• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sword preview (last red issue of the gala):
fV9stfhvjdjivGZXNar7DF-970-80.jpg.webp
i9EWkKnqv4v5ePxfQApfcF-970-80.jpg.webp

NG6vTQ2YDT2GBqrWtLcqxG-970-80.jpg.webp

Gyrich didn't waste any time.

canada confirmed human supremacists

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I think the mention. When he's looking at Doom, d
Doom is on the other side that he was looking at the Orchis mentioned.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to hear about some humans picking up and going to live on Arakko outside of the diplomatic ring for the challenge of it. The laws said nothing about only mutants being allowed to live there, just that outside of the ring you're subject to Arakki law. A fistful of humans with sufficient grit deciding to pack up and live there, and thriving to boot? Would be great PR.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm right there with everyone on Children of the Atom... I don't know what to make of it. I don't get the point of it. #1 (this week on MU) wasn't horrible or anything, and I like the art, but I don't get why it exists.

X-Factor #8 was fantastic tho, legit bummed its dying :(

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
I'm right there with everyone on Children of the Atom... I don't know what to make of it. I don't get the point of it. #1 (this week on MU) wasn't horrible or anything, and I like the art, but I don't get why it exists.

Even for free on MU I haven't been able to muster enough enthusiasm to read it.

Oct 8, 2019
I don't feel like Gabby is going to be a problem to resurrect, she's biologically different enough from Laura to not be counted as a direct clone.

Inferno seems to be being built around the idea that certain people have been put on a no-ressurection list. We already have the various Precogs like Destiny, and Blindfold.

www.cbr.com

X-Men: An Omega-Level Mutant Could Drag Nightcrawler Into a Dark Conspiracy

The first issue of Way of X pulls Nightcrawler into a conflict with another mutant that may lift the veil on an underlying conspiracy in Krakoa.

We got confirmation that Thunderbird hasn't been resurrected despite that common sense would have dictated that he would be among the first.

Gabby brings it up that Evan, the clone of Apocalypse hasn't been resurrected

bleedingcool.com

Will Rahne Sinclair Vote for Strong Guy? Krakoan X-Men Spoilers Today

Today, Marvel Comics published four X-books, X-Men #17, Excalibur #10, New Mutants #15, Wolverine #9 and Deadpool #10. But there's more Deadpool Krakoan

Rahne got confirmation that her son isnt in the queue because they need proof of Death despite Tier being impaled by a trident.

There's something that goes beyond "Maddie Pryor was an asshole so they dont want her on the island"

Right now the Quiet Council is claiming "a long queue" when people skip the line all the time.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Inferno seems to be being built around the idea that certain people have been put on a no-ressurection list. We already have the various Precogs like Destiny, and Blindfold.

www.cbr.com

The first issue of Way of X pulls Nightcrawler into a conflict with another mutant that may lift the veil on an underlying conspiracy in Krakoa.

We got confirmation that Thunderbird hasn't been resurrected despite that common sense would have dictated that he would be among the first.

bleedingcool.com

Today, Marvel Comics published four X-books, X-Men #17, Excalibur #10, New Mutants #15, Wolverine #9 and Deadpool #10. But there's more Deadpool Krakoan

Rahne got confirmation that her son isnt in the queue because they need proof of Death despite Tier being impaled by a trident.

There's something that goes beyond "Maddie Pryor was an asshole so they dont want her on the island"

Right now the Quiet Council is claiming "a long queue" when people skip the line all the time.

Just like real life, you need power, influence, or a particular set of skills.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Duggan agrees with Hickman abd White.

why agitate people about this? On top of being a shitty design there are people making genuine good faith arguments about how putting Jean back in this costume is kinda sexist.

If you want to give a costume with her thighs out, just design a new one. They got a bunch of killer artists working for em

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
why agitate people about this?

Cause it's funny how riled up they are to begin with.

They've already explained the symbolism of the outfit. If people don't think that's good enough or even valid at all, I mean… at a certain point you've got to decide to stop reading the books with Jean in them. But it's a little silly to still be in an X-writers twitter mentions tab at this point, which is presumably what prompted this - Duggan isn't exactly a mean dude.

We're two years into this thing. She's not putting on the Red suit or w/e. And just personally, I think there probably is another, actual reason for her wearing the dress that's going to come up in their timeline for all of this stuff and that's why they're so comfortable poking the bear on occasion.

Regardless though, yeah, folks gotta chill. This doesn't carry any sort of rank for bad choices with comic characters. They'll live.

Oct 26, 2017

www.cbr.com

bleedingcool.com

I'm not discounting any of that, I'm just saying the reasons given thus far shouldn't prevent Gabby from being resurrected. Especially as, y'know, unlike everyone else mentioned she was actually on Krakoa.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017

www.cbr.com

bleedingcool.com

Well rahnes kid's situation is a little bit more different cause they know he is alive. He is still sending mind backups. It's just they are coming back different. I'm guessing hes not actually alive but is coming back to earth from hel cause of something so cerebro is picking up the mind but it would be different cause he is not alive. What's bullshit is xfactor not helping her find him to prove he is dead. If all the team has to do to prove some one is alive or dead is by looking at the backups then what's the point of the team

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well rahnes kid's situation is a little bit more different cause they know he is alive. He is still sending mind backups. It's just they are coming back different. I'm guessing hes not actually alive but is coming back to earth from hel cause of something so cerebro is picking up the mind but it would be different cause he is not alive. What's bullshit is xfactor not helping her find him to prove he is dead. If all the team has to do to prove some one is alive or dead is by looking at the backups then what's the point of the team
Could be this was one of the many plots Leah had for X-Factor that had to be shelved when it was cancelled.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I read SWORD and they introduced the mysterium, I was like "I think Hickman and I have different ideas about what a red issue is."

And then I read the rest of it. Holy shit.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
SWORD is always good, but SWORD was real damn good.

If you're not getting updated, you might be dead. X-Factor's job is determining whether or not that maybe is a yes.

If you are being backed up then, as far as they know, you are alive. Of course, that may not be the case. But they don't really have a reason to believe otherwise.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Now my theory about the Trial of Magneto is that

He killed Wanda to try to prove she was a mutant.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Holy hell… they weren't lying when they said they had big plans for Storm. Can someone refresh me on what the status is of her tech illness?

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Sword was every bit the red issue of this event. Massive repercussions will be had from this. Storm rules both literally and figuratively now. Planet Arakko will have a lot of focus with her at the center now.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
It was kinda funny when Cap said he wanted them to accomplish what Murants did on Mars « together ». I know he's friendly with Wolverine and was on Illuminatis with Prof X but was he ever a defender for them ?

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Black Panther upon hearing the news with Storm:

765.jpg

Also all I guess all the players are in motion to effectively set up a illuminati 3.0 against Krakoa/Arrako; quicker than I thought at this time in the new X-men status quo:

Black Panther- Wakanda's effectively the only large sol-local opposing nation
Namor- 2 conversations with Mags/Prof, is an asshole
Doom- just got all up in mutantdom's business, also see above
Reed- history w/ Franklin, also see above
Cap- along for the ride
Tony- who gives a shit, it's Tony, he's set up as the wrong side in any hero conflict 50% of the time

add to that probable Orchid backing/manipulation and man, it's gonna get rough

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Black Panther upon hearing the news with Storm:

765.jpg

Also all I guess all the players are in motion to effectively set up a illuminati 3.0 against Krakoa/Arrako; quicker than I thought at this time in the new X-men quo:

Black Panther- Wakanda's effectively the only large sol-local opposing nation
Namor- 2 conversations with Mags/Prof, is an asshole
Doom- just got all up in mutant's business, also see above
Reed- history w/ Franklin, also see above
Cap- along for the ride
Tony- who gives a shit, it's Tony, he's set up as the wrong side in any hero conflict 50% of the time

add to that probable Orchid backing/manipulation and man, it's gonna get rough
I'm all for this.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

Is Wanda wearing a flower?

Cause Wanda came through a gate.

Which are letting humans through tonight, yes...

But only with a flower.

And I don't see a flower on Wanda.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've read the magneto scene like 4 times and am entirely convinced now that it's Mystique.

image.png

What he's wrought isn't the wonderful nation of Krakoa, it's the hell that she's about to bring down on the whole damn place, and the first step is framing one of the harbingers of her misery for murder. Even the pose strikes me as Mystique-ish.

image.png

"You are Erik's daughter. You will always be Erik's daughter. And BOTH of you are about to pay."

Now the problem is that there are so many psychics and investigators on Krakoa that it feels like they could just look into Magneto's mind to find his innocence, but maybe Mystique's accounted for that.

He also hesitates a lot in his conversation with Wanda (There are like 10 instances of ellipses) which reads to me like someone improvising their story.

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Holy hell… they weren't lying when they said they had big plans for Storm. Can someone refresh me on what the status is of her tech illness?
Cured in Giant Size Storm wasn't it?

I've read the magneto scene like 4 times and am entirely convinced now that it's Mystique.

image.png

What he's wrought isn't the wonderful nation of Krakoa, it's the hell that she's about to bring down on the whole damn place, and the first step is framing one of the harbingers of her misery for murder. Even the pose strikes me as Mystique-ish.

image.png

"You are Erik's daughter. You will always be Erik's daughter. And BOTH of you will pay."
To add to this- Mystique has been seen talking to Destiny's mask a few times. I can't remember seeing Magneto talk to his hat.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

image.png

image.png

"You are Erik's daughter. You will always be Erik's daughter. And BOTH of you will pay."
Can Mystique morph parts entirely separate from her person? Otherwise between her and Cortez, Magneto's helmet did a lot of bouncing around before morning.