• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So here's a question

In theory, could the resurrection technique that krakoa is using also work on all humans if they programmed cerebro to backup their minds and had sinister get their DNA?

Or was there something explained in the books about why it only works for mutants

thats Emma's "bombshell" imo, she told them about Ressurection and that they can extend it to humans.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Excited for Inferno! At 160 pages across 4 issues, that's not a lot but it also means the issues are double sized. A little over half the length of HoX/PoX. This is definitely a climax for Reign of X rather than the end of Hickman's run. Dawn started with HoX/PoX and concluded with XoS. Reign has the Hellfire Gala and will end with Inferno. 2022 will probably be the big turning point where Hickman either initiates the endgame or extends the run. We could be looking at a 3 year plan, a 5 year plan, or even a 10 year plan. He has said that he has ideas which are flexible previously. By next year we'll know more about that direction.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit yeah, the fireworks being the resurrection capabilities and them being potentially offered to humanity would fit very well with that.
Like the offer of some life extending drugs brought them a nation, resurrection is that deal x1000 and would effectively buy them world dominion as humanity depends on them fir effective immortality.
Hell the guy that rolled up with the logic crystals to make it happen does so saying "congrats on conquering the earth".

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
So are we absolutely sure beast isn't dark beast? Like God damn I can't stand him in xforce. Please be a superior spiderman situation.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
So are we absolutely sure beast isn't dark beast? Like God damn I can't stand him in xforce. Please be a superior spiderman situation.
From my admittedly small memory of Dark Beast that guy was self aware of what a monster he was right?
This Beast is using his mutation primarily to pat himself on the back over how amazing and goodly smart he is lol.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
uatu-feat.png

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
From my admittedly small memory of Dark Beast that guy was self aware of what a monster he was right?
This Beast is using his mutation primarily to pat himself on the back over how amazing and goodly smart he is lol.
Beast's intelligence is not related to his mutation.

His mutation is his agility, strength, oversized hands and feet. He then was mutated further into the furry form due to a serum he created.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, can't blame Dark Beast. Hank got desperate post-Decimation and then got comfortable. I think he even out Dark Beasts Dark Beast back when they had their secret partnership.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I need to re-read HoX/PoX to see if they ever mention House of M. I'm ready it now and the whole thing might aswell be a pre-Krakoa mutant domination plan in itself, not unlike what Moira and her two boyfriends ultimately want.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Beast's intelligence is not related to his mutation.

His mutation is his agility, strength, oversized hands and feet. He then was mutated further into the furry form due to a serum he created.
Im aware lol, the joke was that that enhanced agility makes patting himself on the back an easy task.

You ever actually try doing that? Its pretty awkward.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are we supposed to know where the Sinister from the end of Hellions is from?

Edit: Oh shit, it's the one from X of Swords that got captured by the Locus Vile.

Last edited:

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
Yeah, at first I was like, "Damn, Nanny really cut Sinister up." Jamie really need to up security on that Avalon gate. First Solem, random teenagers, now the Locust Shits.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
speaking of Solem, they ever gonna do anything with him?

he was supposed to be WOLVERINE'S NEW NEMESIS or soemthing and then...nothing lol.

edit: also I can't find that funny nanny sinister panel you guys posted and now I'm sad :(

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
Well I don't remember Solem being the Reign of X teaser promo so it may be another minute until we see him. Wolverine's book has been stuck on vampires for... it's entire run so... Stop hogging the spotlight Dracula! Sevelith are my best friends now, you aren't cool anymore old man.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
speaking of Solem, they ever gonna do anything with him?

he was supposed to be WOLVERINE'S NEW NEMESIS or soemthing and then...nothing lol.

edit: also I can't find that funny nanny sinister panel you guys posted and now I'm sad :(
he's back after the gala. next Wolverine arc is about him

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The influx of players during the weekend does wonders for the the quality of matches. Must of done a good 30 matches today and all were of good quality as far as I can tell.

First time I ever bother looking into frame data in a fighting game, while it feels like A LOT to learn I already feel like I've made progress just by looking at how safe is my stuff on block. My pressure game up close got a bit more decent I feel. At least I managed to beat a couple of Hunter and higher opponents.

I...I...I vaguely seem to recall some of these terms from the long long ago when I frequented a place called "The Gaming Side"

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Moira and Destiny (and possibly Mystique) definitely planned all of this in a previous life.
It would be super interesting if they engineered this situation just to bring Xavier and Magneto down a peg. X-Force refers to Beast having a god complex, but these two definitely have a god complex.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Opening resurrection to humanity makes no sense from a political or economic standpoint.
Especially when they can already do it.

I mean, how do you all think Black Widow came back? They cloned her and used a telepath to download her memories back into her brain with the intent of having certain memories deleted to make her loyal to Russia and the Red Room. But the guy doing the backups liked her too much and kept her intact, likewise with Yelena Boliva, who's also currently alive due to Krakoa like resurrection.

Sure, he's dead now because Nat mercy killed him, but if dubious organizations can clone Black Widow and keep backups, not to mention all of the weird ass weapons ORCHIS and XENO have already made, they could've cloned that dude too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so despite saying X-Men #12 is in Dawn of X vol. 16, it does not actually have it in there. I have the X of Swords book which has it there so whatever, but I just thought it was kind of funny

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Lost it at the "suprise cameo" in today's issue of X-men.

I imagine a lot of WHAT DOES THIS MEAN posts from CBR and the usual suspects.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Children of the Atom was really good this week, and I haven't liked it much overall in previous issues.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Excalibur. Quiet issue, who was that little red riding hood girl in the background?
Wisdom looked great! Drunk Nightcrawler will never not be fun (I guess we will see more on Way of X). Rachel and Betsy was a sweet moment, liked that.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They are not giving humans the ability to resurrect lol.

I think that tease at the end of X-Men #21 was that mutants are going to Mars to expand. The Hellfire Gala Hardcover standard edition cover is similar, but you can make out Magneto and Jean on a floating X asteroid.

And thats going to be why people leave all flustered.

lone_stranger

Aug 24, 2018
They are not giving humans the ability to resurrect lol.

I think that tease at the end of X-Men #21 was that mutants are going to Mars to expand. The Hellfire Gala Hardcover standard edition cover is similar, but you can make out Magneto and Jean on a floating X asteroid.

And thats going to be why people leave all flustered.

My thoughts as well. I think they're going to colonize Mars, or something similar. Namor's speech at the start about ruling 70% of Earth, the Sinister secret about the number of councils orbiting the sun being more than two, and the fact that the next red issue is "planet-size" X-men hint at something like that.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Mars being a thing was going to come eventually. Hickman didn't reference the Ex Nihilo garden from his Avengers run in the very beginning of this whole Krakoa era for no reason!

Good thing is, the X-Men have less work to do because of the garden already on the planet.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked X-Men this issue. A lot of interesting things occurring, and Hickman really loves Namor and his Illuminati doesn't he?