• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
It was cool to see Jean justify her Omega status, connecting all those minds without Cerebro is pretty nuts. Also the page of the new team looked so good!

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
It was cool to see Jean justify her Omega status, connecting all those minds without Cerebro is pretty nuts. Also the page of the new team looked so good!

I hear what you're saying, but Jean has recently (since she's been back alive) performed other crazy telepathic feats without Cerebro as well

Worldwide telepathic S.O.S. to any X-Man that can "hear" it

DuaZJU1.jpg

Maintaining a telepathic link some 93,000,000 miles or so while also linked to the team on Orchis and transimitting their collective memories to Xavier/Cerebro to be uploaded after their deaths...first with Monet's help, then without

QN7CsT5.jpg

I loved the telepathic voting for the X-Men and their team reveal page. Lol @ Monet looking pissy towards Everett as he's being congratulated.

Also liked seeing Quentin prompting the Omega mutants one by one and leading up to Emma's reveal. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!

Super excited for Planet Size X-Men next week!!

Richter is so damn ornery

*Edit* Btw was that Kevin Feige talking to Cyclops?

Last edited:

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
*sees namor rebuff Krakoa and goes to hang out with BP, Strange, Cap, Tony*

[Nervously laughs in illuminati]

Oct 25, 2017
Children of the Atom kinda lost me, why couldn't this issue have been the 2nd or 3rd, not much of anything has happened. Xmen and Excalibur were good tho, Mutants are definitely leaving the planet

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if the bombshell referenced in Marauders is related to Emma revealing the resurrection process to everyone. Otherwise, Cyclop's response to Cap's question "did you know about this?" would be different than "I had an inkling." Right?

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
*sees namor rebuff Krakoa and goes to hang out with BP, Strange, Cap, Tony*

[Nervously laughs in illuminati]

I thought his quote was funny about controlling 70 percent of the earth and they have an island.

I don't know if the bombshell referenced in Marauders is related to Emma revealing the resurrection process to everyone. Otherwise, Cyclop's response to Cap's question "did you know about this?" would be different than "I had an inkling." Right?

I don't know what I missed there. What was he talking about? Has that book come out yet?

Children of the Atom kinda lost me, why couldn't this issue have been the 2nd or 3rd, not much of anything has happened. Xmen and Excalibur were good tho, Mutants are definitely leaving the planet

I got the first book and it didn't click with me. Everything from the story to art seem generic.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely about colonizing Mars. Given they sent all the omega level mutants through the portal just before the Fireworks, I imagine that that's what said Fireworks were. Watching the omega evels terraform the planet.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what I missed there. What was he talking about? Has that book come out yet?
In Marauders, page 24, when they skip to after midnight and everyone is distressed about whatever that was revealed.
Cap asks Cyke: "Did you know about this when we met a few days ago?"
Cyke: "Well, not for certain… but I had an inkling."
Cap: "Well, you solved one big problem, but I'm worried you might have created an even bigger mess. I just hope you all know what you're doing."

My mind went to everyone discovering Beast's mess, rather than the resurrections. But then again, the past-midnight skip includes an Arabic businessman calling someone and asking them to "sell everything in *that* sector." So now I wonder if it has something to do with a new Krakoan innovation in pharmaceuticals. Perhaps not everyone felt right about however this "thing" is made? I dunno.

It's definitely about colonizing Mars. Given they sent all the omega level mutants through the portal just before the Fireworks, I imagine that that's what said Fireworks were. Watching the omega evels terraform the planet.
Ah, now that you say that, wasn't whatever is happening on Mars referenced in X-Corp? I need to reread the released issues.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Finally caught up on MU! Now the weekly waits begin. Thankfully I have a 70+ issue backlog of Image and Dark Horse titles to keep me occupied for a while.

Oct 26, 2017
I hear what you're saying, but Jean has recently (since she's been back alive) performed other crazy telepathic feats without Cerebro as well

Worldwide telepathic S.O.S. to any X-Man that can "hear" it

DuaZJU1.jpg

Maintaining a telepathic link some 93,000,000 miles or so while also linked to the team on Orchis and transimitting their collective memories to Xavier/Cerebro to be uploaded after their deaths...first with Monet's help, then without

QN7CsT5.jpg

I loved the telepathic voting for the X-Men and their team reveal page. Lol @ Monet looking pissy towards Everett as he's being congratulated.

Also liked seeing Quentin prompting the Omega mutants one by one and leading up to Emma's reveal. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS!

Super excited for Planet Size X-Men next week!!

Richter is so damn ornery

*Edit* Btw was that Kevin Feige talking to Cyclops?

Yeah I didn't mean to imply she hadn't justified it previously, just that it's always nice when she does!

Rictor is acting incredibly weird when you remember Apocalypse isn't dead and is with his family.

And yup, that's Feige. I wonder what they could be hinting at. :P

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, has anyone pieced together that new Sinister gossip, besides the obvious ones ?
The first one in particular, referring to someone wearing a mask for so long that the mask wears them and fooling everyone. Could it be Xavier ?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
#57 seems to be about Captain Britain and Psylocke.
Yeah, 52 (Emma), 53 (Apoc), 54 (Doug and Bei), 57 (Betsy and Kwannon) and 60 (Sinister and Arakko mutants) are the obvious ones.

Others like the two about the council(s) are too vague to be meaningful beyond the idea that yeah, they're probably expanding to space, and yeah, there are two seats to fill. I don't know how that Winter seat will work out, because Moira is the obvious choice to me, but depending on how that trial goes, they could have two seats to fill.

I do wonder what resources Jamie has been hoarding. Watch as it's M'kraan crystals or some shit.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Since Feige was there, what if Emma showed the attendees the trailer of the X-men's MCU movie?

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there were tons of cameos of known people (Patton Oswald, Conan O'Brien, Feige, etc.) and lesser known people (e.g., the podcasters from Marvel.com). Makes me want to find a comprehensive list.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The series is really spinning its wheels and going nowhere. I'm trying hard, but it's really losing me.

It's also clearly a victim of delays and poor planning, because the Hellfire Gala issue is in August.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
So children of the atom are definitely not mutants right? They are just Superfans and just found alien technology.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
•The issue opens with Namor being a dick about how his domain is huge and the x-men only have an island.
•Emma uses the word 'expansion' to summarize what's about to happen.
•The next big thing is PLANET-SIZE x-men.
•Jamie Braddock appears to be shown on a red world in Excalibur

They are definitely colonizing mars.

The cover:

psxmen2021001_cov_0.jpg

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Mars such a big grab that it deserves a red issue and tons of hype? I mean, the X-Men were already involved with major intergalactic empires via Empyre and SWORD in the last year, so Mars seems like a bit of a damp squib in comparison.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Mars such a big grab that it deserves a red issue and tons of hype? I mean, the X-Men were already involved with major intergalactic empires via Empyre and SWORD in the last year, so Mars seems like a bit of a damp squib in comparison.

A lot of the Krakoa era of x-men books is about mutants getting out from under the thumb of humanity, righting past wrongs, undoing atrocities, developing a culture all their own.

While a planet might seem small compared to interstellar empires, what an empire never is is 'home'. Having a 'home' means safety, comfort, and both of those things are needed for culture to flourish. It puts distance between them and all of their bigoted foes, it frees them from having to play nice with the people they share a wall with, to use the apartment metaphor.

For humanity, there are fewer grand aspirations than the idea of reaching and colonizing mars, but they lack the power & collaboration to make that happen. By doing this, mutantkind both secures a brighter future for themselves and also serves as a gut punch to the oppressive race of people that nearly drove them extinct, by taking that possibility away from humanity.

It's a -big- step towards saying 'we are not lesser.' A lot of it is symbolic or theoretical, but sometimes the most powerful thing a group of people can do is make a STATEMENT.

Presumably, the omega level mutants that just went to Mars are going to use the 'circuit' thing where a bunch of mutants mind-link and like supercharge/combine their powers to terraform Mars right in front of everyone's eyes. It sends a powerful message to say 'we terraformed Mars in a single night.' That's just a prediction, but imagine the idea of not only claiming a world, but turning it into a beautiful garden world instantly, when humans assumed it would take hundreds/thousands of years.

Last edited:

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
You're right and I'll be disappointed if the big reveal is ONLY what we've all been predicting - Mars colonization. We've already seen planting on Mars in HoX #1 and knew in Moira's life #9 Mutants had expanded to Mars in that timeline. It'll be cool to see all the omegas combine their power to terraform Mars (Magneto creating a magnetic field to maintain atmosphere etc.) but I expect they'll add more than that because it needs more than that. Maybe the SWORD reveal will add that extra spice.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I wonder if the mutants plan on terraforming Mars by expanding Krakoa (the actual living island entity itself) to encompass it? Or at the very least be given a large tract of land to rest on. It'd be kind of sad if the mutants just peace out off of Earth and leave Krakoa behind.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the mutants plan on terraforming Mars by expanding Krakoa (the actual living island entity itself) to encompass it? Or at the very least be given a large tract of land to rest on. It'd be kind of sad if the mutants just peace out off of Earth and leave Krakoa behind.

I imagine that night 1 is just turning it into a garden world (Because previous issues that show the end of the night still have everyone standing on Krakoa) and then down the road they will take Krakoa with them.

But it's a good question because...what if Krakoa doesn't want to go?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect mutants to abandon Earth entirely or even mostly. They'll just also have Mars. I expect they'd only leave Earth if Krakoa wanted to get as far from its ex as possible.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I didn't mean to imply she hadn't justified it previously, just that it's always nice when she does!

Ah, agreed 👍😁

A lot of the Krakoa era of x-men books is about mutants getting out from under the thumb of humanity, righting past wrongs, undoing atrocities, developing a culture all their own.

While a planet might seem small compared to interstellar empires, what an empire never is is 'home'. Having a 'home' means safety, comfort, and both of those things are needed for culture to flourish. It puts distance between them and all of their bigoted foes, it frees them from having to play nice with the people they share a wall with, to use the apartment metaphor.

For humanity, there are fewer grand aspirations than the idea of reaching and colonizing mars, but they lack the power & collaboration to make that happen. By doing this, mutantkind both secures a brighter future for themselves and also serves as a gut punch to the oppressive race of people that nearly drove them extinct, by taking that possibility away from humanity.

It's a -big- step towards saying 'we are not lesser.' A lot of it is symbolic or theoretical, but sometimes the most powerful thing a group of people can do is make a STATEMENT.

Presumably, the omega level mutants that just went to Mars are going to use the 'circuit' thing where a bunch of mutants mind-link and like supercharge/combine their powers to terraform Mars right in front of everyone's eyes. It sends a powerful message to say 'we terraformed Mars in a single night.' That's just a prediction, but imagine the idea of not only claiming a world, but turning it into a beautiful garden world instantly, when humans assumed it would take hundreds/thousands of years.

Very nice post. I'm excited to see how this all plays out...and I'm going to re-read those HOX/POX data pages on Galatic and Universal scale civilizations, worldmind etc

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why everyone at the gala would be aghast at the idea of mutants colonizing Mars.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to re-read those HOX/POX data pages on Galatic and Universal scale civilizations, worldmind etc

Oh 100%. My mind went to the exact same place.

I don't understand why everyone at the gala would be aghast at the idea of mutants colonizing Mars.

I think it's the idea that the humans there all assumed that it would be humans that one day lived on/ruled mars.

It's like what if you were driving your 1993 toyota corolla towards a nice open parking space right in front of the store, the only parking space left...And then a fuckin' rolls royce with Magneto, Xavier and Emma Frost just teleported into the spot.

By taking control of mars, they're saying "Hey humans, I know there's nothing you'd like more than to expand to the stars! That said..get fucked."

Also, it's a bit crass to use this comparison but it feels apt:

DGji5uCWsAABeK6.jpg

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Because minorities having any kind of power divorced and independent from the majorities that have oppressed them pisses off those majorities.

Even with Krakoa's drugs, human governments could still feel in control. After all, look at what the UK did in Excalibur. Even though the drugs are something these governments want, they can still decide to not take them and suddenly that power over them is gone.

This is something they don't have any control over. This is mutant power free of human oversight.

Last edited:

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It might represent more than that. Like they're claiming Mars for mutants and humans can fuck off or something.
Hell, with Orchis fucking around Mercury or the Sun, and mutants being on Mars, it's basically splitting the solar system in two, with the inner part being human territory and the outer solar system being mutant territory. And Earth's orbit acting as a border.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Mars wsa the place of Ex Nihilo's garden on Hickman's Avengers.
It was also home to a Shadow Council base lead by Nick Fury's sentient rogue LMD Max Fury in Secret Avengers back in 2010-2011. So, aside from Ex Nihilo terraforming parts of it, it has some evil supervillain infrastructure too.

The moon has Tranquility Gulch, too. The moon X-Men should plant a Krakoan gate there.

And someone needs to go to Counter-Earth!