necessarily need to cross over and they have the freedom to tell brand new stories in this new terraformed mutant world on Mars (though I want to see some more stories with Solem - Wolverine and Genesis - Apocalypse, for example). Arakko also supposedly has a lot more mutants than Krakoa. I'm not even sure what Krakoa's population is, but Arakko is supposed to be more.

I also might be the only person who wants to see more Hordeculture.

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'll be inexplicably upset if they don't have some comics and books to explore and expand on the world of Arakko. Besides the world they already have some interesting characters that I want to know more about like Isca the Unbeaten, Tarn the Uncaring, Solem, Genesis. So much richness and possibilities there. They don't necessarily need to cross over and they have the freedom to tell brand new stories in this new terraformed mutant world on Mars (though I want to see some more stories with Solem - Wolverine and Genesis - Apocalypse, for example). Arakko also supposedly has a lot more mutants than Krakoa. I'm not even sure what Krakoa's population is, but Arakko is supposed to be more.

I also might be the only person who wants to see more Hordeculture.

You are not the only one who wants more Hordeculrure.

I too would love an Arakki book. So many cool designs and intriguing history that would be otherwise wasted. In addition to the ones you named(Genesis in particular), I would like to see more of The White Sword, Bei, the remaining seats on the great ring, the creation of the summoners. Sure X-men during X of Swords was a great general gist, but I feel like there is just so much more. Ideally, I would like historical Arakki books as well as Planet Arrako book(s).

Also, how does Arakko speak without Redroot who is still in the crooked market last I saw?

Last edited: